MYBAT Jolt Case mini review - amazing case for only $6

Search This thread

montymintypie

Oct 25, 2010
Brisbane
I'm not that great at prose. Bullet points for all of you!

Bought from here. Also comes in white and red.

Notes:
The great big DANGER sticker and Big Scary Laser sticker is something I bought separately.

Pros:
  • It's 6 freaking dollars!
  • Does not feel cheap
  • Volume/power buttons retain their 'click'
  • Reasonable protection
  • High lip for drop protection
  • Lip does not impede touching the edge of the screen
  • Stand actually useful (comfortable angle)
  • Slippery enough to slide into my pocket, grippy enough to comfortably stay on a table
  • Does not attract fingerprints at all
  • Fit is very tight, phone absolutely won't come out on its own
  • Feels comfortably rugged but not ridiculously so
  • Would not be afraid to drop the phone whilst in the case

Cons:
  • Volume/power buttons have very little definition on the case, very easy to accidentally press volume down whilst holding the phone
  • Stylus cutout could be a tad bigger
  • Larger headphone connectors may not fit
  • Larger microUSB connectors may not fit
  • Can be a little fiddly to get the phone out of the case due to tight fit

Neutral:
  • Stand only has one angle (I like it for the simplicity, but each to their own)
  • Stand feels a little flimsy (I don't think it will break unless someone smacks the phone down whilst standing)
  • No dust covers on the jacks (I personally like this as I hate having to remove dust covers when I want to plug anything in)

Wrapup:
For $6 shipped I couldn't be happier.
Unless I find something hugely better or the otterbox commuter drops in price by $20, I'm sticking with this.

Pics:
mybat1.JPG

mybat2.JPG

mybat3.JPG

mybat4.JPG

mybat5.JPG

mybat6.JPG

mybat7.JPG

mybat8.JPG

mybat9.JPG

mybat10.JPG

mybat11.JPG

Reactions: Double0EK

-EViL-KoNCEPTz-

Nov 9, 2011
Tampa Bay area
I've got the same case, modded it to use with my flip cover and it works great. With the flip cover on I can fold it back and prop the stand on it or it lays flat in front like a keyboard on a laptop. The only problem I have with it is the kickstand is a bit flimsy.

I like to break stuff! :D

-EViL-KoNCEPTz-

Nov 9, 2011
Tampa Bay area
I think I might give this one a go - can't say no to extra protection!

I put the flip cover on, then put the case on and marked it just 1mm-2mm from the top and bottom of the flip cover then removed the case and cut it down to the little groove along the back edge, then cut along the groove. Afterwards I sanded the back edge with 200-1800 grit sand paper and it looks factory finished now.

montymintypie

Oct 25, 2010
Brisbane
I put the flip cover on, then put the case on and marked it just 1mm-2mm from the top and bottom of the flip cover then removed the case and cut it down to the little groove along the back edge, then cut along the groove. Afterwards I sanded the back edge with 200-1800 grit sand paper and it looks factory finished now.

I don't quite read you... Pics?

apallohadas

Sep 4, 2010
Got the same case from amazon for a buck with 5 bucks shipping. Very god review and I agree with all of it.

Pics of the models version would be awesome.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

asmd6230

Feb 14, 2011
I just received my uag scout case and then I see this thread. Blast. The uag case is nice. Fit is not a hundred percent but protection feels good. What it is, is not worth 39 that I paid for it. This case looks like it would offer similar level of protection to the uag case. Anybody compared the two? Might get it to cutout the back to allow for better charging wen I finally get around to performing the induction charging mod.

-EViL-KoNCEPTz-

Nov 9, 2011
Tampa Bay area
I'll post pictures on the phone soon, either tonight if I can get decent pics with my wifes photon on weds when I get home and have my 2nd note I can put the case on and take pics

h3ck

Oct 7, 2007
Otizzle
The only thing to be careful with on this case is the inside edges are pretty sharp, at least on mine, and scuff up the edges of the phone. The reason I don't use it on my new note.

Sent from my Note II

vectron

Apr 23, 2011
I just received my uag scout case and then I see this thread. Blast. The uag case is nice. Fit is not a hundred percent but protection feels good. What it is, is not worth 39 that I paid for it. This case looks like it would offer similar level of protection to the uag case. Anybody compared the two? Might get it to cutout the back to allow for better charging wen I finally get around to performing the induction charging mod.

Sorry, but in terms of quality these are in a different category. Two months ago I said to myself after getting a handful of ebay cases - hey they all cost as much as one of the premium one. Then, I compared it to those from UAG, Case-Mate, and Otterbox - and the quality and fitment of ebay cases was pale in comparison. They will offer a similar level of protection, I will not deny that. But you will see how brittle plastic material is, how hard to push volume/power buttons, how flimsy and stretchy silicone inserts, how poorly inner/outer shells interconnect, how flimsy kickstand is, the silicone/plastic gets a blue shade from your jeans pocket, and how poor some of the port openings are. Regarding price of UAG - that's expected when a brand new product is released and there is such a high demand for it, thanks to a great reputation of their S3 cases.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm not that great at prose. Bullet points for all of you!

Bought from here. Also comes in white and red.

Notes:
    The great big DANGER sticker and Big Scary Laser sticker is something I bought separately.

Pros:
    • It's 6 freaking dollars!
    • Does not feel cheap
    • Volume/power buttons retain their 'click'
    • Reasonable protection
    • High lip for drop protection
    • Lip does not impede touching the edge of the screen
    • Stand actually useful (comfortable angle)
    • Slippery enough to slide into my pocket, grippy enough to comfortably stay on a table
    • Does not attract fingerprints at all
    • Fit is very tight, phone absolutely won't come out on its own
    • Feels comfortably rugged but not ridiculously so
    • Would not be afraid to drop the phone whilst in the case

Cons:
    • Volume/power buttons have very little definition on the case, very easy to accidentally press volume down whilst holding the phone
    • Stylus cutout could be a tad bigger
    • Larger headphone connectors may not fit
    • Larger microUSB connectors may not fit
    • Can be a little fiddly to get the phone out of the case due to tight fit

Neutral:
    • Stand only has one angle (I like it for the simplicity, but each to their own)
    • Stand feels a little flimsy (I don't think it will break unless someone smacks the phone down whilst standing)
    • No dust covers on the jacks (I personally like this as I hate having to remove dust covers when I want to plug anything in)

Wrapup:
    For $6 shipped I couldn't be happier.
    Unless I find something hugely better or the otterbox commuter drops in price by $20, I'm sticking with this.

Pics:
    mybat1.JPG

mybat2.JPG

mybat3.JPG

mybat4.JPG

mybat5.JPG

mybat6.JPG

mybat7.JPG

mybat8.JPG

mybat9.JPG

mybat10.JPG

mybat11.JPG
    Im pretty sure THIS is the same case.

Correct, it is identical.
    Im uploading some pics of the case and flip cover now, will take some with them on the phone when my wife gets home so I can use her phone camera