[ROM] Bad Boyz Sprint ONE ROMz | 5.0.2 | 6.23.651.10 | Deodexed | *Updated 11/23/15*

Search This thread

skyrkt

Mar 15, 2010
Washington State
I've been having an odd bug / thing happening recently. I'm still running the 1.0 version but I've noticed that holding the power button now simply restarts Sense. It doesn't give me any menu or options. I have the fast boot options unchecked in the settings. With this issue it's making it impossible to get into the bootloader and recovery to flash any update. Any ideas what could be causing this?

OMJ

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Jun 11, 2007
MN
twitter.com
I've been having an odd bug / thing happening recently. I'm still running the 1.0 version but I've noticed that holding the power button now simply restarts Sense. It doesn't give me any menu or options. I have the fast boot options unchecked in the settings. With this issue it's making it impossible to get into the bootloader and recovery to flash any update. Any ideas what could be causing this?

odd...if u have home menu turned on in settings, you can hold home button then choose APM from menu....I would try booting into recovery & wipe caches

The fix is in the svn but it still doesn't seem to be 100%.

yeah, I set them back to default....I can't get it to 100%

Reactions: affliction_emrah

skyrkt

Mar 15, 2010
Washington State
odd...if u have home menu turned on in settings, you can hold home button then choose APM from menu....I would try booting into recovery & wipe caches

Thank you very much for the quick reply! I held the home button and chose APM and it still does the same hot reboot as it does with the power button. With luck (and thanks to SuperSU) I was able to get into recovery and I wiped cache and dalvik and it didn't change. :( I'll do a full wipe and flash the latest update.

DavidIQ

Nov 11, 2006
Wappingers Falls, NY
www.davidiq.com
So a long time ago I was using SuperJELLY, which was an HTC EVO 4G LTE ROM (when I had that phone of course) and had modified their superjelly script for them to update the build.prop to include the SVN version. Even though that script doesn't really work with this ROM, and we would probably not want it to anyways as it uses curl which caused their GoogleCode account to get suspended due to high traffic (their design), I've taken the basic idea behind it and combined it with using Open Android SVN to get the latest from the SVN repo instead of always retrieving the full trunk, which is what the superjelly script was doing that probably caused the high traffic issue.

Here are the instructions:
  1. Download and flash this. What it is: a bash script that gets placed in system/bin for use a few steps down.
  2. Install Open Android SVN from the Google Play Store.
  3. Set up repository to retrieve latest code from https://badboyz-sense-6.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ to /sdcard/OASVNlite/BadBoyzSense6/ (this will be the default directory although you can change it when you run the command) and then tap Update and wait...and wait...and wait (you should probably do this over a good wifi connection). It should end up looking like this:
    View attachment 2675205
  4. Now open up Android Terminal Emulator and simply enter the command "badboyz" (without the quotes) and press the enter key:
    View attachment 2675206
    You can specify the directory to which you got latest of SVN in step 3 if you didn't go with the default path. Otherwise you can just press enter.
  5. NOTE: To bypass the prompt just run the command as "badboyz d" which will auto-accept the default. You can also add a second parameter to specify a sub-directory you want to create the ROM in, i.e. "badboyz d ROMs" would auto-accept the default and create the ROM in my /sdcard/ROMs/ directory. If you just want to specify the directory in which to create the ROM the first parameter can be anything other than "d" so: "badboyz n MyROMs" for instance.
  6. Now you wait...
  7. and wait...
  8. and wait...
  9. FINALLY:
    View attachment 2675207
  10. Result after flashing the newly created ROM:
    View attachment 2675208
Now you can easily track which SVN revision you last flashed, not have the need to connect the phone to your computer to get the latest SVN updates, and also skip having to install TortoiseSVN or SmartSVN on your desktop, which can be painful at times. The one drawback right now is that the shell command gets lost whenever the update is flashed so you'd have to re-apply the file from step 1 each time unless the BadBoyz team includes it in their svn repo.

@O.M.J. + BadBoyz Team: feel free to use this however you see fit, if you think it's useful. This would mean that you'd have to add Terminal Emulator to the ROM or might be possible to add it as an option to myHub. Not sure if the myHub source is somewhere accessible anymore. The dependency on a local SVN client is going to be a requirement whichever way you go I think.

P.S. Standalone bash script is attached for inspection/revision, NOT FOR FLASHING.

Attachments

• badboyz.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

tootseroel

Feb 10, 2010
nyc
9e6uteme.jpg

What is the symbol next to bluetooth?

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

OMJ

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Jun 11, 2007
MN
twitter.com
So a long time ago I was using SuperJELLY, which was an HTC EVO 4G LTE ROM (when I had that phone of course) and had modified their superjelly script for them to update the build.prop to include the SVN version. Even though that script doesn't really work with this ROM, and we would probably not want it to anyways as it uses curl which caused their GoogleCode account to get suspended due to high traffic (their design), I've taken the basic idea behind it and combined it with using Open Android SVN to get the latest from the SVN repo instead of always retrieving the full trunk, which is what the superjelly script was doing that probably caused the high traffic issue.

Here are the instructions:
  1. Download and flash this. What it is: a bash script that gets placed in system/bin for use a few steps down.
  2. Install Open Android SVN from the Google Play Store.
  3. Set up repository to retrieve latest code from https://badboyz-sense-6.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ to /sdcard/OASVNlite/BadBoyzSense6/ (this will be the default directory although you can change it when you run the command) and then tap Update and wait...and wait...and wait (you should probably do this over a good wifi connection). It should end up looking like this:
    View attachment 2675205
  4. Now open up Android Terminal Emulator and simply enter the command "badboyz" (without the quotes) and press the enter key:
    View attachment 2675206
    You can specify the directory to which you got latest of SVN in step 3 if you didn't go with the default path. Otherwise you can just press enter.
  5. NOTE: To bypass the prompt just run the command as "badboyz d" which will auto-accept the default. You can also add a second parameter to specify a sub-directory you want to create the ROM in, i.e. "badboyz d ROMs" would auto-accept the default and create the ROM in my /sdcard/ROMs/ directory. If you just want to specify the directory in which to create the ROM the first parameter can be anything other than "d" so: "badboyz n MyROMs" for instance.
  6. Now you wait...
  7. and wait...
  8. and wait...
  9. FINALLY:
    View attachment 2675207
  10. Result after flashing the newly created ROM:
    View attachment 2675208
Now you can easily track which SVN revision you last flashed, not have the need to connect the phone to your computer to get the latest SVN updates, and also skip having to install TortoiseSVN or SmartSVN on your desktop, which can be painful at times. The one drawback right now is that the shell command gets lost whenever the update is flashed so you'd have to re-apply the file from step 1 each time unless the BadBoyz team includes it in their svn repo.

@O.M.J. + BadBoyz Team: feel free to use this however you see fit, if you think it's useful. This would mean that you'd have to add Terminal Emulator to the ROM or might be possible to add it as an option to myHub. Not sure if the myHub source is somewhere accessible anymore. The dependency on a local SVN client is going to be a requirement whichever way you go I think.

P.S. Standalone bash script is attached for inspection/revision, NOT FOR FLASHING.

very nice bro...thanks! I'll add to ROM

9e6uteme.jpg

What is the symbol next to bluetooth?

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

boomsound (beats)

cygnus

Oct 17, 2010
Exchange Issue

A while back I posted an issue I found (on the original release) and never saw that anyone commented on it. It has to do with pin/password requirement on an exchange account. The specifics are as follows: I add the account successfully and it states that I need a pin, which is normal. I go through the process of creating the pin and it is successful as well. I then open the account in mail and refresh. This where is goes weird. It doesn't pull in any mail, and then in the status bar I get a notification that I need to update the pin. It does this over and over. It isn't a problem with the account as I've spoken with my exchange admin. It seems to be something with the new mail app in Sense6. Can anyone replicate this?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Bad Boyz presents...

8JXPO5x.png

Bad Boyz Sprint ONE ROM 5.0.2 Sense 6 v3.0
    Deodexed w/ modified Stock Kernel

DOWNLOAD

FEATURES v3.0 - 11/23/15

Code:
    [B]-Based on Sprint 6.23.651.10 official Sprint RUU[/B]

KERNEL

Code:
    [B]-Modified Stock Kernel (insecure, adb debugging enabled, init.d support)[/B]

MODs
    Code:
    [B]
    -Advance Power Menu

-Long Press Back Kill (coming soon)

-HomeScreen Menu

-AppOpps

-Hacked EPST!

-Hacked Hotspot

-Roam Only!

-Battery %

-NFC & GPS icons removed

-5M max MMS size

-Disabled Signature check

-Enabled EPST (ro.build.type=dev)

-Disabled Boot Audio!

-Removed persistent adb icon

-Numerous performance tweaks

-Removed junk![/B]

FAQ
    Code:
    -to remove the MTP icon, long press the notification, tap the "i", then block notifications
    [/b]

ADDED/UPDATED

Code:
    [B]
    -[URL="https://www.romdashboard.com"][COLOR=Black]ROMdB Dev Tool[/COLOR][/URL]
    -ES File Explorer
    -aLogcat

All stock apps updated[/B]

Changelog

v3.0 - 11/23/15

-Update to 6.23.651.10

v2.0 - 2/10/15

-Update to Lollipop 5.0.2

v1.0 - 6/19/14

-initial release

CREDITS

OMJ - Team Bad Boyz
    benny3 - Team Bad Boyz
    chas123 - Team Bad Boyz
    joeykrim - ROMdb

We also want to thank the following devs for their contributions: ChainFire, TeamWin,
    lyapota, LlabTooFeR, torxx, he_stheone64, viperboy, one_love_420, mikeyxda,
    aamikam, amarullz, Steal25, Tmartin, SteelH, ThickLizzard, flex360, lex_is300
    for all the excellent guides, tutorials, mods, kernels & help!

OMJ

benny3

chas123

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM] Bad Boyz Sprint ONE ROMz | 5.0.2 | 6.16.651.2 | Deodexed | *Updated 2/10/15* , ROM for the Sprint HTC One

Contributors
    O.M.J, benny3, chas123
    ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 3.0
    Stable Release Date: 2015-11-23

Created 2014-03-25
    Last Updated 2018-02-14
    OP updated w/ v2.0 Lollipop!!!

*we came out of M7 retirement to bring you all one more ROM!

-Requirements

--unlocked, preferrably S-OFF

--latest TWRP installed 2.8.4.0 http://teamw.in/project/twrp2/171

--flash the Lollipop firmware:

---S-OFF users: Modified Firmware....removed recovery & boot (fastboot flashable): https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95916177934526577

---S-ON users: Full Firmware from OTA (fastboot flashable): https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95916177934523626 you will need to flash TWRP after

See this THREAD for more info on flashing the firmware

*it appears tether is not working yet...update to come

**Clean flash required!!!

***if you're coming from an old BB version, you may want to backup & RUU w/ 6.16 1st
    Can't wait to get this updated with the m7 base version, hopefully irons out a few of the remaining wrinkles there were.

we are working on it now :D
    OP updated w/ v1.1!!!

Changelog:

-reBased on Sprint M8 1.12.651.17 (credit to @Captain_Throwback for the dump)

-APM revised & minimalized

-added HomeScreen Menu
    -added Extreme Power Saver mode

-fixed FM Radio
    -fixed dialer gap
    -fixed location consent during setup
    -fixed sound quality and volume
    -fixed compass
    -fixed vvm

-removed sd card from storage/manage apps

svn will be updated shortly...
    BB Lollipop update is almost done!!!

if u want to get a headstart & start playin, you can download via svn only (please do not create & post the ROM, we will do so soon)...keep in mind, we're still making changes (mods).

https://code.google.com/p/badboyz-m7-lollipop/source/checkout