Heartbleed patch on rooted phone

Search This thread

ChiDi9901

Sep 20, 2012
Wien
I have a HTC One X with stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2 and I am rooted. My only root apps are SuperSU, adaway, obackup, luckypatcher and titanium backup. I didn't modify any other things like framework or something. I didn't flash anything. Now the phone tells me about this bug fix update. I know I need stock recovery to flash it. So can I simply flash stock recovery then make the update and flash back cwm recovery again?

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 7 mit Tapatalk

D0GuKaN

Jul 12, 2010
Ankara
dkorkmazturk.org
As long as your bootloader is unlocked, you can switch between recoverys whenever you want :good: So answer to your question is yes, you can flash stock recovery then make the update and flash back cwm recovery again.

Reactions: ChiDi9901

xaffer

May 14, 2014
I have a HTC One X with stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2 and I am rooted. My only root apps are SuperSU, adaway, obackup, luckypatcher and titanium backup. I didn't modify any other things like framework or something. I didn't flash anything. Now the phone tells me about this bug fix update. I know I need stock recovery to flash it. So can I simply flash stock recovery then make the update and flash back cwm recovery again?

You don't necessarily need stock recovery. You can press and hold the vol down and power button to boot into bootloader, select recovery, select install from zip file and in there selected the update zip file (it is stored in downloads folder). I am not sure about other OTA updates but this one installed correctly on my rooted HOX.

Reactions: ChiDi9901

ChiDi9901

Sep 20, 2012
Wien
As long as your bootloader is unlocked, you can switch between recoverys whenever you want :good: So answer to your question is yes, you can flash stock recovery then make the update and flash back cwm recovery again.

You don't necessarily need stock recovery. You can press and hold the vol down and power button to boot into bootloader, select recovery, select install from zip file and in there selected the update zip file (it is stored in downloads folder). I am not sure about other OTA updates but this one installed correctly on my rooted HOX.

Thank you both for straightforward answers!?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.