Pistons- Rate, Review, Buy & Sell

Search This thread

bilalvoh

Mar 4, 2013
This most talked about headphones that are available for dirt cheap over a number of websites which comes in a few variants as listed below-

Version 2- http://http://www.xiaomiworld.com/original-xiaomi-piston-earphone-updated-version-brown.html

The latest model of them all comes with Beryllium diaphragm which is the only marked difference except for rose gold colour and bigger output valve .

Version 1- http://http://i01.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v3/1356529823_1/A-quality-gold-Xiaomi-piston-earpods-bests-studio-pro-headphones-noise-cancelling-earphones-earbuds-with-Remote.jpg

The difference in 1 and 2 is of the diaphragm and smaller in ear valve but the specifications of both stand at par.(This is the one expected to be supplied in India a few days time span)

Paperback Edition- http://http://www.xiaomiworld.com/original-xiaomi-piston-headphone-paperback-edition-white-black.html

The easy going cheapest available drums from China's leading smartphone maker comes in a lot of variants but are of slightly lower quality .

Now make you pick review and rate them here and let us know if you managed to get the real ones or fake and lets single out the fake suppliers too ;);):D:D:D

Last edited by a moderator:

bilalvoh

Mar 4, 2013
So has no one got them till now or no one willing to write here :rolleyes:

Sent from my MI 3W

linr76

Feb 28, 2014
Zürich
So has no one got them till now or no one willing to write here :rolleyes:

Sent from my MI 3W

i have both V1 and V2 and especially the V2 are amazing for the price (20USD i paid for them)
they easily beat much more expensive headphones.

the V1 are really ok also (bought for about 9 USD) but don't compare to the V2

the IF version you missed, but those are just "pimped" V2 which only differ in apperance and packaging.

i really like the smell of chocolate when you open the box. yummy :D

A definitive buy, but beware of fakes. they usually (V2 version) will cost between 20-30 USD

bilalvoh

Mar 4, 2013
i have both V1 and V2 and especially the V2 are amazing for the price (20USD i paid for them)
they easily beat much more expensive headphones.

the V1 are really ok also (bought for about 9 USD) but don't compare to the V2

the IF version you missed, but those are just "pimped" V2 which only differ in apperance and packaging.

i really like the smell of chocolate when you open the box. yummy :D

A definitive buy, but beware of fakes. they usually (V2 version) will cost between 20-30 USD

What's special with the IF version, I've ordered version 2 from merimobile thru free shipping expecting it by Oct first week hopefully :rolleyes:

Wish I could get then faster with no extra charges.... Wish

If I helped you or even tried to help don't refrain yourself from hitting the thanks button :)

linr76

Feb 28, 2014
Zürich
What's special with the IF version, I've ordered version 2 from merimobile thru free shipping expecting it by Oct first week hopefully :rolleyes:

Wish I could get then faster with no extra charges.... Wish

If I helped you or even tried to help don't refrain yourself from hitting the thanks button :)

you get a bag to store them in and they have the IF branding, nothing else. same as V2 performance wise.

my V1 i got from DX, but would not recommend, they were of B quality (machine markings and stuff)
my V2 from merimobiles, which i recommend highly, until now only original stuff (also have a Redmi 1s from them and a MiWifi router)

bilalvoh

Mar 4, 2013
you get a bag to store them in and they have the IF branding, nothing else. same as V2 performance wise.

my V1 i got from DX, but would not recommend, they were of B quality (machine markings and stuff)
my V2 from merimobiles, which i recommend highly, until now only original stuff (also have a Redmi 1s from them and a MiWifi router)

Hmm bag is not really the deal breaker for me, but there's a version 2.1 too I guess ...
What I would wanna take is the commrd version but that's damn expensive :(... I ordered mine from meri mobile too although they are launching the same in India for 16 odd .

***If I helped you or even tried to help don't refrain yourself from hitting the thanks button :)***

shhbz

Jul 19, 2010
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ Searching...
Hmm bag is not really the deal breaker for me, but there's a version 2.1 too I guess ...
What I would wanna take is the commrd version but that's damn expensive :(... I ordered mine from meri mobile too although they are launching the same in India for 16 odd .

***If I helped you or even tried to help don't refrain yourself from hitting the thanks button :)***
well you were lucky enough not to buy from flipkart as those are not the ones as v2.1 the imported version so better you paid 20 instead 16$

Reactions: bilalvoh

visualfighter

Dec 17, 2013
I have Paperback Edition, v2, and iF commemorative edition. I plan to buy the white/silver v2, because it looks visually nice . The paperback is poor, not recommended to buy for music lover. But the V2, I have to say, it's very impressive. I love this IEM.
My only problem is, the audio is worse when I use it with mi3---than with my other devices. I tried many combinations of setting, music player application, audio mod like viper4android, set up dirac, use OMTP-CTIA adapter ( in case it 'maybe' has different port with the device) etc. With, for example, xperia z, xiaomi piston can produce amazing audio. But with mi3, don't know why, it sounds muddy. Not too muddy, but less clean than xperia z , or even with my old dell streak and optimus 2x. And it getting even worse when I turn on Dirac mode that is provided in miui.
Maybe it because driver, codec or something? I think miui team have to give more concern about audio quality too

bilalvoh

Mar 4, 2013
I have Paperback Edition, v2, and iF commemorative edition. I plan to buy the white/silver v2, because it looks visually nice . The paperback is poor, not recommended to buy for music lover. But the V2, I have to say, it's very impressive. I love this IEM.
My only problem is, the audio is worse when I use it with mi3---than with my other devices. I tried many combinations of setting, music player application, audio mod like viper4android, set up dirac, use OMTP-CTIA adapter ( in case it 'maybe' has different port with the device) etc. With, for example, xperia z, xiaomi piston can produce amazing audio. But with mi3, don't know why, it sounds muddy. Not too muddy, but less clean than xperia z , or even with my old dell streak and optimus 2x. And it getting even worse when I turn on Dirac mode that is provided in miui.
Maybe it because driver, codec or something? I think miui team have to give more concern about audio quality too

Fingers crossed got mi3 and expecting my version 2.1 soon

Sent from my MI 3W

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

well you were lucky enough not to buy from flipkart as those are not the ones as v2.1 the imported version so better you paid 20 instead 16$