Google Glass Hardware Update; 2GB RAM

Search This thread

TheManii

Wiki Admin / Inactive RC
Dec 8, 2010
If anyone gets a new 2gb unit, could you pull the build.prop for me?

I'd like to know if it's considered the same hardware model by the rom or a different one

IseeBrickedPhones

Apr 12, 2009
I have a 2gb version - I am wondering if there will be a different branch of firmware for these newer devices? I assume over time, new features will stop coming to the 1gb versions...?

Currently I am stuck on 18.1 waiting for the 18.3 update... Is there specific firmware for the 2gb versions?

Should I side load it or could this break my device?

jtxdriggers

Jul 7, 2010
I have a 2gb version - I am wondering if there will be a different branch of firmware for these newer devices? I assume over time, new features will stop coming to the 1gb versions...?

Currently I am stuck on 18.1 waiting for the 18.3 update... Is there specific firmware for the 2gb versions?

Should I side load it or could this break my device?

From the build.prop comparison, it looks like there is no fundamental difference between the two versions, at least not as far as Android is concerned. Both devices appear to use the same exact images. While the 18.3 image is on these forums, it is not yet posted at https://developers.google.com/glass/tools-downloads/system; there's really no rush to get the new version, but you are free to sideload it if you wish. Assuming everything goes smoothly, it shouldn't brick your device. Just understand that flashing images to your device without waiting for OTAs voids your warranty.

Top Liked Posts