[ROM] The Dude's Cupcake1.3RC2 [AOSP + ADP1.5] [2009-06-19]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

southsko

Jan 3, 2009
super user app fails.... no suid. Tried in both terminal "su" and the overclock app. Other than that it seems be work. I will post your detailed analysis after I play around...

edit

Yatyas answered that question. Now I need to get my xp box with the sdk cause my computer here is on win 7

Last edited:

glorfunk

Apr 8, 2009
My experience so far is that pretty much everything works "as advertised" (Market, phone, etc.) except:

- video recorder often crashes and when it doesn't, it records a really crappy quality video (mine is set to the highest);
- GPS does not seem to work;
- superuser looks like it's working but in reality it inhibits root-enabled apps from working, thus I could not test wifi tether;
- I didn't see two VKs as stated in first post;

Over all this build still needs a good polish before it can be used on a day-to-day basis.

On the side note my WiFi is not working with this build either :( Since it's not working with Haykuro's 5.0.2Hr3 can it be that it's messed-up on my end? If so, how could I test it / see some logs?

revert the phone to stock and see if it works on official software. overkill but a sure way to know.

kylebrodeur

Dec 8, 2008
Do not care much for the music widget the one from haykuros looks alot better for android..but that really doesn't matter lol

Looks like some good features..I'll give them a try!

KPeriod

Mar 7, 2009
Toronto
W

Not only does wifi work flawlessly for me on this build, but it feels faster than H did a few minutes ago and G did a few hours ago.

I switched to H to download some apps, then after 15 minutes I couldn't take it anymore so I flashed this and so far it's fantastic. Can't wait for apps2sd so I can use all my apps (just messing around with the default ones for now).

ArmandHammer

Apr 3, 2009
Ohio
Great work dude of Life,
Pretty excited to see this on its final version. Getting sick of the H build.
It just doesnt fit the g1.

Yatyas

Dec 31, 2003
Houston
Can't wait for apps2sd so I can use all my apps (just messing around with the default ones for now).

Dude suggested trying to use the boot.img from Haykuro's build to get apps2sd to work. I tested it and it seems to work great. If you already have the partitions setup just flash the boot.img from 5.0.1Gr3 ... reboot (check to make sure your partition mounted correctly), move your folders over, delete originals, create symlinks yada yada.... reboot and presto.... apps2sd

If you are confused on how to do this wait for the next release which I am pretty sure will have apps2sd. :)

Last edited:

Ooglez

Feb 23, 2009
My experience so far is that pretty much everything works "as advertised" (Market, phone, etc.) except:

- video recorder often crashes and when it doesn't, it records a really crappy quality video (mine is set to the highest);
- GPS does not seem to work;
- superuser looks like it's working but in reality it inhibits root-enabled apps from working, thus I could not test wifi tether;
- I didn't see two VKs as stated in first post;

Over all this build still needs a good polish before it can be used on a day-to-day basis.

On the side note my WiFi is not working with this build either :( Since it's not working with Haykuro's 5.0.2Hr3 can it be that it's messed-up on my end? If so, how could I test it / see some logs?

I'm having problems with Wifi on 5.0.1Gr3 and in Thedude's 0.5 builds as well. JF1.42 RC33 works quite well, but for some reason, I can't get it to work in cupcake. I've only tested WEP networks, so I don't know if that's a common factor. And yes, I've tried with both JF's radio and with the Saph radio.

tubaking182

Mar 28, 2008
this seems INCREDIBLY stable, sorry if this was mentioned, i got lazy and started skimming around page 8, but i can't seem to get root permissions in my terminal and when i tell superuser to give permission it won't. same with wifi tether for root users. it seems to work and then wifi tether tells me i don't have root. not a big deal, i'll just have to wait for this to get fixed before i stay on your build. i love it a lot

great job on this and good luck finding a job soon, a lot of people are out jobs these days

ArmandHammer

Apr 3, 2009
Ohio
Dudeoflife,
Great work, I have a ?
Do you expect to get these build out tonight or tomorrow?
Not being impatient just wondering if i should go to sleep or not :)

inportb

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 29, 2008
inportb.com
Be patient, yo. The Dude's staying up fixing your bugs; does it make much of a difference when you apply the results? =p

Btw, I'm liking the H series very much, but I'll try the Dude's G build when the time comes to reflash.

brianb7590

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 28, 2007
Sandy Springs, Georgia
Dude, are you going to be releasing a non-wipe version along with .6?
It really doesn' matter much, it just saves a step, of having to fastboot anything.

Gimpeh

Feb 25, 2009
Springfield
Dude! I havent tried your new builds yet but I'm really happy to see that your picking up the reigns on the G build. This is truly a great community.

TheDudeOfLife

Jul 21, 2008
Chicago
thedudesandroid.com
You guys crack me up with all the chit-chat...

New builds are a go. Non-wipe versions tomorrow.
Camera/gps are probably still broken. There are a lot of things that I need to look into first.

I'll be around a few hours to make sure nothing blows up and work on seeing if new stuff may be out there to fix my camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Force closes

I have the upgraded to the 1.5 software and when i press the phone button to make a call, answer a call, access my contacts i get a force close every time is there anything i can do besides downgrade?