[Q] Xperia Ray stuck at Sony logo

Search This thread

ketxorange

Aug 6, 2012
Hi guys, I'm in a deadlock situation trying to recover my Xperia Ray. It just stuck at Sony logo. I know there is a lot of topics with the same issue, I've tried all that I could and most of the instructions that I can find on the internet, but not luck.

Here is what I've done but unfortunately, none works:

1) Install Sony Update Service, select Xperia Ray and reinstall the latest firmware. [Result: Successful, but still stuck at Sony Logo]

2) Download the .ftf (I flashed almost all version, GB, JB etc) , wipe everything, and flashed using flashtool. [Result: Successfully flashed, but still stuck at Sony Logo]

3) Unlock the bootloader, using Flashtool, I flashed several custom kernel and rom combination, (Lupus, Xkernel, Ice Bean Rom, MIUI rom, Xperia HD rom). [Result: Successfully flashed the custom kernel and rom, CWM from the kernel loads fine to flash the rom, but after flashing, still stuck, this time at the kernel's logo]

4) Relock the bootloader, tried to reflash the firmware using Sony Update Service again. [Result: Successfull, but stuck at Sony logo, again]

That's it, please help me, anyone have any idea on what can I do to solve this? Is it possible that this is the hardware defect, not software?

I'll really appreciate your help.

ronak383

Feb 7, 2013
mumbai
please someone help us :'(

Even i am stuck in the same situation :'( have tried out the same steps as above :/ still no success
Please some one try to help in order to get our rays working :/

ketxorange

Aug 6, 2012
Anyone? My last resort would be to send the phone to Sony service centre and see what they can do.

bejunk

May 9, 2013
Berlin
guys, now im on this situation too. i have no idea what should i do next. you guys can solve it ?
expalain a bit further:

rom, device, root, bl unleck yes or no, worked it before ....?

the problem is if u flashed a custom kernel like mikes from cm11 or so you shouldnt see sony logo , you should see custom kerneles custom boot logo. else kernel not flash sucessfully

mrahmanda

Jan 3, 2012
Bandung
expalain a bit further:

rom, device, root, bl unleck yes or no, worked it before ....?

the problem is if u flashed a custom kernel like mikes from cm11 or so you shouldnt see sony logo , you should see custom kerneles custom boot logo. else kernel not flash sucessfully

uh im sorry,
ROM: any rom stock/costum , JB/ICS/KK/GB (i tried many rom but always stuck on kernel logo)
Device: ST18i (ray)
Bl: unlocked

the problem is start when i forget my pin from lockscreen, and i do a full wipe, but stuck on kernel logo and never get boot