Android or Linux on HTC Hermes please HELP!!!

Search This thread

labrok

Oct 7, 2007
Patras
my friend there is none, and there will never be, hermes hardware is not enough for this upgrade. best for you to stay in wm 6.1! not even 6.5!!!

Reactions: lynxxx

Spardorp

Oct 5, 2009
Amsterdam
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Indeed, android can be run starting with the TyTN II, not with TyTN I/Hermes. Too low in memory and cpu.

I have the TYTN/Hermes. Tried wm6.5. It's nice but very memory consuming. Eventually ended up using wm6.1 roms.

igor45

Apr 19, 2008
Essential Phone
I agree w/Spardorp, Hermes resources would barely run Android.

Best to use a fast wm6.1 ROM then emulate the Android look with the use of skins/themes.

Reading the link that you provided re:Apache/Android you'll note that hardly anything useful yet works.

IOW, don't hold your breath. Until there's a "working" linux kernel for the Hermes, even a sluggish :eek: Android won't happen.

Last edited:
W

Wolf Pup

Just thought I'd say that I heard Android is a Linux distribution, or something like that. What I really heard was that Android is based on a Linux kernel. You can check for yourself here. Maybe if you got a really stripped down version of Linux you could put it on a Hermes somehow. What would be cool to is if you could modify a Hermes and install a high speed Micro SD card in side it, that can be used as RAM or something. I think they have that on a phone Called Omnia. I think it's called NAND. But anyway excuse any mistakes I have made, because I am only 11 years old.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    my friend there is none, and there will never be, hermes hardware is not enough for this upgrade. best for you to stay in wm 6.1! not even 6.5!!!