Internet unresponsive

Search This thread

jc0187

Feb 23, 2013
Hello all. So I use my Nexus 4 as an internet device. I've been doing this for about a month, but today, my N4 is unresponsive on the internet. My WiFi is working, I can connect with my N5, N7 and my PC. Certain websites will eventually load, but not all. And some that load will display a blank screen with the website address in the address bar. I have rebooted several times. I toggled WiFi on/off. But it still will not load. Will this require a manufacturer reset? Thanks for any advice.

CCody

Apr 29, 2013
First try another browser. How about dolphin or chrome browser?

CCody

Apr 29, 2013
What about google play store? Can you downlaod an app or anything?

CCody

Apr 29, 2013
I want to confirm if there is something wrong with your radio signal. Maybe it isnt just your wifi.

jc0187

Feb 23, 2013
I bet its not the phone but the router. have you tried turning off the router for 3 minutes, then turning it back on?

I believe you were spot on about that. I tried calling and SMS, all worked but still no WiFi activity. I did as you suggested and so far it worked. Thank you. Its just odd how all of my devices worked on my WiFi, but not my N4. Odd.

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
I believe you were spot on about that. I tried calling and SMS, all worked but still no WiFi activity. I did as you suggested and so far it worked. Thank you. Its just odd how all of my devices worked on my WiFi, but not my N4. Odd.

this thread, well almost identical to it, i must have read 50+ times over the last 6 years, lol. and the answer is almost always the router itself, where a simple reboot of the router fixes the problem :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I bet its not the phone but the router. have you tried turning off the router for 3 minutes, then turning it back on?