[Q] What am i missing?

Search This thread

churchnilled

Sep 19, 2013
Hi Folks,

Well i have run into two issues following this guide http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2478019

I am using the Locked Bootloader instruction's and am up to

"Reboot in Touch CWM recovery (Camera button when the phone reboot), Wipe Data, Cache and Dalvik Cache."

The bit causing me a senior moment is this "Unmount System, Flash the rom AND SuperUser fix"

Which ROM? From where? and do i use flashtool? Volume down/plug into pc? Then after doing that it also states to flash "12.1.A.0.266 kernel only" where do i download the kernel only?

I have downloaded

Xperia_SP_eXistenZ_Ultra_2.0.0.zip - 848,60MB - From thread linked above

C5303_12.1.A.0.266_Central European 1 CE1.ftf - 783,787KB - From this site under Xperia SP General if i recall

kernel.266.ftf - 7,616KB - From this site can't remember which thread off hand

Thanks for any pointers to where this old codger is going wrong, cheers.

Parkside

Jul 10, 2012
London
On phone so can't go into too much detail. But ftf files can only be flashed using flash tools and custom roms in the zip format are flashed using cwm or other recoveries. So the room in your case is existenz.
The kernel has to be flashed using flash tools seems like you have already got it. The reason it's so complex is because as yet there is no way to root the 266 firmware, so you have to root an old firmware, install a recovery, install the rom and then install the new kernel so the ROM works.

Sent from my C5303 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

churchnilled

Sep 19, 2013
On phone so can't go into too much detail. But ftf files can only be flashed using flash tools and custom roms in the zip format are flashed using cwm or other recoveries. So the room in your case is existenz.
The kernel has to be flashed using flash tools seems like you have already got it. The reason it's so complex is because as yet there is no way to root the 266 firmware, so you have to root an old firmware, install a recovery, install the rom and then install the new kernel so the ROM works.

Sent from my C5303 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thank you for the reply,

I might just have to have a stab at it tomorrow as phone is rooted with cwm as instructions.

so i need to read up on installing rom from cwm, if i am reading it right i do the Wipe Data, Cache and Dalvik Cache from cwm touch then unmount system and with Xperia_SP_eXistenZ_Ultra_2.0.0.zip on external sd card i use cwm again to flash from zip then use flashtool to flash the kernel.266.ftf and job a good,un.

churchnilled

Sep 19, 2013
I Finally took the plunge after getting fed up waiting for UK-O2-Pay Monthly to release and i have to say it was well worth it. Pretty dam straight forward and now updated to eXistenZ Ultra 2.1.5 on a LB.

So much snappier, everything feels smoother/faster and some nice touches added.
Just posted here for my future reference that i actually did do it.