Samsung Canada Announces ICS Upgrade 4 our Tab?

Search This thread

ayysir

Aug 30, 2011
Bronx, NY
http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/0...hing-standing-in-the-way-now-is-your-carrier/

Don't flame me but from what I'm reading from credible android police, the og tab is eligible for an ics upgrade meaning its possible OFFICIALLY but its up to carrier. Now thats what i deduce from what i read, i just know if they are referring to the Gtab 2.I could be reading it wrong though. Any one willing to weigh in?

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

cheatman

May 21, 2007
Migration Institute
Well ayysir, I read it the same way. Some notes, though:

The GTab 7 version 2 already comes with ICS. There is no reason to make a press release about that. Also, given that Samsung has provided ICS ROMs does not mean they will actually surface as well.

This does increase the chances of official ICS on our devices very much. Lol, I think no one was expecting them to actually deliver (in the end) on the promise they made at launch time (GB and HC/ICS support)...

Curious, funny and already useless due to CM9 already being better than whatever Samsung might have released. Sorry to say but I think this is too little too late. Good find though.

The puritans ( who never flash or root devices :-D ) will probably have a field day, for sure. We might end up ripping stuff from it like proprietary code (codecs anyone?) and bundled apps as well, since that would be legal after proper release, but that's just not really that interesting anymore...

This might also clear out Samsung's reputation on failing to provide proper device support. What do you think?

C.

Reactions: qm4n76

goughymachine

Aug 31, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e
I call a miss print. Samsung have said there will be no ics for our tab. Samsung Canada aren't gonna make one themselves. someone just didn't have their thinking cap on when they typed up the list.

Would be nice to be proven wrong, but I'm sure I won't be.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk 2

cja1972

Jun 14, 2010
I hope this happens.I have gone back to stock 2.3.6 as I couldn't get skygo to work and missed using my media sync to watch the videos I bought using the gift pack in 5.1 sound. Hopefully they will release a stock ics rom that will retain 5.1 music and video player.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium App

Reactions: j510

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/0...hing-standing-in-the-way-now-is-your-carrier/

Don't flame me but from what I'm reading from credible android police, the og tab is eligible for an ics upgrade meaning its possible OFFICIALLY but its up to carrier. Now thats what i deduce from what i read, i just know if they are referring to the Gtab 2.I could be reading it wrong though. Any one willing to weigh in?

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2
    Well ayysir, I read it the same way. Some notes, though:

The GTab 7 version 2 already comes with ICS. There is no reason to make a press release about that. Also, given that Samsung has provided ICS ROMs does not mean they will actually surface as well.

This does increase the chances of official ICS on our devices very much. Lol, I think no one was expecting them to actually deliver (in the end) on the promise they made at launch time (GB and HC/ICS support)...

Curious, funny and already useless due to CM9 already being better than whatever Samsung might have released. Sorry to say but I think this is too little too late. Good find though.

The puritans ( who never flash or root devices :-D ) will probably have a field day, for sure. We might end up ripping stuff from it like proprietary code (codecs anyone?) and bundled apps as well, since that would be legal after proper release, but that's just not really that interesting anymore...

This might also clear out Samsung's reputation on failing to provide proper device support. What do you think?

C.
    I hope this happens.I have gone back to stock 2.3.6 as I couldn't get skygo to work and missed using my media sync to watch the videos I bought using the gift pack in 5.1 sound. Hopefully they will release a stock ics rom that will retain 5.1 music and video player.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium App