Attachments

• IMG_20130913_145450.jpg
    IMG_20130913_145450.jpg
    254.1 KB · Views: 2,412

bubakovsky

Jul 1, 2010
Košice
OnePlus 6
Few weeks ago, I dropped my DX too, although damage was less. I read about digitizer replacement on HTC devices (in general) and I read it's not that easy as on Samsung devices. One guy tried to replace digitizer and he ended up with broken LCD panel. You can also buy whole module (LCD screen + digitizer) but it's like a roll of a dice - you can get good lcd and you can get bad lcd too. It's a risk. You can send it to local repair centre. I was told it would cost about 100-120€. From then, I knew, I have to live with that broken screen. lol :)

Hard to replace

I've tried to replace the touch screen (only the glass). In eBay it's about 25$ or something like that.
It hard, very hard to replace. I've ended with a broken LCD, because when try to separate the glass from LCD, LCD broke.

For me, it's better to replace the whole screen, not only the glass. I've seen it for 51$ in eBay, but worth it.

Video on how to replace (as you can see, you need a dryer, and big ball, because phone gets VERY hot, and you're the whole time thinking you're going to melt it :eek:

.you*tube*.co*m/*watch?v=hzRsLDahWVg

dansou901

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 10, 2012
Aachen
OnePlus 5
OnePlus Nord
after i replaced removed the digitizer and put it back it not sticking ...
i cleaned it using glass cleaner also ...!!

Did you remove the digitizer from the lcd? If yes, I actually don't know what to do; but I used a complete assembly of lcd and digitizer as replacement. It's sticking at the four corners, at least for me.