[GameKeyboard] Trying out a new webpage design for GKP Presets

Search This thread

rubbergnome

Oct 23, 2011
well, I use auto memory manager to give "hidden applications" 250 mb of ram. Also you can use it to give maximum priority to gamekeyboard (always keep alive), and it should be fine. You can also freeze some useless services, temporarly disable your typing keyboard, slightly lower your game graphics settings, use ram manager pro and stuff like that,

TLRtheory

Aug 14, 2011
The GameKeyboard page on XperiaPlayGamer has been re-done.

I've been batting this design concept around for a while and finally got a little time to put into it. It's made to favor sheer simplicity such that any user should be able to just click the image of the game they want to play, and get the GKP configuration where it's readily available to import.

L

LegionTHEFecalExcretion

Looks much better!

---------- Post added at 08:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 AM ----------

I was just thinking, you should release a gamekeyboard gkp app.

TLRtheory

Aug 14, 2011
Looks much better!

---------- Post added at 08:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 AM ----------

I was just thinking, you should release a gamekeyboard gkp app.
lol I'd actually like to create a Customizable Game Launcher App that would be quick-linked into XperiaPlayGamer's database... but I don't really have experience coding for anything but PC and web platforms.

brsingr

May 12, 2011
Alta Loma
Before I send an email to the dev, I though I would ask herw first. The problem I'm having is that when trying to use my destinia.gkp, for some reason I have to remap all the keys.....but the problem is when I press left on the dpad the app thinka I'm pressing up. All the dpad keys are pretty much rotated by 90° counterclockwise. Is this just me (running on COLA rom) or has anyone else had this issue?

I had attempted to use the Aralon sword and shadow gkp....but I dont think that would have caused it...especially when the ScareSoul gkp works fine....I'm mainly wanting to get my Destinia gkp working properly again....I think I already have it on this thread somewhere incase anyone wanta to download the gkp and try it(I didn't make any changes since I put it up from that post).

I've messed with the options at the bottom of the settings for key detection and joystick issues but they don't do anything.

The one thing I did notice is that when I'm remapping the hardkeys, they show a * next to them...

EDIT: Figured out that "Detect alternate key press" was what was causing the problem.

Sent from my R800x using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

ryboto

Dec 25, 2008
So, I have a device with a qwerty keyboard....can I use this app to control games that typically use on screen controls with my device's qwerty?

ryboto

Dec 25, 2008
Yes, however it can be harder to map move and camera to sth other tham touchpads

Sent using tf300t - stock 4.2.1

Before I buy the app again, can you possibly, briefly explain how I could get a game(like a racing game) to use the physical keyboard instead of on-screen buttons?

kkshiro

Dec 4, 2011
i have a rooted R800i with gingerbread 2.3.4 but i can't get analogs to work.

Game Keyboard v4.1.0 :crying:

(30

Sep 28, 2012
hamunahpthra
Hey people! this app is perfect to play Onlive. someone could make an profile an share with us :fingers-crossed:

ryboto

Dec 25, 2008
OK....so I followed the instructions...trying to make Carmageddon work with GameKeyboard and my physical keyboard on my phone. I have tested the controls in GKP's test window, and I've overlayed the controls where I want them, but they don't do anything. I also thought it was strange, when I rebooted, GKP was unchecked in Settings...

zefyx

Dec 19, 2007
Re-upped the video... couldn't let people endure the torture of that doubled, garbled audio :)

I can't seem to get GameKeyboard working on my Super Jellybean rom no matter what. I'd love to be able to play all of the Final Fantasy ports we've received lately with my controls. It seems the forums with the presets has been down for awhile, I hope they were not lost. Could anyone post presets for any of the Final Fantasy games they have made? I'd appreciate it greatly!

gldzx

Aug 4, 2013
GKM Touch is good

For users looking for simply and easy to use touchscreen mapping tools to play Touchscreen games and other purpose
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.locnet.gktouch

Reactions: 12gage

12gage

Sep 3, 2007
Albany, OR
I agree, I had a hard time getting Game Keyboard to work for this purpose. Once GKTouch came out I was able to map very easily.

rubbergnome

Oct 23, 2011
When I tried gkm touch the circle button was still recognized as "back". If it's still like that it's not gonna be as useful as gamekeyboard... :\

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    GameKeyboard Webpage has been completely redesigned to favor quick access and convenience CLICK HERE AND START CHECKING OUT HOW MANY GAMES THIS HAS MADE PLAYABLE!

BREAKING NEWS!!!

Of course I am unallowed to share the BETA, but you best believe I'll report it's performance!

If you haven't heard of LocNet's GameKeyboard, it's basically an app that allows you to do multiple things; from creating an on-screen game-keyboard to re-mapping hardware keys.

The official 2.0 update has been released that allows something absolutely revolutionary for Xperia PLAY owners; touch-screen to hardware keyboard action mapping.

...and what does that mean? ALL Android games become Xperia PLAY Optimized... never again will we have to use lame-ass touch controls for games that are clearly too action-reaction based to be played with virtual buttons :D

BASIC SETUP TUTORIAL:

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Root Access (SEE THIS THREAD!)

SETUP PROCESS:
    Step 1: Install and open GameKeyboard. Click "Step 1: Tap here, find..." and Check the box next to Game Keyboard
    Step 2: Long-press the "Step 2: Tap here and..." area until a window pops up; select "Input Method", then select "Game Keyboard"
    Step 3: Click the Button that says "Step 4: (Optional) Tap here to..." There are a number of changes we must make here.
    ........- Click "Select Gamepad," and select "8 buttons"
    ........- If necessary, check the box that says "8-way D-Pad"
    ........- Check the Box that says "Re-map Hardkey" (Checking the "Show start and select is not necessary")
    Step 4: Enter the "Hardkey Mappings" sub-menu, we will make a number of re-maps here
    ........- Select "Mapping 1". When the window appears, press X on your Xperia Play, then scroll down to "Gamepad A"
    ........- Select "Mapping 2". When the window appears, press O on your Xperia Play, then scroll down to "Gamepad B"
    ........- Select "Mapping 3". When the window appears, press Select on your Xperia Play, then scroll down to "Gamepad Z"
    ........- Select "Mapping 4". When the window appears, press Start on your Xperia Play, then scroll down to "Gamepad C"
    ........- Press the phone's back hardware key to exit "Hardkey Mappings" (NOTE: Circle no longer doubles as "back")
    Step 5: Enter the "Layout Edit" Sub-Menu, Check both "Layout Edit Mode" and "Enable Custom Layout," then press back
    Step 6: Scroll all the way down to the bottom of this menu and select "Touchscreen Mode"
    Step 7: That's it! From here you can easily pull up the GameKeyboard, and start drag-mapping touch-screen actions to hardware keys or importing from the archive of pre-made game configurations if you don't want to manually configure every game.

RESOURCE LINKS:
    GameKeyboard 2.0 article on XperiaPlayGamer: http://xperiaplaygamer.net/articles/everything-xperia-play-optimized.html
    GameKeyboard 2.0 article on PocketGamer: http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/Xperia+Play/Sony+Ericsson+Xperia+Play/news.asp?c=40221
    GameKeyboard 2.0 article on IntoMobile: http://www.intomobile.com/2012/04/26/gamekeyboard-makes-all-android-games-optimized-rooted-sony-ericsson-xperia-play/
    GameKeyboard 2.0 article on TalkAndroid: http://www.talkandroid.com/109619-gamekeyboard-2-0-adds-xperia-play-gamepad-support-to-all-android-games/
    GameKeyboard 2.0 article on Engadget: http://www.engadget.com/2012/05/03/gamekeyboard-for-xperia-play/
    GameKeyboard on the Google Play Store: PLAY STORE LINK
    GameKeyboard BETA Video Backlog on YouTube: BETA 1, BETA 2

Don't feel like setting up each and every game? CLICK HERE AND CHECK OUT THE IMPORT-ABLE PRE-SETS I'VE MADE!
    Guess that means he got touchpads working on gingerbread :)
    You are correct, sir!!!

Just got a very, very special email from LocNet... some pretty epic stuff is about to go down!!!! :D
    Amy way to add these to the launcher?

Nah... good news is our main man DeanBoro's back in action; and has already spoke that all of the unfinished/temporarily suspended projects he was working on are back in action - including the ICX Launcher that'll allow us to have that beautiful Game Launcher-style illustration, without having to depend on whether or not a dev is competent enough to update their AndroidManifest.xml.

Looks great... cant wait for a release...

Oh yeah? Then DON'T wait - it's out... where EVERYONE can play with it :)

(Expect a video very soon)
    TLRtheory, yep, here I am - that's me. You know how I feel right now, when I heard that you know me? It's so sweet, I'm very happy right now :).
    Yeah, I made games, when X10 users needed it. Next I have to sell my X10 (money problems), but one of XDA users buy me one again, so I can continue my adventure with this device. When my last moded games relased, I noticed, that Gameloft learn a little - they use other structure of files (you know from :D?), and I don't need to make some modifications - the only problem for X10 and gaming on it was old hardware (=slow performance on new games). So then, I, with my new X10, start working :D. That's why now we have DiXperia Gaming (of course only X10 users), so we can play GTA III or MC3 without lags ^^. For now, present time, I have X10, and Play, and I want to develop few things before I go (yes, unfortunely, I have Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, and I think soon eveything ends :() - ICS for X10 and Play, and maybe some Kernel for X10. Then, if things go good, I will get Xperia 'Hayabusa' or 'Mint' (codenames), make one fully-super-uper stuff for it, and complete my carrier on development. This is short info about some of my work :D.

GetPatriotized, :).