I goofed. How do I fix this?

Search This thread

narc0tix

Apr 1, 2013
While I was at work, my buddy stopped over and started flashing over to 4.4. Something failed. I am running safestrap 3.72. How do I get this thing back to hyperdrive 14.0, or android 4.3.

edit: And I cant just wipe, and try to reflash because Im getting an E:/unable to mount error while trying it. This thing is shot.

Phone is currently creating a rom slot 1, because apparently my stock rom slot doesn't have an OS.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Last edited:

k1mu

Apr 11, 2011
Virginia
While I was at work, my buddy stopped over and started flashing over to 4.4. Something failed. I am running safestrap 3.72. How do I get this thing back to hyperdrive 14.0, or android 4.3.

edit: And I cant just wipe, and try to reflash because Im getting an E:/unable to mount error while trying it. This thing is shot.

Phone is currently creating a rom slot 1, because apparently my stock rom slot doesn't have an OS.

Thanks for the help in advance.

You can't create ROM slots in the (unsupported on Verizon) Safestrap 3.72, You can only flash over the stock slot.
If your stock slot is hosed, boot into downloader mode and use Odin to flash factory stock. Then you can root it and install HD.

Going back to 4.3 at this point is possible, but not recommended. Read one of the multiple 4.3->4.4 upgrade threads for details.

narc0tix

Apr 1, 2013
You can't create ROM slots in the (unsupported on Verizon) Safestrap 3.72, You can only flash over the stock slot.
If your stock slot is hosed, boot into downloader mode and use Odin to flash factory stock. Then you can root it and install HD.

Going back to 4.3 at this point is possible, but not recommended. Read one of the multiple 4.3->4.4 upgrade threads for details.

Im having to go through a proxy to access this site at work. Are you able to maybe shoot me a link off hand? Searching on the forum is bad enough, but even worse while going through a proxy.

Thanks for your help thus far.

narc0tix

Apr 1, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL8XwuRYoWU&list=WL&index=21

This should work, no?

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur

narc0tix

Apr 1, 2013
odin is the way to go but download the files to a pc and check md5 checksums and make sure there is good communication between PC and the phone. ODIN is very sensitive to USB ports and the USB cable and this is a cause for many ODIN failures

do as much reading as possible and there are other youtube videos

Can you please help me out here? Ive read and read. Do I need to flash mk2? MJ7? Everything I try to download from androidfilehost doesnt work, and Im still stuck with a bricked device.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

k1mu

Apr 11, 2011
Virginia
Can you please help me out here? Ive read and read. Do I need to flash mk2? MJ7? Everything I try to download from androidfilehost doesnt work, and Im still stuck with a bricked device.

Your phone is running 4.4, so you need to flash NC5. Don't download to your phone, download it to your computer, like decaturbob said.
If you really can't download from Android File Host, get someone with a reliable network connection to download it for you.

Link to the NC5 Odin files: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2735172

As far as your question about the YouTube directions, that's the problem with You Tube videos - they're history, old, and unreliable. Nobody updates them. It's easy to find videos telling people how to flash CM on their S4 which NEVER say "oh, and this will brick your phone if you're not on the MDK build". Don't watch videos and follow them unless you understand the risks.

That's why we've created sticky threads here to try to keep people from going down the wrong path.

Last edited: