SGS5 (SM-G900F) Teardown

Search This thread

Pako7

Nov 16, 2008
It's thread at teardown SGS5 (on russian from ferra.ru)

383609.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: BoneXDA

dpwhitty11

Aug 15, 2010
Houston, TX
Oh snap, it looks like the screen isn't going to be covered in adhesive this time around. Thank god. You guys have no idea how messy it is to replace those on the S3, S4, note 2/3, etc... Its freaking pixie dust. Those amoleds shatter and explode and get shiny specks of screen EVERYWHERE.

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

BoneXDA

Oct 9, 2012
Thx Pako7!

There's quite a bit of heat sinking going on around certain chips, I guess due to the tighter coating that keeps water outside, but heat trapped inside. Look at the mid-frame on the right, there's a lot of thickness around the sides, it should make the phone sturdier against drops. The camera unit looks a bit larger than usual, which is a good thing. BTW, the fella still needed that heat gun to remove the screen, so it's gonna take some effort to replace it still.

yahyoh

Nov 7, 2011
Amman
Oh snap, it looks like the screen isn't going to be covered in adhesive this time around. Thank god. You guys have no idea how messy it is to replace those on the S3, S4, note 2/3, etc... Its freaking pixie dust. Those amoleds shatter and explode and get shiny specks of screen EVERYWHERE.

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

:/

383579.jpg

"The hardest part of the process of parsing the Samsung Galaxy S5 - disconnecting screen"

Top Liked Posts