◄ ▌[19.05.2012][Tweaks][CM9] Brainmaster's CM9 ▌►

Search This thread

sm1ke

Apr 19, 2011
Winnipeg
Please do not stop developement of this ROM. This is hands down my ALL TIME favourite! I would honestly pay for this in a heart beat!

Is there any way to signup to know when you update this rom?

You can donate like I did =)

Since you posted in this thread, you're likely going to receive email notifications of new posts to the thread. Just check back every once in a while to see if there are new developments.

khtaam

Jul 11, 2011
alarm

Nice rom so far, just been running rooted stock before.

Only bug I noticed is that the alarm ignores some settings. I can not change the snooze time or the shake to dismiss. I guess it is a CM9 bug, but I have not tried it.

stumpy352

Sep 20, 2011
This ROM is SLLLIICKKKK!!!! Smoothest, fastest, most stable ROM I've ever used. & having 400mb of available ram is very nice. First 4.0.4 ROM to go a full day without having to reboot because of system fc's. Love the inverted apps too. Awesome work BM. All that's missing now is on-screen buttons mod. Guess i'll have to work out how to compile that myself though huh. :)

Sent from my Nexus S using xda premium

Reactions: brainmaster

Icecoldmeat

Oct 24, 2011
Almelo
BM the music app is still buggy, when I open it it starts playing random tracks.. any solutions?

Sent from my Skankwich Nexus using XDA app

theadb

Apr 7, 2011
@bm - you should include that awesome boot animation from your gb miui rom :)

this is now my daily driver...glad i found it...looking forward to further tweaks!

sm1ke

Apr 19, 2011
Winnipeg
Minor thing I noticed today. I use PowerAmp for my music, and when I unplug the 3.5mm jack from my phone, the Ringer mode switches to vibrate. No idea what could cause this, but its a minor issue.

psikolaz

Dec 26, 2011
Bursa
Hello BM i really loved this rom and want to continiue using it. But i have problems with battery drain. Which kernel and govrn. Should i use please let me know your own combo. Regards

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

brainmaster

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2006
Huawei Watch
OnePlus 7T Pro
Minor thing I noticed today. I use PowerAmp for my music, and when I unplug the 3.5mm jack from my phone, the Ringer mode switches to vibrate. No idea what could cause this, but its a minor issue.

Its CM bug.

Hello BM i really loved this rom and want to continiue using it. But i have problems with battery drain. Which kernel and govrn. Should i use please let me know your own combo. Regards

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

I'm on T12 Trinity kernel - 200 / 1200, OnDemand / Deadline.

But you should check your background apps.

idelgado782

Jul 29, 2008
Union, NJ
Yes, this mod here. But you might loose the themed System Notification area, or use the themes from that Mod.

The mod works and it is compatible.

Make a nand backup to come back if you don't like it.

It worked fine but I didn't really like it. It changed the theme to ics blue like you said it would.
I went back to how everything was set up originally. Although I did flash the white circle battery mod and I love that!! Thanks bm.
Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

JordanC

Mar 12, 2012
Hey BM. I'm a massive fan of your GB MIUI ROM and I've been flashing a lot lately trying to find a good daily driver with excellent battery life. Of all the ROM's ive used this is by far the best. I'll post my setup and my battery life for my daily usage.

Things to consider;
-My screen is on auto brightness
-I commute to and from work, so i listen to music two hours a day.
-Whilst I'm commuting, I'm using the browser or the XDA app.
-I left 3g on all day.
-WiFi was on all day too.

So i wasn't trying to preserve battery, my main aim is to find a ROM that i can use all day without worrying about battery life. I think I've found it.

screenshot2012041223404.png

battery life

screenshot2012041300013.png

my setup

Thank you very much for such a brilliant ROM.
Ich bin Ihnen sehr dankbar

y3mita

Dec 5, 2010
Hey BM. I'm a massive fan of your GB MIUI ROM and I've been flashing a lot lately trying to find a good daily driver with excellent battery life. Of all the ROM's ive used this is by far the best. I'll post my setup and my battery life for my daily usage.

Things to consider;
-My screen is on auto brightness
-I commute to and from work, so i listen to music two hours a day.
-Whilst I'm commuting, I'm using the browser or the XDA app.
-I left 3g on all day.
-WiFi was on all day too.

So i wasn't trying to preserve battery, my main aim is to find a ROM that i can use all day without worrying about battery life. I think I've found it.

screenshot2012041223404.png

battery life

screenshot2012041300013.png

my setup

Thank you very much for such a brilliant ROM.
Ich bin Ihnen sehr dankbar

If you flash Trinity kernel you will get 384MB memory and if you keep default kernel I believe you get more.

stumpy352

Sep 20, 2011
Has anyone compiled a framework_res.apk for the black version with an on-screen buttons mod. This would make this rom complete. I would try to do it myself but my laptop has died.

Sent from my Nexus S using xda premium

xmatrix13

Apr 20, 2011
Mississauga
What does the minimal launcher theme add on do? I installed it but I don't notice a difference. Ps. Loving the rom thus far!

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA Premium App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    READ THE LATEST POST!​

Brainmaster's CM9 & Black CM9​

Unbenannt-1.png

This ROM is based on Kalim's CM9 ROM (Thanks Kalim for letting me use it as a base for this MOD) and since I'm on it, I'll try to update it when the Kalim updates his ROM.

The ROM is themed with the Black Infinitum theme (thanks Razer) and contains my tweaks specially customized for the CM9 - can't be found anywhere else.

Inverted ICS Gapps are included.​

Installation:

Full Wipe needed:

- Go to Recovery: mounts and storage, and format /system, /data, /boot, /cache partitions (DON'T use my ROM Wiper tool, it doesn't work on CM9).
    - Install the ROM.

Changelog:

Build v1.3:
    - Initial Release
    - Based on Kalim's CM9 v5
    - Black Infinitum theme with Inverted 17.03.2012 Gapps
    - Apex Launcher, Nova Launcher included
    - Supercharged
    - Brainmaster's Tweaks Special CM9 Edition

Build v2.0:
    - Based on Kalim's CM9 v6.0
    - Optimized Tweaks
    - Added FaceUnlock and few Live Wallpapers
    - Battery MOD included
    - Black CM9 few more changes

Build v3.0:
    - Based on Kalim's CM9 v7.0
    - Few more Optimizations

Download:
    Brainmasters CM9 v3.0
    MD5: 8938084187deea571051093e080a4a55
    If updating from v2.0 - Just flash, no need to wipe!

Brainmasters Black CM9 v3.0
    MD5: e9c2ac009ecd317efe1375134c0e3364
    If updating from v2.0 - Just flash, no need to wipe!

OTA Updates:

If you want to get the notification for the new ROMs, updates over the Internet or Addons, Themes, Patches and Apps, you need to install this app. I also refer to this app as ROM Utility in my posts.
    Addons:

- Stock CM9 Kernel for returning when flashing another kernel.

- Trinity Kernels - set of the Trinity Kernels booting @ 1 Ghz can be found on my ROM Utility .

- Stock ICS Gapps - 17.03.2012. Already included in Normal ROM.

- Inverted ICS Gapps - 17.03.2012. Already included in Black ROM. Includes inverted Calendar, Email, Gallery, Genie Widget, Gmail, Keyboard, MMS, GTalk, Market, Voice Search, Play Store and YouTube.

- Google Play Music - 4.1.513. It removes CM9 Music and installs Google Play Music.

- Minimal Icons Theme - install these to get the look like on the Screenshot.

- Metro Icons Theme - great set of icons that can be seen here.

- Minimal Launchers Theme - install these when updating the launchers. Launchers need to be installed as system apps.
    Hi guys, since we now have a working CM9 Theme Chooser and the theme that I was integrating is now available as a Theme Chooser apk here, I don't think that updating this ROM makes sense.

What I'm gonna do is update my Tweaks package for the CM9 and release it in my Tweaks thread.

This will probably happen in the next few days, maybe this evening if I find some time.

So, all you need to do is install the latest Nightly or wait for the Kalim to release a CM9 ROM with the Theme Chooser integrated, download and install the Theme apk and if you want, install my Tweaks.

Even the inverted Apps package is available in the Black Infinitum Theme thread.

I want to say thanks to all the users of my Black CM9 ROM.
    Default wallpaper:

image.jpg

Clock / Weather Widget:

Download the Beautiful Widgets from the GetJar Market (its free over there). and set the following skins for the Weather / Clock in the Home Weather widget:

Vos-Flat White (Weather) + LTTRSclock (Clock).
    Benchmark - v1 with the stock kernel and stock speeds.

v1Benchmark.jpg