[DEV/WIP] CyanogenMod 10 Preview

Search This thread

waydownsouth

Dec 26, 2010
CyanogenMod 10 preview builds for Acer Iconia A100 (vangogh)

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

This is an early release preview of things to come, we are 99% functional hardware wise, but there is still a fair bit of work to do under the hood.

CM10 is still in early stages of development, but, is progressing at a rapid pace... Things will be broken & not all features from CM9 have been ported (yet).
Expect some weirdness, breakage & other things.

pio_masaki has started a thread for general user discussion in general... I will be monitoring that thread too.

Posts giving thanks, telling us that you're downloading now are not wanted nor needed in this thread.
It is about development, for reporting bugs, working on & contributing to fixes/solutions.

Please respect this wish... hit the thanks button & move on to general.

Working:
  • Wifi
  • Bluetooth
  • Storage
  • Sound
  • Camera
  • GPS (Hax)
  • 2d/3d acceleration
  • HDMI video
  • HDMI audio
  • H/W rotation lock

Not working:
  • ??

Reporting bugs:
Please check post 2 to see if it has already been mentioned, if not, make a post, but, be prepared to provide more information (logcats etc) if requested

Full credits to the whole team @ CyanogenMod

randomblame for the early port work & as always, lively discussions in IRC
pio_masaki for all the testing on the a100 device & for being such a helpful & awesome dude.
gh123man for the soon to be ported rotation switch handler

Downloads

Big thanks to lifeofcoding for the hosting

Last edited:

mogydy

Aug 11, 2009
Hi Guys,
I have just noticed that google voice search keeps crashing as soon as it opens. I have attached a logcat of it.

Attachments

• log.txt
    8.8 KB · Views: 104

aquarist

Feb 17, 2008
very good keep going, but how i can install this rom ? can you tell me step by step ? and turkish language supported ?

Theonew

Dec 4, 2010
Wherever I am
very good keep going, but how i can install this rom ? can you tell me step by step ? and turkish language supported ?
I don't know if you have already made any changes to your device, so I'll start from the beginning. I'm assuming that you're running stock ICS. If this is the case, then do as follows:
- Root your device
- Unlock the bootloader
- Flash a custom recovery - Either CWM or TWRP (both are usable to flash this rom; it's just user preference)

You'll then make a nandroid backup, factory reset the device and format partitions. After this, flash the rom (place the file on your sd card and install it).

See here for a more detailed approach: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1711125.

eruisi

Nov 28, 2008
Cupertino
Is this Rom having problem mounting external SD card to /external_sd instead of standard /sdcard?
My internal storage has been filled up for this issue!

Theonew

Dec 4, 2010
Wherever I am
Is this Rom having problem mounting external SD card to /external_sd instead of standard /sdcard?
The internal storage is /sdcard.
Is this good on the A200?

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2
No, this will not work on an a200.

Side note: Let's move all this discussion to the general thread. Any further questions/issues (unrelated to development) should be stated in the general thread.

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
I'm very happy, thank you, but I only need to solve a problem and is mounting the internal sd sd external, I get problems with applications, we know something. thanks
:rolleyes:

This can go into the general thread as mentioned, however I will say this:

Everyone stop using the mount swap on jellytime and/or CM10. Its not fully compatible. Stop asking questions about it, it is NOT ROM related, its the script.

If you choose to use it (your choice of course) we can not and will not help diagnose, troubleshoot or update to fix issues caused by it. If you use that script, don't report issues at all until its removed and they persist.

Tapatalked from my A100 - CM10 Build 4

Reactions: StonedYoda

LoverBoyV

Oct 16, 2010
Is there a reason that I can make all of the apps rotate, but not the home screen? The phone interface is awful when stuck in landscape.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod 10 preview builds for Acer Iconia A100 (vangogh)

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

This is an early release preview of things to come, we are 99% functional hardware wise, but there is still a fair bit of work to do under the hood.

CM10 is still in early stages of development, but, is progressing at a rapid pace... Things will be broken & not all features from CM9 have been ported (yet).
    Expect some weirdness, breakage & other things.

pio_masaki has started a thread for general user discussion in general... I will be monitoring that thread too.

Posts giving thanks, telling us that you're downloading now are not wanted nor needed in this thread.
    It is about development, for reporting bugs, working on & contributing to fixes/solutions.

Please respect this wish... hit the thanks button & move on to general.

Working:
    • Wifi
    • Bluetooth
    • Storage
    • Sound
    • Camera
    • GPS (Hax)
    • 2d/3d acceleration
    • HDMI video
    • HDMI audio
    • H/W rotation lock

Not working:
    • ??

Reporting bugs:
    Please check post 2 to see if it has already been mentioned, if not, make a post, but, be prepared to provide more information (logcats etc) if requested

Full credits to the whole team @ CyanogenMod

randomblame for the early port work & as always, lively discussions in IRC
    pio_masaki for all the testing on the a100 device & for being such a helpful & awesome dude.
    gh123man for the soon to be ported rotation switch handler

Downloads

Big thanks to lifeofcoding for the hosting
    This is a bug, correct? Maybe the bugs should be put in the list for bugs? Makes sense, don't you think?

OK I'm going to ask you either take this to the general thread or PMs. This has nothing to do with development, and this is why:

You reported a "bug" that isn't a bug. You reported said bug with nothing related to it, no logs, potential fixes or any useful information, at all, and still haven't.

Its not a bug, its how the launcher works for whatever reason Google saw necessary. The general thread has information about it, I ask again you go read it.

Now take your attitude elsewhere, its not needed nor wanted in this thread.

Tapatalked from my Galaxy S II.
    new build up,

Rotation switch is working, there are a couple of related ui elements still remaining in the settings app, still WIP there.

Theme engine is back!

enjoy :)
    Thanks!!! I am downloading as we speak to give this a try. :good:
    Did you read the OP? Those kind of posts aren't allowed here.
    The internal storage is /sdcard.
    Is this good on the A200?

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2
    No, this will not work on an a200.

Side note: Let's move all this discussion to the general thread. Any further questions/issues (unrelated to development) should be stated in the general thread.