[Q] Force A2DP on Gear? All audio possible?

Search This thread

h00rj

Aug 22, 2008
Daytona
I'm thinking instead of trying to get Google Now / voice-to-text running on the watch, why we can't use the watch as an a2dp device?
Relay the audio back and forth to the phone and let the phone do the processing and Internet.

I know it's possible because you can make a phone call from the watch, so why can't we tell Google Now or s-voice to send a text message?

Has one one given this a go? If so, is it as awesome as I imagine?? Also, how? I can't seem to get any audio other than call audio and on-watch audio out of the watch.

Also, this may be a stretch, but is there perchance a VNC-type app that can be run across bluetooth? View the phone's screen on your watch all willy-nilly and what's. Sounds crazy, I know, but it FEELS like it could be done.

h00rj

Aug 22, 2008
Daytona
----update
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=js.android.btmusic

This looks promising for talking to Google Now! I'm in class right now, but I'll give it a go here in about an hour.

----
Doesn't work. Just forwards media audio out the earpiece on the phone.
I'll do some fiddling with it later.

-----YET ANOTHER IDEA
I should just make a thread called "My perfect Gear in a perfect world", but what about fullscreen keyboard? You know how on your phone, you go to landscape mode and your keyboard takes up the whole screen with it's own textbox on top? Would there be a way to force that on the gear? Seems like every time I'm trying to type on the gear, the keyboard is covering what I'm typing.

Last edited:

BigBison420

Feb 19, 2012
jacksonville
www.facebook.com
using the phone's internet to do the actual processing of information is referred to as "TETHERING"... you are basically saying "let's use our galaxy gear as a microphone" ... this is what tethering would do. Initiate a request from the galaxy gear, process request using phone's internet, completing task at origin of initial request / location.

Now...... using the galaxy gear as a module to transmit system sound would be interesting idea... meaning we emulate our phones microphone via bluetooth connection (gear) but then you'd have to shut off the gear's sounds and all audio coming from the phone would somehow have to transmit through the gear... which i think would be very slow/ laggy... but also an interesting thought

h00rj

Aug 22, 2008
Daytona
using the phone's internet to do the actual processing of information is referred to as "TETHERING"... you are basically saying "let's use our galaxy gear as a microphone" ... this is what tethering would do. Initiate a request from the galaxy gear, process request using phone's internet, completing task at origin of initial request / location.

Now...... using the galaxy gear as a module to transmit system sound would be interesting idea... meaning we emulate our phones microphone via bluetooth connection (gear) but then you'd have to shut off the gear's sounds and all audio coming from the phone would somehow have to transmit through the gear... which i think would be very slow/ laggy... but also an interesting thought

I picked up a cheap bluetooth speaker to play music on, and I noticed it has an extra profile in the bluetooth settings on my phone that the Gear doesn't have. "Media Audio"
I can use the bluetooth speaker talk to Google Now, but not the Gear, so I"m thinking this is what's missing.

Is this a hardware thing? Can this be spoofed/modified to include the Media Audio for the Gear?

realista87

Sep 3, 2011
marche
Redmi Note 10 Pro
MEDIA AUDIO is a bluetooth profile that some device/receiver bluetooth DO have ;)

for example i have a chinese bluetooth dialer that does have 2 bt profile.... os i can enable it for the phone audio.... AND for media audio. and wwhen i play a song on my phone.... also via youtube app, the audio is STREAMED TO THE BT RECEIVER ( the dialer) that does have a 3,5mm hole to use it with headphones. and i can HEAR youtube audio wireless using the BT dialer plus headphones...... thaks to media audio profile

Reactions: h00rj
Oct 3, 2017
It brings a tear to my eye that this was never implemented before the abandonment of the Null rom, A2DP is basically the only thing missing from it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MEDIA AUDIO is a bluetooth profile that some device/receiver bluetooth DO have ;)

for example i have a chinese bluetooth dialer that does have 2 bt profile.... os i can enable it for the phone audio.... AND for media audio. and wwhen i play a song on my phone.... also via youtube app, the audio is STREAMED TO THE BT RECEIVER ( the dialer) that does have a 3,5mm hole to use it with headphones. and i can HEAR youtube audio wireless using the BT dialer plus headphones...... thaks to media audio profile