[MOD][Xposed] GCalMonthDetails - Enable/customize event text in GCalendar month view

Search This thread

agentdr8

Mar 4, 2007
Cowtown, CA
This is a simple module to fulfill requests here and here.

It's an adaptation of the original smali mods to the Google Calendar found here by @shaftenberg. There's preferences to allow you to customize how the event text looks in Google Calendar month view.

Tested against Google Calendar 20140414.

I didn't have time to find/create an app icon for the module; I'll get to it eventually.App icon added to v1.1

Standard xposed module stuff; install Xposed Framework, enable app_process, reboot. Install this module, enable in Xposed Installer->Modules, reboot.

Also available in the Xposed Repo.

Source is available at my github

(screenshot of calendar borrowed from shaftenberg's post)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-08-20-16-39-34.png
    Screenshot_2014-08-20-16-39-34.png
    58.5 KB · Views: 5,159
  • gcal.png
    gcal.png
    97.7 KB · Views: 5,719
  • GCalMonthDetail_v1.1.apk
    329.1 KB · Views: 324
Last edited:

lulli1

Hi agentdr8
thanks so much! Great! I tried to built a quite easier module without success. But I´m new to java coding and still learning.
I wonder if you would send me the source code of your app, for digging into it for studying and learning?
One little bug in your module is the events text size in the first row of the month view. Your text size modifications are used for nearly all calender fields, but won´t be used for the text in several fields. If I change the view to landscape and back, or to week view and back, all fields are fine. So this bug only exist, when I even open the calendar app. Please take a look at the picture here:
5u9adyju.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: tomcklam

hamsup1o

Mar 12, 2005
Hi agentdr8
thanks so much! Great! I tried to built a quite easier module without success. But I´m new to java coding and still learning.
I wonder if you would send me the source code of your app, for digging into it for studying and learning?
One little bug in your module is the events text size in the first row of the month view. Your text size modifications are used for nearly all calender fields, but won´t be used for the text in several fields. If I change the view to landscape and back, or to week view and back, all fields are fine. So this bug only exist, when I even open the calendar app. Please take a look at the picture here:
5u9adyju.jpg

i just noticed that too. minor bug but if agentdr8 can fix it, that would be great!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

agentdr8

Mar 4, 2007
Cowtown, CA
Hi agentdr8

Yep, I'll post the code to my github and link it on the OP.

i just noticed that too. minor bug but if agentdr8 can fix it, that would be great!

I'll see what I can find. It seems to only be on days on the first line of the screen, whether it's previous month or partial new month, so it's probably a different view that needs modifying.Found occurrences in the middle of a month prev/next to current. Hmm.

Last edited:

lulli1

Yep, I'll post the code to my github and link it on the OP.

That would be really great! Thank you....:good:

It seems to only be on days on the first line of the screen, whether it's previous month or partial new month

It´s always a whole row -> this means a whole week in the month few.
Do you need logcats? If so, where is the logcat stored (path), when I enable this function in your menue?

agentdr8

Mar 4, 2007
Cowtown, CA
It´s always a whole row -> this means a whole week in the month few.
Do you need logcats? If so, where is the logcat stored (path), when I enable this function in your menue?

I don't believe any errors will be thrown in this case. The debugging output goes to the xposed error.log, but this seems to be caused by the view getting inflated prior to the values being modified. I'll be digging through the GCal code some more today to see if I can figure it out.

Reactions: lulli1

igloohed73

Sep 8, 2012
Eastern Shore of MD
Thanks for sharing this. I've always hated the fact this wasn't a native feature of GCal.
I've even sent feedback several times requesting in. Even had a response one time asking me to elaborate. Thanks again!

oXid_FoX

Apr 17, 2014
Thank you, very useful !!! and much more in landscape mode !

could you add an option to hide icon app in launcher?

tomcklam

Apr 1, 2011
Los Angeles
:eek::eek::eek: I wish I could I find your post 1 day earlier, because of this feature I went to buy Business Calendar Pro yesterday..... Thank you for making this tweak

Sent from my SGH-T889 using XDA Free mobile app

mistermojorizin

Dec 21, 2011
Google Pixel 5
Is there a way to enable this in the stock android calendar? Package name: com.android.calendar....looks just like gcal but i could never get gcal working on my system

agentdr8

Mar 4, 2007
Cowtown, CA
Is there a way to enable this in the stock android calendar? Package name: com.android.calendar....looks just like gcal but i could never get gcal working on my system

Does the stock calendar show the details in month view when in tablet view? This module basically takes advantage of built-in functionality in the Google Calendar app that's disabled when not in tablet mode.

Reactions: mistermojorizin

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a simple module to fulfill requests here and here.

It's an adaptation of the original smali mods to the Google Calendar found here by @shaftenberg. There's preferences to allow you to customize how the event text looks in Google Calendar month view.

Tested against Google Calendar 20140414.

I didn't have time to find/create an app icon for the module; I'll get to it eventually.App icon added to v1.1

Standard xposed module stuff; install Xposed Framework, enable app_process, reboot. Install this module, enable in Xposed Installer->Modules, reboot.

Also available in the Xposed Repo.

Source is available at my github

(screenshot of calendar borrowed from shaftenberg's post)
    Uploaded new version to repo and OP. Found the issue causing the odd text size bug and it should be resolved now. Also added an app icon. Enjoy.

I'll get the source up to github later today.

Not unless the Google Calendar comes with a widget already. This module just takes the manual smali edits that were normally needed to enable event text in month view and makes it so you don't have to do any of that.
    There's month view on the tablet version, just not the phone version it seems - very annoying, I prefer the month view over an agenda so am thinking of just using the old version on my phone instead... Unless this can change that??

Hmm, I'll see if I can force tablet mode.
    is there a chance for lollipop support with the last calendar version? I really miss your module...

Haven't had any time to look into it, sorry. If you find an existing mod for the LP calendar that enables event text, I can probably get it worked into the module.