Thoughts on Anker 2800mAh extended battery?

Search This thread

Bladedwings

Feb 23, 2012
That's actually kind of strange. I figured the 1.5-2.0x was inaccurate since I only noticed a small increase in life, but the increase in life is still there. All it does is turn off connections when you're not using them, so I don't see how that could make life worse.

I think your battery/phone is trying to start conflict between us because whenever something comes up battery related, we have different experiences haha.

IRASadPanda

Dec 30, 2011
Johns Creek
That's actually kind of strange. I figured the 1.5-2.0x was inaccurate since I only noticed a small increase in life, but the increase in life is still there. All it does is turn off connections when you're not using them, so I don't see how that could make life worse.

I think your battery/phone is trying to start conflict between us because whenever something comes up battery related, we have different experiences haha.

Lol yeah, it would be better if you got a ton of notifications every few minutes, but if there are times where you won't get any for hours on end, but juice defender keeps waking up your phone every 30 minutes to check for nothing, it's wasting battery.

Sent from Narnia

Bladedwings

Feb 23, 2012
EDIT - going to bed. 29 and a half hours into first charge, at 30% currently. Will update tomorrow after work, once I 0 it out and recharge.
EDIT - 44 hours on first charge, almost exactly. Monday night at 7:47 to Wednesday afternoon at 3:51. Starting charge up now.

Do you mind posting a few screenshots of your battery usage once your phone is almost completely discharged?

Oct 11, 2011
Do you mind posting a few screenshots of your battery usage once your phone is almost completely discharged?

Sorry I've been away. Had some personal stuff going on.

Sure. One thing I've noticed is that my idle time seems to be kind of high, but I guess since I'm sleeping 8 hour nights at least twice, that may account for some of it.
Also it's weird that Temple Run and Draw Something show up, yet Defender 2, which I spend the most time playing doesn't appear on my list at all.

Eh. Whatever.

I'm at 19% now, so I'll probably screenshot it a little later today and get it up here.

Updated original post - http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=24984472&postcount=16

Last edited:

Bladedwings

Feb 23, 2012
BMW doesn't make any sense to you because you're on the wrong graph. Long-press the graph and then "Select Data" and then "Available(%)". That way it'll show the graph you would normally see if you were accessing the stock battery graph in your phone settings, except without resetting every time you shutdown/recharge your phone.

Your battery definitely seems better than my 3500mAh one, but I'm pretty much going to use it the same way; I'll use the stock for normal days, and the extended whenever I know I'm going to be doing a lot of stuff without access to a charger.

Oh and before I forget, BMW is completely inaccurate in estimating the capacity of my extended battery. They both read around 1500, yet the extended lasts me about 33-35h on relatively heavy use (my normal usage plus a lot of GPS) while the stock lasts about 20h on normal usage. The extended clearly has over 150% of the capacity my stock has, but BMW displays it as almost identical. I think I'm doing something wrong, but there isn't really much you can do in the first place, so I really don't know what's responsible for these readings

Last edited:
Reactions: sinister.dexter
Oct 11, 2011
BMW doesn't make any sense to you because you're on the wrong graph. Long-press the graph and then "Select Data" and then "Available(%)". That way it'll show the graph you would normally see if you were accessing the stock battery graph in your phone settings, except without resetting every time you shutdown/recharge your phone.

<snip>

Oh and before I forget, BMW is completely inaccurate in estimating the capacity of my extended battery. They both read around 1500, yet the extended lasts me about 33-35h on relatively heavy use (my normal usage plus a lot of GPS) while the stock lasts about 20h on normal usage. The extended clearly has over 150% of the capacity my stock has, but BMW displays it as almost identical. I think I'm doing something wrong, but there isn't really much you can do in the first place, so I really don't know what's responsible for these readings

Perfect! Thanks for the tip!

What's interesting to me is that after using it for a week, it finally started giving me estimates. But it estimated ~1800 mAh +/- 11%. But since it consistently gives me 36-44 hours of use, I'm going to say the battery is pretty close to "as advertised."

I can definitely say it doesn't report temperature. It's a constant "25.1" and we all know that's wrong.

I keep saying I'm going back to stock, but I haven't pulled it yet. lol.

Solace50

Jul 17, 2011
do these require a different cover to compensate for the increased battery size or does it work properly with the stock cover?

someone mentioned the stock case acts as a gps antenna which with the new baseband and all i removed the back panel and kinda wondered "where" the connectivity to the phone was because i see plastic. also it locked fine without the back cover so not sure what to make of that.

Last edited:

Bladedwings

Feb 23, 2012
do these require a different cover to compensate for the increased battery size or does it work properly with the stock cover?

someone mentioned the stock case acts as a gps antenna which with the new baseband and all i removed the back panel and kinda wondered "where" the connectivity to the phone was because i see plastic. also it locked fine without the back cover so not sure what to make of that.

The larger batteries do require a different case. They essentially double the thickness of your phone. As for the stock cover acting as an antenna, I don't know anything about that; this is actually the first time I've actually heard of this.

Oct 11, 2011

Yes, they require a larger back, which comes with the battery. See the review - http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=24984472&postcount=16

I have no idea how a plastic case would act as an antenna. This may be the case for some phone out there, but its certainly not the case with the G2x.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Right on also let us know if the temp sensor is present and working and of you want to get a accurate measurement of the actual mah rating try using battery monitor widget
    Hope it all goes well

Pin it to Win it.

Yup. Will do. I've seen a lot of people talk up battery monitor widget, so I installed it on my current battery to get used to how it works and so I have some old data to compare to.

I also started using Juice Defender. Hopefully that doesn't skew the data. Well, I guess technically it doesn't matter as long as it skews it the same way. :)

Anyway, Amazon currently estimates a Wednesday - Thursday arrival date of next week. I'll update asap!

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 PM ----------

Post pictures on how thick the battery is and how big the replacement door is! :)

lol will do. I'm guessing "ridiculously large." :p
    Ok.. got my battery last night! First off, the place that shipped it got it here on Monday when Amazon estimated Wednesday at first, then moved it to Friday. So I'm already impressed with the third party provider.

Photos are attached.

First is the G2x with regular battery (and no TPU case that I normally keep it in)
    Second is the 2800 mAh battery sticking in it for reference
    Third is with the 2800 mAh case on.

I charged to 100 yesterday, and it's been running for the last 23 ½ hours, and it's at 40% currently. I've been using the hell out of it too just trying to kill it: Draw Something, Defender, texts, google chats, email, WiFi on all the time (but again, JD is running).

It's obviously bottom-heavy now with this beast in it, so that's taking some getting used to. I actually like it when the phone is being held vertically, but it kind of drives me crazy when I'm holding it horizontally. I'm sure I'll get used to it.

One thing that screws with all my plans - LG released 2.3.4 update yesterday too before I knew this battery was here, so I unrooted, flashed the updated and re-rooted. I'm now running 2.3.4 stock/root rather than my EB AOSP ISC ROM I was running before. I thought I'd have 3-4 days before the battery was here.

Anyway, more updates as I manage to kill this thing and see how it goes.

EDIT - going to bed. 29 and a half hours into first charge, at 30% currently. Will update tomorrow after work, once I 0 it out and recharge.
    EDIT - 44 hours on first charge, almost exactly. Monday night at 7:47 to Wednesday afternoon at 3:51. Starting charge up now.

EDIT 3 - Uploading some usage photos. I think I'm an idiot when it comes to Battery Monitor Widget. Frankly most of this just doesn't mean anything to me, and the place I think I should see mAh estimate shows nothing. Anyway, this is normal daily usage - mostly some chatting, email, WiFi (because work appears to be build in some kind cellular Faraday Cage), lots of Draw Something, Temple Run and Defender 2. For some reason Defender doesn't show up.

Edit 4 - These screens were taken at 6%, and it easily could have lasted more time. I just wanted to charge it up and be done for the night.

Anyway, after a week or so of using this, I think it's a solid battery, but one that I'll probably pack away as a spare for weekend trips when I don't have access to a charger. I have dedicated chargers at home and work, so battery life isn't much of a concern.

For $12 I got this battery, a free USB "universal" card reader, and very fast shipping. Totally worth it.

Your battery definitely seems better than my 3500mAh one, but I'm pretty much going to use it the same way; I'll use the stock for normal days, and the extended whenever I know I'm going to be doing a lot of stuff without access to a charger.