[MOD][5/7] - Advanced Power Menu - 1.55.605.2 Base - Odex / De-Odex

Search This thread

Scott

Retired Recognized Developer
Here is the Advanced Power Menu (APM) that gives additional reboot options as shown below.

apm.png

Odex is for the stock ROM or CleanROM.

De-Odex is for the de-odex base'd ROMS. However, if you are running a de-odex based ROM it may be a custom ROM, and it may already have this! I do not recommend flashing this over any custom ROM without verifying it will work with your favorite ROM dev.

My collection of 1.55.605.2 Based Stock ROMS are HERE! These mods work on both the odex and de-odex versions!

Thanks to @AngioNicholai for originally porting this to the old base. I just ported it to the new base.

Notes
  • I dont recommend this on ART mode!!!
  • This does not remove kid mode! You just need to delete the APK that is called "kid mode" for it to remove from the menu. I did not script it in as the intent of this mod was to add the reboot options :highfive:

Download HERE!

Hit Thanks and enjoy!

:)

Last edited:

ReyStunner

Apr 7, 2013
Nice, I can remove some xposed modules now. If only it had screenshot option though, then it would be PERFECT.

Last edited:

Tigerstown

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 20, 2013
Detroit
Nice one. Downloading now!

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

boricua95

Nov 1, 2010
Awesome! Really appreciate this Scott.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk Pro.

Last edited:

ReyStunner

Apr 7, 2013
or you can use power + vol down :)

Oh I'm aware of the various ways. It's just that I have a slim fit case on so it's hard to press both power and volume the same time. Also I've disabled soft keys and solely use lmt to free up screen space (always hated on screen buttons) so it's pretty awkward tryna swipe and hold down power lol.

The advanced power menus on other roms I've used usually have that screenshot built in. I've found xposed modules that do the trick but I like the look of this one.

henrys01

Apr 4, 2011
Do I need to do something to activate this? I have installed the zip but I'm still not seeing a different power menu.

David 617

May 12, 2011
Thanks for this zip. I'm gonna flash it tonight.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Scott

Retired Recognized Developer
@scrosler
Thanks for this zip. I'm gonna flash it tonight.

I was trying to mod dotview apk to replace HTC voice assist with Google Now and maybe you can help me.
I decompiled the apk and stuck in logcats so I can follow the execution path but I cannot seem to get it to run.
First time I forgot to sign it, so that crashed.
But even once I signed it and pushed it to priv-app I couldn't boot my phone. It may be because I'm in ART... Idk.

I guess I'm a bit lost... Lol. Maybe you can help me...

How does odex/deodex affect apk modding?
Does art affect apk modding?
Do I need HTCs certificates or is the default test cert OK?

What would be the rough outline to mod an apk?

(I'm comfortable modding the smali, I just don't know how to put the apk back properly)

Thank you so much.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

I think it would be best if you asked these questions in a thread in Q/A.

power950

May 7, 2011
Springfield
Did anyone happen to test this with art if so did it give you any problems?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is the Advanced Power Menu (APM) that gives additional reboot options as shown below.

apm.png

Odex is for the stock ROM or CleanROM.

De-Odex is for the de-odex base'd ROMS. However, if you are running a de-odex based ROM it may be a custom ROM, and it may already have this! I do not recommend flashing this over any custom ROM without verifying it will work with your favorite ROM dev.

My collection of 1.55.605.2 Based Stock ROMS are HERE! These mods work on both the odex and de-odex versions!

Thanks to @AngioNicholai for originally porting this to the old base. I just ported it to the new base.

Notes
    • I dont recommend this on ART mode!!!
    • This does not remove kid mode! You just need to delete the APK that is called "kid mode" for it to remove from the menu. I did not script it in as the intent of this mod was to add the reboot options :highfive:

Download HERE!

Hit Thanks and enjoy!

:)
    Nice, I can remove some copied modules now. If only it had screenshot option though, then it would be PERFECT.

I hear ya!

You can do a screenshot by holding Power and Home Key.

But I may look into adding screenshot at a later time!
    Do I need to do something to activate this? I have installed the zip but I'm still not seeing a different power menu.

Did you press restart after holding power? Thats where the extra options are. You wont see anything different until you do that.
    Nice, I can remove some xposed modules now. If only it had screenshot option though, then it would be PERFECT.

Here is the Screenshot one, just ask scrosler to add it in a flashable zip for you guys!

6sccwp.png
    2w70j1v.png
    Yes, the original one I made does not work. I stated I recommend not trying. I dont know if Angio's will work. Maybe he can answer.

But I have not been successful at getting any modded files to work. But on the same not I havent really tried either, lol.

Will not work on ART, won't boot if flashed.