[Q] HTC One M7, Reverse S-Off Super CID Confusion

Search This thread

demayod

Jun 9, 2012
Hello Everyone,

I know this probably isn't the best place to post this question. I'm limited to not posting in the dev section.
I'm going to post my question and hope someone can help anyway.

I have an HTC One (M7) that seemed to have reception problems. I always thought I just needed to flash a new radio. So I went ahead and S-OFF'd my phone as well as Super CID. I then flashed a new radio & my reception problem seemed to go away. (or so i thought).
I then went ahead and turned my AT&T One into a Google Edition.

I have noticed that my reception problems never really went away. (When I am at home I have full bars. The conversation starts out fine, but about 10 seconds in, the person at the other end can no longer hear me.)

I now suspect this is a problem with the antenna & I have to get my phone back to stock so that I can hopefully switch out for a new one.

I'm just wondering which step I should do first. S-On again (I used REVONE to S-OFF) , CID back to AT&T, or switch back from the GE rom?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Dan

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
Hello Everyone,

I know this probably isn't the best place to post this question. I'm limited to not posting in the dev section.

I have an HTC One (M7) that seemed to have reception problems. I always thought I just needed to flash a new radio. So I went ahead and S-OFF'd my phone as well as Super CID. I then flashed a new radio & my reception problem seemed to go away. (or so i thought).

I have noticed that my reception problems never really went away. (When I am at home I have full bars. The conversation starts out fine, but about 10 seconds in, the person at the other end can no longer hear me.)

I now suspect this is a problem with the antenna & I have to get my phone back to stock so that I can hopefully switch out for a new one.

I'm just wondering which step I should do first. S-On again (I used REVONE to S-OFF) , CID back to AT&T, or switch back from the GE rom?

Thank you,

Dan

If I were returning my phone to Stock, this is the process I would use
  1. Change CID to Stock fastboot oem writecid CWS__001
  2. Run the latest RUU for my phone
  3. then use Revone to lock the bootloader and s-on

I think that's the correct order .. if anyone knows different please chime in

Here's a definitive Guide
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2358738

Last edited:
Reactions: demayod

demayod

Jun 9, 2012

Thanks so much for the response! I appreciate the help. Very informative. I'll read through & hopefully I report back with good news tomorrow morning. :cyclops:

demayod

Jun 9, 2012

I guess I spoke too soon. After completion, I realized that TWRP was still installed, so I flashed the stock recovery. At this point everything seemed fine, but I noticed that the supersu icon was still there. I also noticed that wifi will no longer turn on. Clearly I've done something wrong.

The first time I had used a nandroid backup to restore to stock, then lock, s-on, remove tampered. That is when I realized TWRP was still installed and SuperSu was still there.

This is when I downloaded an RUU that matched my phone, but it errors saying something like "wrong boot version" (I'm not near my home pc to look)

I tried the process again & somehow SuperSu lost binaries. So I unlocked my bootloader again through HTCDev.com This gave me working SuperSu again. And this is where I am stuck.

I wonder if the GE rom changed something so that this process wont work?

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
I guess I spoke too soon. After completion, I realized that TWRP was still installed, so I flashed the stock recovery. At this point everything seemed fine, but I noticed that the supersu icon was still there. I also noticed that wifi will no longer turn on. Clearly I've done something wrong.

The first time I had used a nandroid backup to restore to stock, then lock, s-on, remove tampered. That is when I realized TWRP was still installed and SuperSu was still there.

This is when I downloaded an RUU that matched my phone, but it errors saying something like "wrong boot version" (I'm not near my home pc to look)

I tried the process again & somehow SuperSu lost binaries. So I unlocked my bootloader again through HTCDev.com This gave me working SuperSu again. And this is where I am stuck.

I wonder if the GE rom changed something so that this process wont work?

when you run the RUU did you use the exe or Rom.zip /?
I use the rom.zip and flash in fastboot...

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
I used the ruu. I didn't realize you can access a Rom.zip. how can I try that? Thanks!

This is the instructions posted by Scotty85
I'm just re-posting it for you

here is how you extract rom.zip:

Quote:
the .exe utilities can be finicky,so if you have trouble getting it to run, you can extract "rom.zip" in the following manner:
-start the utility
-check the "i understand" box to move on to the next screen
-hide the utility temporarily out of site
-search your C drive for "rom.zip". you will find it in a temporary location(it will be in a different spot each time you run the utility)
-open the folder location,and transfer rom.zip to a safe location on your PC.
-unhide and cancel the utility,youre done with it.
-rom.zip can be flashed using
adb reboot-bootloader
fastboot oem rebootRUU
fastboot flash zip rom.zip
fastboot flash zip rom.zip (yes do this 2 times)
fastboot reboot

here are some directions to flash "rom.zip"
if youre working with a booted,operational phone,you can flsh the file in the following manner:

-open a cmd window

-change to adb/fastboot directory
cd c:\foldername
(cd c:\mini-adb if youve used any of my guides )

-place the zip file you want to flash into adb/fastboot directory

-enable usb debug,disable fastboot,plug in phone

-check for connectivity
adb devices (should return serial number)

-boot to fastboot
adb reboot bootloader

-check for connectivity again
fastboot devices

-flash the file
fastboot erase cache

fastboto oem rebootRUU (will put you in ruu mode,black screen silver htc letters)

fastboot flash zip zipfilename.zip (will send and flash the file. dont interupt it while the cmd window shows its writinging,and the green status bar is moving on the phone screen)

*sometimes a file will fail with a pre-update error. this is normal,just enter again:
fastboot flash zip zipfilename.zip
and this time it will finish

-when you get "finished" and "OK"
fastboot reboot-bootloader (takes you back to fastboot)

-reboot back to the OS
fastbooot reboot

you can use this if you dont have an operational phone as well. you just need to manually put the phone in fastboot(select from hboot menu) then skip the "adb" commands and start with fastboot devices
to answer your other question,yes,you will need to re-unlock and re-install recovery after running the RUU. an ruu is designed as an "unroot" solution, or emergency fix,if other attempts have not made the phone operational.

Last edited:
Reactions: demayod

demayod

Jun 9, 2012
My mid is PN0712000. I think that was always my mid. Don't recall changing it.
My cid is currently CW__001

I've tried: RUU_M7_UL_JB_50_Cingular_1.26.502.12.exe

also tried: RUU_M7_UL_JB_50_Cingular_US_1.26.502.15_Radio_4A.17.3250.20_10.40.1150.04_release_326691_signed_2.exe

I'm currently S-On (could that be an issue?)

I'm unlocked.

demayod

Jun 9, 2012
It did! I'm completely back to stock. I decided to update to the latest RUU that AT&T has released. Just to avoid AT&T wanting me to update to see if it fixes the problem. I know for a fact that it wouldn't fix the problem anyway.

Oddly, my phone told me I was up to date while on the .12 RUU even though I knew the .15 RUU exists. I downloaded the RUU for .15 and it ran fine once I went back to stock after running the .12 rom.zip.

In summary, you saved me from a huge headache! Thanks so much for all the help & kindness.

Last edited:

larrydadz

Apr 8, 2012
Accra, Ghana

Hi guys this might be the wrong platform for this question ...but can anyone pls help me with the stock cidnum for sprint htc one M8..thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello Everyone,

Thank you,

Dan

I used the ruu. I didn't realize you can access a Rom.zip. how can I try that? Thanks!

This is the instructions posted by Scotty85
    I'm just re-posting it for you

here is how you extract rom.zip:

Quote:
    the .exe utilities can be finicky,so if you have trouble getting it to run, you can extract "rom.zip" in the following manner:
    -start the utility
    -check the "i understand" box to move on to the next screen
    -hide the utility temporarily out of site
    -search your C drive for "rom.zip". you will find it in a temporary location(it will be in a different spot each time you run the utility)
    -open the folder location,and transfer rom.zip to a safe location on your PC.
    -unhide and cancel the utility,youre done with it.
    -rom.zip can be flashed using
    adb reboot-bootloader
    fastboot oem rebootRUU
    fastboot flash zip rom.zip
    fastboot flash zip rom.zip (yes do this 2 times)
    fastboot reboot

here are some directions to flash "rom.zip"
    if youre working with a booted,operational phone,you can flsh the file in the following manner:

-open a cmd window

-change to adb/fastboot directory
    cd c:\foldername
    (cd c:\mini-adb if youve used any of my guides )

-place the zip file you want to flash into adb/fastboot directory

-enable usb debug,disable fastboot,plug in phone

-check for connectivity
    adb devices (should return serial number)

-boot to fastboot
    adb reboot bootloader

-check for connectivity again
    fastboot devices

-flash the file
    fastboot erase cache

fastboto oem rebootRUU (will put you in ruu mode,black screen silver htc letters)

fastboot flash zip zipfilename.zip (will send and flash the file. dont interupt it while the cmd window shows its writinging,and the green status bar is moving on the phone screen)

*sometimes a file will fail with a pre-update error. this is normal,just enter again:
    fastboot flash zip zipfilename.zip
    and this time it will finish

-when you get "finished" and "OK"
    fastboot reboot-bootloader (takes you back to fastboot)

-reboot back to the OS
    fastbooot reboot

you can use this if you dont have an operational phone as well. you just need to manually put the phone in fastboot(select from hboot menu) then skip the "adb" commands and start with fastboot devices
    to answer your other question,yes,you will need to re-unlock and re-install recovery after running the RUU. an ruu is designed as an "unroot" solution, or emergency fix,if other attempts have not made the phone operational.
    Yep that should do it :)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4