[Q] Possible to make status bar black?

Search This thread

gravityone

Dec 30, 2007
I know the triumph is the new kid on the block and doesn't have a lot of dev or theme work for it yet,but was just wondering if anyone has accomplished making the status bar and pull down black with white lettering? if so... how?

thx

mr2011

Apr 30, 2010
I've tried a couple metamorph themes, as well as an apk I found named GingerBar, all to no avail. Hopefully with CM7 just around the bend we will see black notification bars on our triumphs :D

Reactions: Ricksta

johnnycsx

Jul 28, 2011
NYC
I've been trying the same thing. I've tried flashing several metamorph themes and such, even .zip to be installed from recovery. Nothing actually worked. A few metamorph themes just installed indefinitely without finishing. I did a restore from my backup just to make sure there's no damage. I made this thread on HowardForums and someone suggest UOkitchen or whatever it's called lol, but that's seems crazy time consuming. Also, someone posted a screenshot here on XDA in the show your homescreen thread with a modified status bar, might be worth sending him a message asking how, maybe he or she would be willing to help

nbeebe24

Jun 16, 2009
I've been trying the same thing. I've tried flashing several metamorph themes and such, even .zip to be installed from recovery. Nothing actually worked. A few metamorph themes just installed indefinitely without finishing. I did a restore from my backup just to make sure there's no damage. I made this thread on HowardForums and someone suggest UOkitchen or whatever it's called lol, but that's seems crazy time consuming. Also, someone posted a screenshot here on XDA in the show your homescreen thread with a modified status bar, might be worth sending him a message asking how, maybe he or she would be willing to help

I would try the UOT Kitchen. Its less time consuming than the methods previously mentioned

ceejay83

Feb 21, 2011
Los Angeles

johnnycsx

Jul 28, 2011
NYC
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=831715

i tried opening the services.jar with winrar like the guide says, but can't find any of the files in there. i was told i need to open it up with java, but it's getting too technical for me. maybe you can figure it out :)

I'm taking a trip to Ohio tomorrow morning at 4 a.m., 10 hour drive IF there's absolutely no traffic. I can't sleep, because if I do my dad'll have trouble staying awake lol. I have a car-to-wall outlet charger thingy that works with my laptop, so I'll give it a shot on the way. I'll let you know how it goes!

flipq88

Aug 11, 2011
I found a bunch of themes at droidpirate. com. They all seem to work pretty well

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using XDA App

garymachete

Mar 2, 2011
Issaquah
Yea just go to Droid pirate and use metamorph... who really needs a clock on the status bar anyways? U can theme all the notifications and status bar icons and turn the bar black.

MOTWX435KT

primetechv2

Nov 5, 2010
I'm still working on the "white text" half of the conundrum, but in the mean time something like Fancy Widgets should be good enough.

Although a black-bar-white-text theme is something that's a personal goal.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've tried a couple metamorph themes, as well as an apk I found named GingerBar, all to no avail. Hopefully with CM7 just around the bend we will see black notification bars on our triumphs :D