[Q] HELP Rooting (MK2)?? But On STOCK 4.2.2 DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO NEXT

Search This thread

Skitts

Jul 29, 2013
In the begin I rooted my S4 On the MDL baseband (4.2.2) and had OUDHS recovery installed but i decided to to install Wicked_v10 (4.3) which required for to update to the 4.3 modem and i followed these steps http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2544612 i followed all the steps with Odin BUT it said that it fail to Update.And it well reboot its self say back to download mode saying "firmware upgrade encountered an issue. please select recovery mode in kies & try again" so basically my phone was Soft-bricked i manage resorting it back use this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2258628 And soon enough my s4 was back alive:fingers-crossed: But only one problem now i take a look in my setting and i was on the MK2 Baseband :confused: As you can see in the screenshot and on top of the i get the error my notification bar saying "The device has detected an application attempting unpermitted actions and has
stopped loading. To protect your device, it is recommended you reboot." So im stuck now and i dont know what to next :crying:
should i just revert back to the MDL baseband because im not sure what to :(

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-02-22-17-34-16.png
    Screenshot_2014-02-22-17-34-16.png
    139.8 KB · Views: 562
  • Screenshot_2014-02-22-17-35-00.png
    Screenshot_2014-02-22-17-35-00.png
    116.3 KB · Views: 513
Last edited:

Vigz

Sep 16, 2012
In the begin I rooted my S4 On the MDL baseband (4.2.2) and had OUDHS recovery installed but i decided to to install Wicked_v10 (4.3) which required for to update to the 4.3 modem and i followed these steps http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2544612 i followed all the steps with Odin BUT it said that it fail to Update.And it well reboot its self say back to download mode saying "firmware upgrade encountered an issue. please select recovery mode in kies & try again" so basically my phone was Soft-bricked i manage resorting it back use this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2258628 And soon enough my s4 was back alive:fingers-crossed: But only one problem now i take a look in my setting and i was on the MK2 Baseband :confused: As you can see in the screenshot and on top of the i get the error my notification bar saying "The device has detected an application attempting unpermitted actions and has
stopped loading. To protect your device, it is recommended you reboot." So im stuck now and i dont know what to next :crying:

According to the screenshots you uploaded, you are not on MDL firmware. In fact, you are on MDB firmware. MDB was released when the T-Mobile Galaxy S4 came out. Use Odin and flash the MDL firmware (use that same restore thread again, but do NOT download the link that says Stock Tar, instead download UVUAMDL Official TAR). Flashing this should restore the baseband version from MK2 to MDL.

Last edited:
Reactions: Skitts

Skitts

Jul 29, 2013
According to the screenshots you uploaded, you are not on MDL firmware. In fact, you are on MDB firmware. MDB was released when the T-Mobile Galaxy S4 came out. Use Odin and flash the MDL firmware (use that same restore thread again, but do NOT download the link that says Stock Tar, instead download UVUAMDL Official TAR). Flashing this should restore the baseband version from MK2 to MDL.

Thanks i did not see that i was to busy worrying I think thats why my Wifi wasnt working , But other then that you got and suggestions why the modem MK2 gave me a error through odin ?

Vigz

Sep 16, 2012
Thanks i did not see that i was to busy worrying I think thats why my Wifi wasnt working , But other then that you got and suggestions why the modem MK2 gave me a error through odin ?

I'm not sure. I actually used that tutorial to upgrade my baseband and it worked just fine. Another person also had this issue as well. I told them that it could have something to do with the custom binary counter. Apparently, the phone prevents you from flashing unsigned items if the counter is high. You can reset it with an app called TriangleAway.

Reactions: Skitts

Skitts

Jul 29, 2013
I'm not sure. I actually used that tutorial to upgrade my baseband and it worked just fine. Another person also had this issue as well. I told them that it could have something to do with the custom binary counter. Apparently, the phone prevents you from flashing unsigned items if the counter is high. You can reset it with an app called TriangleAway.

Hmm could be Because I never did reset the counter when i flashed the recovery but ill give it a try.Ill tell you how it goes Thanks man for all your Help
One more thing ..... Do i have to put the "SS_DL.dll" under the odin folder like it say ?

Last edited:

Skitts

Jul 29, 2013
Hmm could be Because I never did reset the counter when i flashed the recovery but ill give it a try.Ill tell you how it goes Thanks man for all your Help
One more thing ..... Do i have to put the "SS_DL.dll" under the odin folder like it say ?

IT WORK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.