(Rom)(Leak) 7.01.605.01 Verizon Vivow Ics Sense 3.6 *8.21.12

Search This thread

Note2Frat

Mar 16, 2010
I took all files out of ics firmware except the radio and it didnt allow my ParanoidAndroid Rom to boot

Radio is 1.09.01.0320

It also caused my recovery to go into safa mode because cache was unavailable

Last edited:

ph1nn

May 5, 2011
NYC
386MB for a ROM, forgot how insanely bloated 3rd party ROMs are. For comparison: CM7.2 - 88MBs, CM9 - 138MBs, CM10 - 153MBs.

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 PM ----------

I took all files out of ics firmware except the radio and it didnt allow my ParanoidAndroid Rom to boot

Radio is 1.09.01.0320

It also caused my recovery to go into safa mode because cache was unavailable

Ouch maybe it's best to hold off on this then. So your saying if you flash the firmware (radio included) you were not able to go back and use another ROM or Recovery? This should be mentioned in huge red letters in the OP if true.

Linch89

Jul 11, 2011
Jacksonville
I followed the op (hboot firmware fullwipe Rom install) and everything is really choppy. My WiFi and mobile data keep cutting out too. Everything is laggy. I don't think I should flash the firmware again bc flashing the same radio twice will brick your phone right? I dunno what to do...

---------- Post added at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 PM ----------

You can def flash back I didn't lose ext4 and I'm back on srz

smayer85

Jul 19, 2012
So far it appears to have fixed the streaming music issue. And if you can't go back to a recovery did you try the 2.3.3 ruu ? I don't see how it would stop you from going back to an old recovery though

Sent from my ADR6350 using xda app-developers app

SuFuS01dier

Jul 30, 2012
I followed the op (hboot firmware fullwipe Rom install) and everything is really choppy. My WiFi and mobile data keep cutting out too. Everything is laggy. I don't think I should flash the firmware again bc flashing the same radio twice will brick your phone right? I dunno what to do...

---------- Post added at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 PM ----------

You can def flash back I didn't lose ext4 and I'm back on srz

I've flashed the same radio on accident and it didn't brick my phone. Can't remember which radio or if it even matters

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Linch89

dirtsky

Holy crap, this is real? Yes indeed it's about time. So the new ROM is 386MB, and the new firmware (with new radio) is 18MB. I'm going to back up my CM7.2 build and take the plunge, why not. Thanks a lot for doing this.

Can't wait now for the kernel and source so CyanogenMod and Aeroevan to get their hands on it :laugh: From the screenshot I see the 3.0.16 kernel!

I dream of a solid ICS build, let alone JB. I'll never need another phone. Can't stand all these new huge Android phones anyway.

I know right? This is some great news. I'm running the rom right now and so far its pretty smooth.

Camaro305

Feb 15, 2011
Only issue I have so far is Wifi keeps disconnecting and connecting. Mobile data is fine though...

eriknors

Nov 8, 2011
Has anyone tried updating firmware w/o downloading rom?

Sent from my vivow using xda app-developers app

jameshmiller

Feb 25, 2011
Lexington, SC
Wow, I feel like an idiot.
I flashed the firmware in hboot, but how do I get to recovery now? I volume down +power to get to bootloader after reboot and I just get stuck in hboot because the firmware is still in sd root. I've done this before, but I just don't remember how to get out of it. :eek:

Thanks in advance!

jakob95

Sep 14, 2011
NYC
Wow, I feel like an idiot.
I flashed the firmware in hboot, but how do I get to recovery now? I volume down +power to get to bootloader after reboot and I just get stuck in hboot because the firmware is still in sd root. I've done this before, but I just don't remember how to get out of it. :eek:

Thanks in advance!

Take out your MicroSD card and insert to computer, and delete the firmware from your MicroSD

Jizzylax

Oct 19, 2010
is GSM work in this ROM? i download many rom but the gsm won't work.
please tell me :(

oh-the-huge-manatee.jpg

Reactions: brymaster5000

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ****im not responsible for anything that happens to your phone***

Ok, here is a leaked (read not the ota) ics sense 3.6 rom for the verizon htc inc2

attachment.php

General Info:
    • Android 4.0.4
    • Sense 3.6
    • Kernel 3.0.16 (insecure boot)
    • 7.01.605.01 test-keys
    • deodexed (userdebug)
    • build date: mid July

its basically stock as it came from the RUU except:

• rooted
    • busybox
    • kernel repacked for ext4 vs ext3
    • kernel repacked to remove new htc /lib partition for use on all hboots
    • remove htc linkify crap (app associations as a result of apple lawsuit)
    • removed a lot of the htc log/testing utilities that are present (theyre neat to play with sorta, but the avg user would get annoyed by their notificaitons always being on)
    • moved some stuff to /data because older hboots dont support /lib and /lib needs to be back in /system/ (which didnt have the room for it all)

Credits
    • chainsdd for superuser
    • anonymous friends who supply us with files

Downloads:

rom: http://d-h.st/KGo
    mirror: http://www.androidfilehost.com/main/Incredible_2_Developers/nitsuj17/vivow_7.01.605.01_ics_R1.zip
    md5sum: ee5c6f84318363cc274c787141ddd14e

ics firmware: http://d-h.st/ZVq
    mirror: http://www.androidfilehost.com/main/Incredible_2_Developers/nitsuj17/vivow_ics_fw_PG32IMG.zip
    md5sum: 81171966d46efcc62b6c8f28918b0b31
    (includes newer radio)

i recommend making a backup first obviously...you may get away without using the firmware update (which includes a newer radio) but i cant guarantee it ll boot and/or other stuff working right

***dont ask for the RUU currently, thanks***

To Install:
    (for s-off users)
    • Download rom and firmware
    • if installing firmware rename to PG32IMG.zip and put on the root of sdcard (rom too)
    • boot to recovery, make a nandroid, wipe data, and flash rom ***if flashing firmware do not reboot yet!)
    • if flashing firmware, either "adb reboot bootloader" or select the option through recovery (depends on what recovery you use)
    • flash firmware through hboot
    • reboot

for dev unlock users you need to pull the boot.img from the rom.zip and flash that through fastboot as well!
    Code:
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
    FAQ

Q: Is this the fabled ICS OTA?
    A: No, not even close. Its a userdebug rom (read not tester, but internal developer test build) from July.

Q: Does this mean an ota is close?
    A: Doesn't mean much honestly. The tbolts debug test build is from April and they don't have an ota yet :p HTC had previously said release by end of August, but who knows.

Q: Is this rom bugfree?
    A: I'm sure its not. Apparently wifi and data need to be toggled off when using the other.

Q: Would you recommend this over "insert rom"?
    A: Nope...mostly cuz a) its a test rom and b) I haven't used any rom on my inc2 that wasn't ukb or miui since last year to compare.

Q: Can I use mods for other sense 3.6 mods/tweaks/patches with this?
    A: Maybe, but since they are essentially replacing apks/jars from this rom when flashed it can cause issues/bootloops.

Q: Are you going to make mods for this then?
    A: Don't plan to, when the ota is out I probably will then.

Q: Can I use this to make my own rom?
    A: Of course, go right ahead.

Q: Wait the secret LTE radio in my phone in enabled when switching in network mode!!?!?!?
    A: Yup, expect 2 TB down and 123 TB up!!!

Q: Can you release the RUU?
    A: No plans to currently.
    Yeah, surprisingly the Chinese leak is running better than this for me too. Probably why we don't have an OTA yet.

:crying:

yeah, from what i gather (i only ran it to get it suitable enough for release) its not an amazing stock rom :eek:

i personally wont release a modded stock rom until the official ota is out (or i get a leak that im more or less assured will ota)....then ill probably do the same thing i did for gb (very close to stock rom, and one heavily modded one w/ tweaks)