[How To] Flash KS20 Complete Guide + Official ROMs DL list + Free Unbranded .nv2

Search This thread

raykisi

Sep 29, 2007
@Blueangel69

If your question is really a question that hvn't been asked b4 and dun hv an ans in my thread, i m happy to answer it, but i dun think your question is really a question coz that already hv ans in 1st post.

Normally we use "Erase EFS" to avoid OTP problem as mentioned in the 1st post. But you must hv a .nv2 with you b4 flashing or you ll regret.

Last edited:

Blueangel69

Nov 24, 2006
Viseu
Sorry

How do i get an .nv2 ?
Do i Backup the nv wen im prompted by the app ?
Is that the .nv2 ?
Im confused.com :eek:.
Next i will just try in another computer.
I justn dont know why i cant do it well in my HP Pavillion dv2000,its a full spec Laptop.
Help please,i have to flash new ROM,cause i dont understand nothing of Greak,lol.

raykisi

Sep 29, 2007
Have you read the two thread at my signature?
That all u need to how about flashing KS20
"[How To] Connect KS20 with LGMDP + Free Unbranded .nv2" have information about connecting LGMDP, and after u connect to it, u can back up ur .nv2 data from ur phone, just play around with the LGMDP program there are not many options to use

Just fxxking read every words that i wrote and get more understanding b4 you hv confident to do the flash

Last edited:

Blueangel69

Nov 24, 2006
Viseu
Hi all

Ive done it.
Everything went well.
LG KS20 is no longer in Greak language, but now is in English.
Thank you Raykisi for your patience man. I wasnt understanding very well your written expression. Thankx allot mate. Keep up the good work.
I dont have more time for cooking,i just got a busy job.

chumbinho

Oct 15, 2008
lg ks20 help

good morning
i am one lg ks20 with the langue french and i want to change on portugues i want to no how can change
thank you

raykisi

Sep 29, 2007
@chumbinho

I dun think we have official Portuguese rom from LG, if you want to flash to Portuguese language, you probably need to cook ur own rom

Oct 3, 2008
Anybody knows how to increase bluetooth handsfree volume from phone side?

I has SonyEricsson handsfree that works perfectly with my second phone SonyEricsson M600i. I try to use handsfree on LG KS20 and found that sound volume is very low...
(hansfree volume is on max level... )

any ideas what can be wrong? and how to fix situation?

handsfree is Sony Ericsson HBH-GV435

Last edited:

Tirke

Nov 30, 2006
raykisi king

raykisi king!!

I just finish flashing phone with your FAQ and finally phone have total funkcinality!!

Thank you for generating NK2 file and for everything that you perform for me!

DjMIKKI

May 12, 2008
Växjö
Help Help Please

halloo guys you are awesome. I read almost every post there is about ks20. I have a big problem: I hade a swedish ks20 with 10c before I flashed it with Kiss 20 rom. Becouse I have 1 private phone (ks20) and a work phone (junk) I tried to put the (2 in 1) sim card in the phone, and I accidentaly breaked the kontakts to the sim in the phone. Now in order to get it fixed I need to flash my phone with my old swedish 10c rom. I made an backup before I flashed it, so I now have the .raw files but I cant find any swedish 10c rom or a way to flash it with my backup.... PLEASE CAN ANYBODY HELP ME???

P.S.: Sorry for my English...

Last edited:

raykisi

Sep 29, 2007
@DjMIKKI

To do so, you have to read some post about rom cooking and cook ur own rom with the raw files that u got and flash it back

Basically, the idea is:
(1) Use KS20 kitchen, to extract the content in any existing flashable rom,
(2) Use LGFlashMuncher.exe to extract the content in raw files
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=408246
(3) Replace the files and build rom to flash

Last edited:

DjMIKKI

May 12, 2008
Växjö
Thanks raykisi for the info!!! Im gonna test it on Sunday and if it works Im gonna upload the Swedish rom. Thanks again.

garlumh

Oct 19, 2008
Thanks raykisi and ChuckyIT and everyone who made this possible. I have succesfully flash a Chinese KS20 bought in Hong Kong to English version(after i think over 7 or 8 flashes and went over quite a few hurdles and near heart attacks). In the end it works.

Now I'm tempting to upgrade to WM6.1 for being more stable,faster perfoemence and power saving, saw it on another thread by spocky12.

The questions is, is there a limit on how many times you can flash a phone? I heard flash will wear out some day?

Many thanks!

DjMIKKI

May 12, 2008
Växjö
I cant extract the raw files...maybe they are damaged...I need a unbranded v10c swedish rom please guys...help help.

slyphoenix

Jun 18, 2007
after flash i have no net work

hi all
i flash my lg ks20 and after i had no network at all , Raykisi send me an .nv2 file
i flash my phone with an unbranded rom and after restoring the .nv2 file send by Raykisi my phone is saved, everything is rigth now.

Raykisi yr a genius, thanks a lot for your job.

nhathoa

Dec 5, 2006
- After made back up .nv2 file. The size of .nv2 is 102kB. Is it right? :d
- And when i run lg_.exe to get unlock code, and it doesn't show UNLOCK CODE. (See attachment). So, was it unlocked?

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

raykisi

Sep 29, 2007
@nhathoa

Normally, .nv2 size should be 115-117KB
I dun no y the unlock code didn't show up, may be there is no lock with ur .nv2

nhathoa

Dec 5, 2006
@nhathoa

Normally, .nv2 size should be 115-117KB
I dun no y the unlock code didn't show up, may be there is no lock with ur .nv2
I did restore my back up .nv2 (with size 102kB) and it is ok.
Maybe, the lg_.exe not show Unlock code, cause my device wa unlocked.
Thanks.