DROID RAZR HD Utility 1.10 [Windows]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

kkeller87

Feb 20, 2009
Rochester, MN
Im about to trade my DNA for a XT926. Im pretty sure the friend I'm getting it from is on the latest update. Looks like I should not use this Utility. Is there other options? Or are you guys waiting on an unlock/root like the DNA folks are?

Sorry to ask, but Im getting lost in all the links. Not sure whats the newest and what not.

wooddale

Nov 5, 2010
New Lisbon
Im about to trade my DNA for a XT926. Im pretty sure the friend I'm getting it from is on the latest update. Looks like I should not use this Utility. Is there other options? Or are you guys waiting on an unlock/root like the DNA folks are?

Sorry to ask, but Im getting lost in all the links. Not sure whats the newest and what not.
If he is on the very latest update 4.1.2 and not rooted you will not be able to root until someone figures a way out. If he is still on 4.1.1 you can still go back and root.

Reactions: kkeller87

sheep348

Sep 9, 2012
Half root.

I took the OTA and I am on 9.16.6. I found out I only had half root. So the root apps I had before the update still worked but new ones wouldn't work. Then in all my n00b wisdom I cleared my super user data (bad idea). So now I dont have any root at all. I have a Titanium backup of all my apps including my super user but obviously I cant restore it with titanum back up because I no longer have root access.

Is there a way to restore my super user back up some how? Or am I stuck waiting for a new utility (newer than 1.10) that can take 9.16.6 back to ICS and root from there?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    EDIT: Closed and archived for future reference. 1.20 onward is multi-Operating System.

IF YOU ARE ON 9.16.6, THE LATEST OTA, DO NOT USE THE DROID RAZR HD UTILITY 1.10 OR BELOW

For the Linux/Mac version of this utility by johnthehillbilly visit him @ DroidRzr.com
    If you have any kind of troubleshooting you can also find me there usually in the Chatroom.

Header.png
    DROID IS ONLY USED BY VERIZON WIRELESS IN THE UNITED STATES. XT925 IS NOT SUPPORTED AND IS NOT A DROID!
    DROID RAZR HD Utility 1.10
    Menu1.png

WARNING: Wiping data may lead to wiped internal SD card.

Functions of 1.10:
    1. Fastboot Restore 0.6.25 (ICS 4.0.4 Official Software)
    2. Root for ICS 4.0.4 by djrbliss (motofail2go method)
    3. Install Voodoo's OTA Rootkeeper App by supercurio
    4. Install Safestrap 3.05.17 App by Hashcode
    Menu2.png

Download (md5: E26AFCE1CAFC6DA9AC1D16D7432393C8):
    Supporting Links ---
    Utility Home Page

Non-Supporting Links---
    Note: Downloads go MUCH faster if you use a download Manager like Orbit Download Manager. (Thanks xlightwaverx for the tip!)

Credits:
    The Firmware Team for providing the 0.6.25 fxz.
    Dan Rosenberg (djrbliss) for his amazing job on the motofail2go exploit.
    Project Voodoo for their OTA Rootkeeper.
    Hashcode for Safestrap 3.05.17.

Changelog:
    1.10-Added Safestrap by Hashcode
    1.10-Updated su-binary, so you shouldn't have to.

~Enjoy! If you liked it hit the thanks button!
    Link died !
    Please support to upload new one.

Thanks.

Link is working fine?
    Stop spamming the forum and read the information available.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    can you expleind wath doing all that?? the option 1 and 3 I don`t now that.

1. Fastboot Restore 0.6.25 (ICS 4.0.4 Official Software) ---

This brings the phone back to the original factory software. Version 0.6.25 running Ice Cream Sandwich.

3. Install Voodoo's OTA Rootkeeper App ---

This installs an app which lets you bring root over through OTA updates. Keeps it safe.

I cannot expleind them any simpler than this ;)