[Q] Can't boot cm9 after clean install

Search This thread

yairku

Jun 4, 2011
Hi everyone!
I am trying to flash cm9 with CWM v5.0.2.8, but the phone gets stuck while booting. Before flashing I wipe everything (dalvik cache, cache, data, battery stats), and format the system, and still I am getting stuck while booting again and again. I see a screen with a red circle with M inside it, the text under it is "dual core technology", and the text in the top - "unlocked". I can wait and wait but nothing happens. the only choice is to restore to the stock rom. My device is rooted and unlocked.
I Tried to use the previous version of CWM, but after I flash it with rom manager the recovery gets unreadable. I go into the recovery mode and see unreadable lines of text.
Please help me! I'm tired of unplugging and plugging the battery again and again..
Thank you!

yairku

Jun 4, 2011
Forgot to say:
I tried to flash the file "beta-0.2.0-cm-9.0.0-RC0-Sunfire-KANG-signed.zip".
Should I have flashed any special kernel?

yairku

Jun 4, 2011
Thanks. How do I flash a recovery? RSD lite is good?
Edit: I tried to use bootstrap, but it doesn't boot into recovery but into android. So how do I flash the "old" version of CWM?

Last edited:

yairku

Jun 4, 2011
Thanks for the help! I managed to flash the recovery, and then I successfully flashed the cm9! Thank you!

Cubanluke88

Nov 18, 2011
Connecticut
Thanks. How do I flash a recovery? RSD lite is good?
Edit: I tried to use bootstrap, but it doesn't boot into recovery but into android. So how do I flash the "old" version of CWM?

I'll be honest this is why I don't like rom manager :p

Good practice should be to do everything as "manually" as possible first, then consider using apps like rom manager to speed up these tasks.

Top Liked Posts