Netflix 1.3 working on Xoom

Search This thread

ryan562

Feb 28, 2010
Xoom HDMI out to TV Netflix Streaming works. Trying out the Starz series "Camelot" HDMI output to 55" Vizio LED. Quality isn't that great but streaming perfectly on WiFi FIOS connection.

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA Premium App

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1311215704289.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1311215704289.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 200
  • uploadfromtaptalk1311215720732.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1311215720732.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 202

stronggeek

Jun 26, 2006
Magic City
Thanks for the find ZanshinG1

This is working nice and smooth on my US unrooted 3g (but over wifi) xoom with 3.1.

I've seen posts in this thread stating results from slow & choppy to fast and smooth. I'm in the latter category. I've a great connection so assuming that must be it. My question would be that if the problem is indeed the connection speed, bandwidth or whatever then why wouldn't ones other apps or even one's browser suffer the same issues.

nanobot2k

Sep 8, 2009
downloaded the same apk on both my xoom and galaxy s here in Canada. Works fine on galxy but on the xoom I get a silly msg saying its not supported here yet. Wtf....

eliteone

Feb 23, 2009
i can't understand why Netflix would let me stream on my sensation from Canada but not my xoom...... wtf :-(

Lolento

Jul 31, 2007
is the Netflix icon kind of weird on the xoom?

The icon is huge and doesn't have rounded corners...how do I change this?

Eroc162

Jan 19, 2008
I don't know how you did it on the Xoom but it work on my stock g-slate.

Sent from my LG-V909 using XDA Premium App

lpasq

Feb 14, 2006
Now that I actually get into NetFlix I find it seems to have a very limited selection. Should I have selected the Starz package? Please explain what makes this so great for you all. Thank you in advance.

...zoom posted...

nbeebe24

Jun 16, 2009
I was impatiently waiting for this release, and now that its here I'm not satisfied. Its not the app Im dissatisfied with, its the horrible resolution the Xoom displays. I'm yet to find anything that looks stunning on this device

Sent from my Xoom using XDA Premium App

mpmorph

Jul 25, 2009
Yes finally netflix on my xoom. But i must say pictures looks better on my droid X.

But hey its finally here. Can't complain. Now my friend and his I-Sh!T has nothing on my xoom. Now i can really say mine better than yours!!! LOL.

(always did, but not having netflix was a big slap in my face, but not anymore!!! :cool:)

p-slim

May 25, 2008
San Jose
I was impatiently waiting for this release, and now that its here I'm not satisfied. Its not the app Im dissatisfied with, its the horrible resolution the Xoom displays. I'm yet to find anything that looks stunning on this device

Sent from my Xoom using XDA Premium App

I can't agree. HD quality apps look amazing. YouTube HD, vevo app for videos, IMDB trailers, the list goes on and on. Yeah Netflix isn't using HD quality but to say no app at all on the xoom looks good is just a blatant lie

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

mightydr

Jul 19, 2008
Working on a rooted Wifi Xoom running 3.1 and Tiamat 1.4.4

As others have said, the picture quality wasn't mind-blowing, but it was clear, standard definition. Great sound (synchronized perfectly) with headphones.

The app remembered my history as would the browser on a desktop computer. It even offered me the opportunity to resume an unfinished streamed show.

Grateful that this highly anticipated app is available and operational.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

wow this actually works and everything is in landscape. yessss. stock 3G xoom meaning 3.1. Just in case something happens to your dropbox i uploaded the apk. it should be fine since the app is free in the market and we didnt make any changes to it.
    Can I get a screen shot of of how it looks on the larger screen? I really need some screenshots to see how my edits have affected the layout on larger screens anyway. (Although, the majority is loading from the web and not contained in the app, as I just stated :D )

Technically, no... nothing is visually off centered, but the touch screen points are not aligned properly because it is not optimized for Honeycomb just yet. I have a very difficult time hitting the text box so that I may bring up the keyboard and type in the search bar. True, the app is pretty much a web browser pointed directly at the Netflix website, but the app itself could use some big screen optimizations for our Honeycomb tablets to scale properly and to have liquid smooth scrolling.

And for some reason we cannot use the new app zoom compatibility feature from 3.2 to make it fit properly. I thought Netflix was mostly a phone app at this time since it isn't optimized for Honeycomb?

Screenshot attached...
    yepper

Confirmed working on my 3.2 rooted xoom. Nice.
    After all that, I tried it again. I gave it some more time, and the signal actually clears up within two to the minutes. It's actually such good quality that I can plug my Xoom into my 36"LCD TV and the movie streams beautifully!

Apologies to all, especially slim.