Need Help with Diag mode...

Search This thread

BolinMedia

Jul 28, 2008
I have a kit rom and a 4.3 rom on the phone, and neither can go into diag mode using the ##3424# code from the dial pad. I believe I need diag mode to connect to program and I cant get it to come up. I am in debug mode already and have the htc abd drivers on my pc as well as java. all I need to do (I think) is get the phone into diag mode to access the program.

I hope someone can help me. its driving me crazy not being able to use this phone :(

Thanks guys.:cyclops:

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
I have a kit rom and a 4.3 rom on the phone, and neither can go into diag mode using the ##3424# code from the dial pad. I believe I need diag mode to connect to program and I cant get it to come up. I am in debug mode already and have the htc abd drivers on my pc as well as java. all I need to do (I think) is get the phone into diag mode to access the program.

I hope someone can help me. its driving me crazy not being able to use this phone :(

Thanks guys.:cyclops:

the code is *#*#3424#*#*
or HTC Info Menu *#*#4636#*#*

BolinMedia

Jul 28, 2008
the code is *#*#3424#*#*
or HTC Info Menu *#*#4636#*#*

Thanks. I got it into diag mode, but the program I am trying to use still wont recognize it. I have to write a new imei to it because the old one was black listed. I bought it from craigslist, and it all worked fine for a month. the guy I got it from had it black listed, and now I cant use it. it sucks bad. att wouldn't help me either. they say he blacklisted it, but it isn't reported stolen, so I have no idea why the prick did this. Only option is to get a different imei.

I installed java sdk, android sdk, htc abd drivers, enable debugging, and put it into diag mode, and still the WriteImei program wont recognize it in the com port area.

Anyone able to help? I heard there was a paid app from the phone instead of the pc app, but I cant find it anywhere.

thanks guys.

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
Thanks. I got it into diag mode, but the program I am trying to use still wont recognize it. I have to write a new imei to it because the old one was black listed. I bought it from craigslist, and it all worked fine for a month. the guy I got it from had it black listed, and now I cant use it. it sucks bad. att wouldn't help me either. they say he blacklisted it, but it isn't reported stolen, so I have no idea why the prick did this. Only option is to get a different imei.

I installed java sdk, android sdk, htc abd drivers, enable debugging, and put it into diag mode, and still the WriteImei program wont recognize it in the com port area.

Anyone able to help? I heard there was a paid app from the phone instead of the pc app, but I cant find it anywhere.

thanks guys.

Sorry the Phone is Useless in the US ..their's no way to change the IMEI
Sell the phone overseas on ebay ...I have seen others like it.

And yes AT&T will let it go for a few weeks but after that it's useless (It's actually a good Deal if your phone is stolen at least you know the Thief ain't profiting from it)

Solarenemy68

Jul 28, 2009
Dallas

thanks guys.

There is no way to change an IEMI in the US. All US phones have it hard coded in the hardware. It's a federal law and requirement so they can track phones better. Furthermore if it is on a blacklist you might as well as said sell it overseas where they may not care or throw it away. No provider in the will touch a blacklisted phone. Also they only one who can remove it from the blacklist is the original owner so you have absolutely no way of having it removed yourself.

You may also want to consider legal action against the person you bought it from if you have their real contact info and proof of purchase other than your word and their word.