Notify-Me :: Lockscreen Notifications. [New v2]

Search This thread

anandbibek

May 18, 2013
Agartala
theweekendcoder.blogspot.com
Notify Me! v2 is a lockscreen notification rendering app

A better advanced version for devices running Android 4.3 or above is available from this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2804624

This new version contains some bug fixes, improvements and new features as an addition on the original project.

Features present since version 1.9.1 of project
---------------------------------------------------------
• Display notification popup on lockscreen
• Turn on screen on notification.
• Custom screen timeout after screen light up.
• Interact with the popup via slider or button based interface.
• For more details, please visit previous thread.
Features added new in v2

• Screen will not light up in pocket.
• Screen will light up if taken out of pocket within 10 sec of notification arrival.
• Proximity sensor check duration customization.
• Double tap slider to expand/shrink notification (4.1+)
• Lot of codes improved from loop based to event based. More battery friendly.
• Haptic feedback on slider and improved rendering code.
• Notifications open much faster and smoother with slider interface.
--More features planned for future updates.

Download from Play Store
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.anandbibek.notifyme

• Main screen
  • App's settings
  • Add app screen

[*]And an actual notification

The source code is also freely available under GPL license as original project https://github.com/anandbibek/notify_me
Due to my limited knowledge on github, I could not keep previous commits from TpmKranz's Eclipse based project while moving to gradle and Android Studio build structure. Hence I started a new repo with TpmKranz version as base.

Last edited:

anandbibek

May 18, 2013
Agartala
Changelog :
v 2.1.2
• Fix display light up problems
• Improve proximity sensor recognition
• Fix crashes on successive notification

v 2.1.1
• Fix memory usage of over 60MB. Should be under 20MB now.
• Disable aggressive and in call popup settings. Caused problems if turned on.
• Filtered out permanent and ongoing notifications. Should be better with blacklist mode.
• Disable icons in app chooser (temporary fix for crashes)

If you get too much notification popups, don't use blacklist mode. Or chose the culprit app, turn off "show popup" & "light up" options under its individual setting.

v 2.1.0
• Improved settings page
• Option to show all notifications. Individual apps can be configured for blacklisting by turning off all options or for specific preferences different from default config.

v 2.0.2
• Fix crashing while notification popup.

v 2.0.1
• Allow disabling proximity sensor check.

v 2.0.0 (build 200)

• Screen will light up if taken out of pocket within 10 sec of notification arrival.

Last edited:

anandbibek

May 18, 2013
Agartala
In this post I'd like to thank the original author TpmKranz for his splendid work on creating such an awesome app that perfectly suited to my needs and I hope is equally true for others. Thanks to him for keeping the app open source in true community spirit. That is what makes it possible for people like me to contribute to it, and also gain valuable knowledge in the process.

I wanted to have some extra features and that is what compelled me to work on the app. While adding the proximity sensor features, I figured out improvements for some parts of the code like changing loops to event based triggers. This was entirely for my personal taste and usage, but I've decided to share my work hoping people will find it useful.
And as per rules and community spirit, the source is once again open for all.

In future updates, I plan to bring blacklist support, multiple notification handling and other improvements, while keeping the app simple and minimalist as it is now.

I'm not a pro in android app development but this is my only 2nd big endeavor after Shareboard. So it's all a great learning opportunity for me in advanced android coding.
I welcome all suggestions and feedback and also help with the code if you could.

Last edited:
Reactions: TpmKranz

ohhdavid

Sep 7, 2009
Philadelphia
Google Pixel 6
Hey looks great so far! I desperately have needed an app that gives me notifications on the lock screen and have been very disappointed with the options so far.
Here's a few suggestions, if you don't mind:
  • Turn off the screen when you dismiss a notification instead of having it go to the lock screen.
  • Perhaps some option to remove the notification from the status bar if you dismiss it from the app
  • Have not used it enough to see its impact on battery but that is the nail in the coffin for any lock screen app
  • Again, still starting to use it but I hope it will remove the popup if the notification disappears (synced notifications on hangouts)

anandbibek

May 18, 2013
Agartala
Hey looks great so far! I desperately have needed an app that gives me notifications on the lock screen and have been very disappointed with the options so far.
Here's a few suggestions, if you don't mind:
  • Turn off the screen when you dismiss a notification instead of having it go to the lock screen.
  • Perhaps some option to remove the notification from the status bar if you dismiss it from the app
  • Have not used it enough to see its impact on battery but that is the nail in the coffin for any lock screen app
  • Again, still starting to use it but I hope it will remove the popup if the notification disappears (synced notifications on hangouts)

First of all, thanks for your reply. You're the one and only till now.

About your suggestions, yes they are very useful and good suggestions indeed. I'll try to implement them one by one.

About battery usage, I myself have an OCD about my mobile's battery drain. As far as I've used it, there hasn't been any significant idle drain.

I've seen reports of huge battery drain in previous thread, but in this version, I've improved the code and removed all wait loops and made it event based.

Please let me know how you feel about it after some days of usage

Last edited:

tiniwings

Mar 3, 2012
OnePlus 8
Hi, Thanks for updating / improving this app.
I am using this new version from past one week and so far didn't seen any battery drain, however I am facing an issue with screen light up.

The screen is not awaking / lights up for any notification even the mobile is not in pocket. Generally the screen light up will help me to know there is a new notification.. But in this case i am unable to notice it until I unlock the mobile.

The issue seems with proximity control, can you please provide an option to disable until it works properly.

Once again thanks.

PS: Did you posted regarding this new version in original thread?? Bz lot o them may don't know abt this new version.. It may be the reason for less traffic in thread.

Sent from Xperia P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

anandbibek

May 18, 2013
Agartala
Hi, Thanks for updating / improving this app.
I am using this new version from past one week and so far didn't seen any battery drain, however I am facing an issue with screen light up.

The screen is not awaking / lights up for any notification even the mobile is not in pocket. Generally the screen light up will help me to know there is a new notification.. But in this case i am unable to notice it until I unlock the mobile.

The issue seems with proximity control, can you please provide an option to disable until it works properly.

Once again thanks.

PS: Did you posted regarding this new version in original thread?? Bz lot o them may don't know abt this new version.. It may be the reason for less traffic in thread.

Thanks for the suggestion.
And I'll add the option to disable proximity sensor.
Just confirming, you have a Xperia P? And from when it is not working? Did it work with previous TpmKranz version?

EDIT: pushed an update with your requested feature. Let me know if it works for you

Last edited:
Reactions: tiniwings

whatsek

Nov 5, 2009
How does it cope with multiple notifications on lock screen?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Find 5 met Tapatalk

Reactions: pt0

anandbibek

May 18, 2013
Agartala

Multiple notification isn't handled in current version. It'd only show the last notification. All others will be there in your notification drawer.

I'm doing some work on it to possibly add it in a future update.

dogcmp6

Sep 18, 2010
I have been looking for something like this for a while, thanks and thanks for making it a free app

Sulaimanshariff

Aug 1, 2013
mysore
Probably in the future updates you would work on multiple as well i knw how hard thing this is the best thing is wake on notification works I used carbon kk on my Samsung galaxy grand I9082 because of that feature but then missed the tw cam and multi window reverted back now i can try your awesome app thanks a million brother!!! [emoji16][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk

Reactions: anandbibek

tiniwings

Mar 3, 2012
OnePlus 8
Hi, thanks for implementing the requested feature. Yes, I am using Xperia P, the proximity sensor is not working all time the screen is not lightning up every time. in previous version(1.9) we don't have this feature so screen will always lights up when ever there is a notification.

Once again thank you.

0kpkp0

Aug 23, 2012
I like the functionality of this app, I was trying to suggest to the PA team to expand peek this way, but they aren't interested, so i will share the concept i made with you too, maybe you can implement some of the concepts behind it, to simplify and polish the interface a little bit.

Link to my post.

Thx for the App.

Last edited:

TheArc

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jan 1, 2012
Auckland
Congrats on getting featured on the xda portal! This application is neat and has potential, just waiting for multiple noti's

squabbi

Jul 20, 2012
Sydney
Hey there! Multiple notifications would be awesome! I've quickly drawn up what it might look like. :)

e9era4y2.jpg

As for any bugs, the proximity sensor option isn't working for my HTC One with Sense 6. (Custom Rom)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Notify Me! v2 is a lockscreen notification rendering app

A better advanced version for devices running Android 4.3 or above is available from this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2804624

This new version contains some bug fixes, improvements and new features as an addition on the original project.

Features present since version 1.9.1 of project
    • Display notification popup on lockscreen
    • Turn on screen on notification.
    • Custom screen timeout after screen light up.
    • Interact with the popup via slider or button based interface.
    • For more details, please visit previous thread.
    Features added new in v2

Download from Play Store
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.anandbibek.notifyme

• Main screen
    • App's settings
    • Add app screen

[*]And an actual notification

The source code is also freely available under GPL license as original project https://github.com/anandbibek/notify_me
    Due to my limited knowledge on github, I could not keep previous commits from TpmKranz's Eclipse based project while moving to gradle and Android Studio build structure. Hence I started a new repo with TpmKranz version as base.
    If anyone's wondering if the project is dead, don't! As I'm already running an alpha version of the new app on my phone.

Unfortunately it'd be only for 4.3 or above, but it'd come with multiple notification handling, dismissing and other sweet stuffs.

ETA: Next month
    Hello everyone. After two months of hard work, my new app is live. And it has all the features that everyone asked from NotifyMe.

I've tried my best to keep it more functional than other notification apps in market.

Hope you like it. XDA thread : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2804624
    Changelog :
    v 2.1.2
    • Fix display light up problems
    • Improve proximity sensor recognition
    • Fix crashes on successive notification

v 2.1.1
    • Fix memory usage of over 60MB. Should be under 20MB now.
    • Disable aggressive and in call popup settings. Caused problems if turned on.
    • Filtered out permanent and ongoing notifications. Should be better with blacklist mode.
    • Disable icons in app chooser (temporary fix for crashes)

If you get too much notification popups, don't use blacklist mode. Or chose the culprit app, turn off "show popup" & "light up" options under its individual setting.

v 2.1.0
    • Improved settings page
    • Option to show all notifications. Individual apps can be configured for blacklisting by turning off all options or for specific preferences different from default config.

v 2.0.2
    • Fix crashing while notification popup.

v 2.0.1
    • Allow disabling proximity sensor check.

v 2.0.0 (build 200)

Multiple notification isn't handled in current version. It'd only show the last notification. All others will be there in your notification drawer.

I'm doing some work on it to possibly add it in a future update.