Download booster found and working-->not really

Search This thread

bsweetness

Mar 27, 2009
I turned mine on via Nova and while I don't see the notification bar icon or display, I just downloaded 40mb cut the rope 2 from the play store on LTE and wifi and saw it going faster than 10 megabytes/second. It flew.

Afterwards I didn't get any sort of notification. I went to see if download booster was still on, and it was. It seemed to be working in the background based on the speeds I observed. I had a strong LTE signal (in NYC) and wifi is typically fast, but not THAT fast. (Cut the rope 2 downloaded in under 4 seconds)

I did several tests with mine, tracking data usage on WiFi and the cellular network. No data was being routed through the cellular network while it was in use, showing that the core element of download booster wasn't enabled (using both WiFi and cellular data for the download).

husky88

May 26, 2013
NYC
speed tested, it's not working

I did several tests with mine, tracking data usage on WiFi and the cellular network. No data was being routed through the cellular network while it was in use, showing that the core element of download booster wasn't enabled (using both WiFi and cellular data for the download).

Update: I just did a speed test on my wifi results and DL speed is showing at 229mbps or 28 MBps. Crap, you're right it's not working.

Droid9684

May 9, 2011
Can't find on Nova using S5 Developers Edition

So, I use Nova launcher and I went to add a shortcut the activities to the my home page and in the settings portion I found download booster. I opened it up, turned it on and it works. Weird...

Edit: nobody can get it to actually work other than turning it on, so it was requested that I change the title.

I was not able to find the feature within the Developers Edition.

UPDATE: Found the feature and turned it on.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So, I use Nova launcher and I went to add a shortcut the activities to the my home page and in the settings portion I found download booster. I opened it up, turned it on and it works. Weird...

Edit: nobody can get it to actually work other than turning it on, so it was requested that I change the title.