[Q] Buying the glide from AT&T store without contract

Search This thread

taiber2000

Is it possible? i have a friend that should be int the sates on October and i want him to buy it from the AT&T store, but can he buy it without any contract or a sim card?
if not is there any other way? i don't want to buy it directly and ship it to my country cos the taxes here will make the purchase unjustified (will add more the 125$ not including the shipment).

Reactions: sbiricuda

ronj1986

Dec 31, 2008
Queens, NY
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Yes, you can buy any phone that AT&T sales in stores without a contact.....except the iPhone. Currently the off contract of the Captivate Glide is $500 though from AT&T

If I helped you, please press the Thanks button

Reactions: taiber2000

sbiricuda

Feb 11, 2012
Rome
Is it possible? i have a friend that should be int the sates on October and i want him to buy it from the AT&T store, but can he buy it without any contract or a sim card?
if not is there any other way? i don't want to buy it directly and ship it to my country cos the taxes here will make the purchase unjustified (will add more the 125$ not including the shipment).

Or via amazonwireless.com :)

(ps. I hit thanks by accident on your message and i don't know how to remove it!)

Reactions: taiber2000

gkri

Feb 8, 2008
I bought mine from Amazon Wireless, as phone only (phone upgrade), $ 399, and then unlock with an on-line service ($ 25).

taiber2000

the problem wit amazonwireless for me is that i need to have a US adress, there is a service for that but the charge an arm and a leg.
plus the taxes to import the phone makes it unwise to buy it online. i need to cheack with the customs again, maybe (if buddha will premit) there wont be import taxes on this phone (VAT will probley will be but its low amount).

SoulSooth

Apr 18, 2012
I live in Europe and went to US in March and a tried to buy this phone in a AT&T Store and it was not possible. Even to buy the phone without contract they require a contract plan. I did buy the phone thru ebay later. I would suggest you the same if you have access to US address.

dudejb

Feb 16, 2007
Montreal
I live in Europe and went to US in March and a tried to buy this phone in a AT&T Store and it was not possible. Even to buy the phone without contract they require a contract plan. I did buy the phone thru ebay later. I would suggest you the same if you have access to US address.

That makes no sense why does a no contract purchase require a contract??

Alex2221

May 24, 2010
I bought mine on ebay (is quite cheaper than amazonwireless), altough shipping to Germany took a while the purchase was flawless.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927 using XDA

dudejb

Feb 16, 2007
Montreal
I bought mine on ebay (is quite cheaper than amazonwireless), altough shipping to Germany took a while the purchase was flawless.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927 using XDA

Do you mind telling us how much you paid without shipping then how much was shipping. Just to give others an idea on what they can get via eBay?

Alex2221

May 24, 2010
Do you mind telling us how much you paid without shipping then how much was shipping. Just to give others an idea on what they can get via eBay?

The phone itself has cost $389,99 and international USPS Express shipping was $44,99. This was quite cheap compared to the $600 (+ shipping) on Amazonwireless back then.

Btw. If any German is interested in the taxes I had to pay: It was about 63€ (~19%)

taiber2000

now days the glide cost 400 dollors via amazonwireless and the shiping in the staes is free.
i think i got lucky cos i have a friend that is gona visit is family in the states sooner then expected and he agreed that i will ship this to his family house, and he will bring it to me when he come back. so i can get away from shiping and taxes via customes.

helpslip

Mar 25, 2011
Great Lakes
yeah ebay its the only place to buy a phone anymore, altho some pawnshops will cut good deals. seems 300 for a new or refurbished phone on ebay is the going rate & most folks dont mind shipping outa country.

helpslip

Mar 25, 2011
Great Lakes
i wouldnt think so altho i have zero 1st hand experience w/ amazonwireless, if its ran the same way as amazon your purchasing from an independent seller sometimes just a dood w/ a garage no different than ebay & ebay now has 30 day buyer protection so they refund price & shipping (& return shipping if needed) if something doesnt arrive or doesnt work etc... ive even been refunded after more than a year for an item that didnt arrive from australia (to usa) altho i keep in contact w/ seller through ebay so they could verify a problem.
damn i sound like a shill for ebay sorry.

taiber2000

now i got confused. i saw that i can buy from amazon wireless an locked phonw with or without a contract and also from amazon.com itself that its seems sells from independet seller (like the market). whoshould i choose? at least i have some time to think about it cos my firned will be in the states in a month from now.

incidentflux

Dec 10, 2011
Ajman
incidentflux.blogspot.com
I bought from Amazon Wireless, which is Amazon direct. They will sell you a locked phone without contract.

When I bought it, it used to be wrongly labled as "unlocked" I contacted them and they offered a full refund. Since I'm in the UAE I didn't want that, just an unlock code, to which they said they can't help me with that. So I ended up unlocking from AmericanUnlocker.

I prefer to buy direct, in this case it would be Amazon Wireless, that'll help with returns.

taiber2000

thank incidentflux you made my choice clearer. i will buy it from amazon wireless direct. also the delivery is free and will take 2-3 days to my friend's door.

unfourtuntly it will take a while until i will get it, hope ics will be out by then and if not the inc3ption rom will be a great choise :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes, you can buy any phone that AT&T sales in stores without a contact.....except the iPhone. Currently the off contract of the Captivate Glide is $500 though from AT&T

If I helped you, please press the Thanks button

Or via amazonwireless.com :)

(ps. I hit thanks by accident on your message and i don't know how to remove it!)