[ROM][07/18/11] Virtuous Sense v2.0.0 :: Enhanced & Optimized Stock ROM (2.42.405.2)

Search This thread

GuiPoM

Mar 10, 2009
Ouistreham
I just lost this morning all my messages. Hopefully SMS backup+ works well and I recovered all of them. I still don't know why this occurred. I only choosed to shutdown my phone yesterday evening ... on virtuous 0.9.0 ...

conizius

Oct 27, 2010
I just lost this morning all my messages. Hopefully SMS backup+ works well and I recovered all of them. I still don't know why this occurred. I only choosed to shutdown my phone yesterday evening ... on virtuous 0.9.0 ...

Well my messages also dissapeared a few days ago. I read somewhere that it would be an issue with the sense based roms in general (well the fault is at htc). But maybe the devs could have a look at it? I know its kind of hard because it occures randomly...

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App

GuiPoM

Mar 10, 2009
Ouistreham
I tried to remember what I could have done the days before that could explain all my messages went away, but I can't figure out what special I did :confused: except that I never set to phone off (tonight appart :p)

PatrickHuey

May 27, 2010
Denton, Tx.
I have wake issues. Can anyone tell me how to fix this. I am on 0.9.5 and newest advanced kernal i tried to flash older version of advanced kernal and now it has problems sleeping. Plz help.

What are your setcpu settings and your govenor? That's most likely the issue. Use the standard kernel that is automatically set ay 1ghz. You'll be fine. Don't set you're settings so low if you have a screen off profile.

champgetem

Jan 6, 2011
homewood
I jus flashed this and i would like to know what is the best way to save battery and if used, wat app is best and wat profiles and settings without the unlock flicker that was in 9.0...thank u forwhoever answers

Ramsfan_Jim

May 7, 2008
Leicestershire
I have been a very happy Virtuous user for a couple of months now, and apart from the odd minor quirk have had no issues. However 4 days ago I updated to v0.9.5.
The first thing I noticed (after the battery figure within the symbol - VERY nice!), was the signal strength seemed to be poorer than previously, generally 1 or 2 bars less. As a result (I suspect) my battery life seemed a bit worse - but I know to a give it a few days to make a proper judgement.
Other than this, everything seemed fine. Then, a couple of days later I noticed that after I'd updated a playlist in the music tab, it had gone back to before the edit which seemed strange. I made the edits again and then did a Titanium backup, but sure enough every time I make an edit or restore, they revert a few hours later.

Finally today HTC Sense would not load at all - no changes whatsoever (always difficult to tell if another app had interfered with playlists etc.), just stopped and would not load. I rebooted, restored all from Titanium, eventually HAD to nandroid restore v0.9.0. I just hope everything works now...

My question is I have seen mention of v0.9.6 - where can I get this? I like most of v0.9.5 except the bugs, so I'd like to try v0.9.6 if it fixes them!

Phawkes

Mar 29, 2008
Has anyone noticied the number notification on the messages app icon no longer shows the number of unread messages you have unless you have a text still in your notification bar? If there is a work around for this id be glad if someone lets me know. Thanks

conizius

Oct 27, 2010
My question is I have seen mention of v0.9.6 - where can I get this? I like most of v0.9.5 except the bugs, so I'd like to try v0.9.6 if it fixes them!

Well I think it was distributed through irc for testing purposes. Just be patient for a few days, Im sure it will be released soon, because a lot of people had problems with 0.9.5

rmk40

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 13, 2010
I'm telling this to anyone who will listen. I'm confident the battery drain issues plaguing these ROMs is "Facebook for HTC Sense". Remove the account from your phone via Settings -> Accounts & sync. Use the "Facebook" proper version instead.

Try it for at least a day and you'll see what I'm talking about.

mreeekay

Oct 21, 2009
Would turning off the accounts sync in the power manager widget work the same? I like the facebook sense sync for my contacts. I turn it off when I go to work to save battery life. I know that it is syncing about every hour (the way I have it set up).

Thanks for the hard work! I went back to 9.0 because I couldn't handle the homescreen lag. But I did enjoy all the minor enhancements. I'll wait for a fix.

bongd

Jun 20, 2010
I'm telling this to anyone who will listen. I'm confident the battery drain issues plaguing these ROMs is "Facebook for HTC Sense". Remove the account from your phone via Settings -> Accounts & sync. Use the "Facebook" proper version instead.

Try it for at least a day and you'll see what I'm talking about.

I haven't noticed poor battery life but for the sake of giving this a shot, I will. That way I can provide some contrast and comparison between my experiences with and without it. As long as my contact pics are synced I could just re-enable Facebook for HTC Sense in longer intervals manually.

On that note, do you think you may be able to hack it so that it updates infrequently? Mine hasn't been a bother in the past but if I can keep it enabled it'd help. I like the annotations it adds to Google Contacts - I can just pop my SIM into another device and everything is linked to my Google account. Kind of like cloud storage for my settings. I like it.

***EDIT/ADDENDUM***

I acknowledge the fact that the app can be set to sync only on daily intervals anyway. But I meant to inquire as to whether it's suspected that it's acting loopy and updating more, or just doing something in the background to cause excessive battery drain. No system apps have every reported mine to run funky but I already have it set for only daily intervals. I check FB enough manually that I don't need anything pushed other than contact pics and statuses.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][07/18/11] Virtuous Sense v2.0.0 :: Enhanced & Optimized Stock ROM (2.42.405.2)

Virtuous Sense is a custom ROM for the HTC Vision series of phones (G2, DesireZ, etc). The goal is to provide a simple, Sense-based, mostly-stock ROM based on the official Desire-Z Sense ROM with essential bug fixes and only subtle enhancements. Virtuous started on the HTC Droid Incredible and is currently one of the most popular ROMs for that device. Virtuous for the Incredible has over 6000 users with an established reputation for stability; which we intend to continue for Vision users.

Features
    • Based off the official DesireZ Sense ROM (WWE 2.42.405.2), deodexed and zipaligned.

• Pre-rooted with the latest version of Superuser and modified ramdisk to allow adb remount, mock locations, etc.

• Wifi calling included and fully functional, conditionally installed for T-Mobile USA users only.
    • Optical trackpad unlock/wake.

• Enhanced reboot options built-in, allowing for booting into recovery, bootloader, hot boot, etc.

• Virtuous Sense custom kernel with overclocking daemon (no need for SetCPU/Tuner). Screen Off: 245760 / 599040 (conservative). Screen On: 245760 / 998400 (ondemand).

• IO optimizations such as use of ext4 for all mounts and larger read-ahead buffer for improved sdcard performance.

• Updated versions of all Market-available apps.

• All Market-installable apps installed in /data/app. These apps are automatically installed for you both on initial install and after a factory reset/wipe. There are custom scripts to use Android's package manager (pm) to manage these apps, which ensures they are installed properly.

• Added applications: ChromeToPhone, Google Voice and Titanium Backup. Since these are Market apps, they are automatically installed in /data/app for easy removal if desired.

• Bloatware, defined as anything you could easily choose to download from the Market yourself, has been removed.

• Disabled boot animation audio.

• Automatic Virtuous OTA upgrade notification and installation via ROM Manager.

Official Support Disclaimer

Users of this ROM are welcome and encouraged to assist one another in this thread. However, support from the development team will not be offered here. For that, please visit our official forums.
    Reserved for future use.
    I made a flashable version of the newest OTA (2.42.405.4). We have no idea what the changelog looks like, so don't expect anything too different. What this is:

- the 2.42.405.4 OTA patches merged into the 2.42.405.2 RUU.
    - rooted
    - deodexed
    - zipaligned
    - busybox added
    - init.d support added

Nothing else. No bloat removed, no custom kernel, no OC daemon, etc. Flash it via recovery (CWM/4EXT). It won't modify your radio or anything like that.

http://minus.com/lIsMOuefCcPeC

md5: A1DE1D5F6D549068CA47BE6EA0E0CE58

Please don't contact me for support. Feel free to base whatever you want on this.
    Version 0.8.0 is now available! Please note that a full wipe is required prior to installation, as the this is a completely new version of Sense.

This release represents a huge amount of work. We had to redo the entire ROM and ran into several complicated bugs. Quite honestly, the last bug was so frustrating we were about to give up. Fortunately we did not and are able to bring you the absolute latest version of Sense based on Android 2.2.1.

Enjoy!