[Q] Transfer/recover from HTC pc backup to Xperia Z2

Search This thread
Aug 16, 2014
My HTC one phone died. it is not turning on not even charging. now i have got the xperia z2. i ahve a month old backup on my pc/mac. all my contacts, text messages, pictures cant be recovered from a dead phone. was wondering if there is software to recover the files or anyway to transfer them to my new xperia z2 from the backup i have on the pc/mac.

i used to save my new contacts on phone not google.

please help!!!

GreatApo

Feb 15, 2011
Lenovo A850
Amazon Fire HD 8 and HD 10
My HTC one phone died. it is not turning on not even charging. now i have got the xperia z2. i ahve a month old backup on my pc/mac. all my contacts, text messages, pictures cant be recovered from a dead phone. was wondering if there is software to recover the files or anyway to transfer them to my new xperia z2 from the backup i have on the pc/mac.

i used to save my new contacts on phone not google.

please help!!!
Sorry for you phone... RIP

Actually it seems that you can do sth about this... I found this site where you can see that some people were able to recover some things from their backups using Titanium backup (Pro edition) or the Nandroid Manager (free and paid versions).

PS.: Before restoring anything, make a backup. If you are restoring contacts or other things from your old system apps better not restore the apps only the data...

Good luck! :fingers-crossed:

Aug 16, 2014
thanks for your reply. aren't those apps can only recover files that were backed up by those software? i used htc sync manager, which is the official software for htc phones. since my htc one phone is dead i cant install any software on that device. i need something for the pc. i only have that backup. sony's pc companion app can restore files from ios backup but not androids. i need a workable android phone or a htc device.

wish android had something like the icloud.

GreatApo

Feb 15, 2011
Lenovo A850
Amazon Fire HD 8 and HD 10
thanks for your reply. aren't those apps can only recover files that were backed up by those software? i used htc sync manager, which is the official software for htc phones. since my htc one phone is dead i cant install any software on that device. i need something for the pc. i only have that backup. sony's pc companion app can restore files from ios backup but not androids. i need a workable android phone or a htc device.

wish android had something like the icloud.
You didn't read the page i gave you... it seems these apps can also restore from recovery backups...