[Q] Root for VZW LG G2 Version: VS98012B?

Search This thread

mcdonsco

Nov 11, 2008
Please forgive me, I have searched through this forum for quite a while looking for a root method for this, I find stuff on ROM's, recovery etc, relating to this build, but nothing on just plain straight root (or at least not that I have interpreted as that?).

I just picked up the LG G2, and it did an OTA out of the box, unfortunately it only occurred to me during it's install that I should have waited to allow it to install.

Hoping someone here can point me to a method for just root on this VS98012B build?

Thanks!

Camoxjeep

Jul 20, 2012
Please forgive me, I have searched through this forum for quite a while looking for a root method for this, I find stuff on ROM's, recovery etc, relating to this build, but nothing on just plain straight root (or at least not that I have interpreted as that?).

I just picked up the LG G2, and it did an OTA out of the box, unfortunately it only occurred to me during it's install that I should have waited to allow it to install.

Hoping someone here can point me to a method for just root on this VS98012B build?

Thanks!
You can still install the ota, about phone and check for new updates. Then root it withhttp://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2448887

mcdonsco

Nov 11, 2008
You can still install the ota, about phone and check for new updates. Then root it withhttp://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2448887

That root says it's for the older build; last thing I need is to brick this phone, it's build VS98012B (newest OTA from I think only a week or so ago)...

That root method from thecubed in post #1 will work on this newer build?

grimes2424

Feb 27, 2014
I found that finally late last night, but strangely not via the search here, I found it by google searching for verizon lg g2 root posted within the last week from google; took me to another site that linked to that...

Not sure why it didn't come up in the xda forums search; or I missed it?

I've been searching for the same version, did you have any issues rooting?

Top Liked Posts