Originally Posted by bASKOU
I was wondering about unlock or not unlock bootloader. Not yet rooted with .510 firmware I tried to check and unchecked X-reality engine and look at my pictures. Most of my pix are taken with with camera so from basic colors are already good from the start.
Result is I didn't see any differences, colors was the same. I was a that time stock (flashed VNese .ftf on HK phone and updated again via Pc Companion) and never rooted my phone. So I rooted my phone with vroot then Ta backup and tested again. Was the same. And finally unlocked bootloader and rooted but I still can check X-reality engine and colors on my phone look exactly the same.
So I really wonder if people experience the same things than me or not?
Sent from my C6802 using Tapatalk 4
1. Open a picture in Album app (xreality only works in album cmiiw)
2. Open display settings. Turn off xreality.
3. Back to the opened picture (use the multi tasker so you can switch back and forth quickly).. Notice the difference? Most likely no. I having trouble too.
4. Back to the xreality setting, turn it on.
5. Quick! Back to picture!
6. Look closely, some part of the picture is not finished rendering yet (some square areas with different color tone)
7. Couple of seconds and the whole picture finished rendering.
The question is, does the unrendered picture actually the same as the original picture when xreality is off? Duh.
But I can recognize the difference when playing videos (and xreality still works on videos even when bootloader is unlocked)
Sent from my C6802 using xda app-developers app