Custom Recovery and Rom

Search This thread

chuck solid

May 7, 2010
i have managed to get root and unlocked BL but i can't for the life of me get a recovery loaded. tried cwm and twrp both via fastboot, twrp manager, rashr, and anything else i can think of. now i cant even boot into recovery via the hard buttons. phone still works so i don't think i'm that screwed but i might have borked my recovery. any thoughts out there?

Tech_Savvy

May 8, 2014
watertown
OnePlus 7T
i have managed to get root and unlocked BL but i can't for the life of me get a recovery loaded. tried cwm and twrp both via fastboot, twrp manager, rashr, and anything else i can think of. now i cant even boot into recovery via the hard buttons. phone still works so i don't think i'm that screwed but i might have borked my recovery. any thoughts out there?

use TWRP2710-RAZR_M-KITKAT.img in djhackers folder...easiest is use flashify app from the play store..

chuck solid

May 7, 2010
use TWRP2710-RAZR_M-KITKAT.img in djhackers folder...easiest is use flashify app from the play store..

sorry. forgot to mention that one. tried that one too and still nothing. whenever i try to boot into recovery it just sits on the 'warning BL unlocked' screen for a few then boots. i'm gonna try pulling the recovery from stock and see if i can put that back on.

mlauber

Sep 24, 2010
Roms

sorry. forgot to mention that one. tried that one too and still nothing. whenever i try to boot into recovery it just sits on the 'warning BL unlocked' screen for a few then boots. i'm gonna try pulling the recovery from stock and see if i can put that back on.

Ok I have everything ready, Rooted, BL unlocked, recovery loaded. I'm just searching for a Google Play Addition, or Vanilla Android, or a debloated or whatever that hell you want to call it ROM so I can get rid of all this crap. Anyone have any suggestions?

I know all of these ROMS are in pretty beta stage right now since we just got Root and BL unlock a few days ago.

xKroniK13x

May 15, 2014
Atlanta, GA
www.coreymccown.com
Ok I have everything ready, Rooted, BL unlocked, recovery loaded. I'm just searching for a Google Play Addition, or Vanilla Android, or a debloated or whatever that hell you want to call it ROM so I can get rid of all this crap. Anyone have any suggestions?

I know all of these ROMS are in pretty beta stage right now since we just got Root and BL unlock a few days ago.

Google Play Edition... Just a Google away. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2761322

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Reactions: secandRRe

CHRIST STARZ

Jun 24, 2014
Please can somebody help me

I am having the same issues everybody else is have no matter what i do i get stuck on the warning bootloader unlock screen then it boots up normally. Ive tried everything i see in this entire thread. Is there any fix to this? Please dont repeat anything thats already been posted because ive tried it all nothing changes still no recovery!!!

poppers162

Nov 4, 2012
I am having the same issues everybody else is have no matter what i do i get stuck on the warning bootloader unlock screen then it boots up normally. Ive tried everything i see in this entire thread. Is there any fix to this? Please dont repeat anything thats already been posted because ive tried it all nothing changes still no recovery!!!

You can only use TWRP recovery version 2.7.1.0 with the new bootloader (if you updated to 4.4 with the official Ota then you have the new bootloader). If you are still on jellybean, then you can use TWRP 2.7.0.0. If you download the file manually, you can use rashr, from the play store, and flash it. There's an option to choose zip from your storage.

Sent from my DROID RAZR M using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

CHRIST STARZ

Jun 24, 2014
Your AWESOME... LET ME SEE IF IT WORKS

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 07:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 AM ----------

Can you please leave me step by step instructions? Because I downloaded the link by pressing on the link with my razor m and it downloaded. Then I opened ROM installer app and flashed it...it read successful flash then inside of ROM installer I went to reboot recovery and it brought me back to the warning bootloader screen

poppers162

Nov 4, 2012
Your AWESOME... LET ME SEE IF IT WORKS

---------- Post added at 07:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 AM ----------

Can you please leave me step by step instructions? Because I downloaded the link by pressing on the link with my razor m and it downloaded. Then I opened ROM installer app and flashed it...it read successful flash then inside of ROM installer I went to reboot recovery and it brought me back to the warning bootloader screen

It should have worked. Try rebooting into recovery manually. Power off your phone, and then turn in back on by pressing the power button+volume down. Once a black and white screen appears, use the volume down button to hover over recovery and hit the volume up to select it. You can try re-downloading the file using a different link too. http://androidhosting.org/Devs/Dhacker29/msm8960/

It should be the file second from the bottom. With the numbers 2710 for TWRP

Last edited:

CHRIST STARZ

Jun 24, 2014
Ok I will try again. I've tried to as well just as the others stated in this thread. It's like the recovering option is dead or something. I don't think it's the twrp file I think it's the recovering option thats malfunctioning

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

poppers162

Nov 4, 2012
Ok I will try again. I've tried to as well just as the others stated in this thread. It's like the recovering option is dead or something. I don't think it's the twrp file I think it's the recovering option thats malfunctioning

That's weird. When I was on KK, it worked the first time. Have you tried flashing it via fastboot?

ezknives

Jul 21, 2013
That's weird. When I was on KK, it worked the first time. Have you tried flashing it via fastboot?

That first link you posted was for the RAZR HD if he has been flashing that I'm unsure as to what happens... But you did tell him it was second from the bottom so hopefully he grabbed that one... I would grab it again and try flashing with rashr

Sent from my XT907 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

CHRIST STARZ

Jun 24, 2014
I'm not sure what's going on but I have tried fastboot flash recovery nameoffile.Img then it appears to say failed but then the very in of the results say successful....so I dont know if it flash it or not really...I will post results when I get home...hope all of you had a very blessed 4th of July though

mjluber

Dec 19, 2009
Help with custom recovery

This is likely a NOOB question from a guy out of his depth.I'm currently running 4.4.2 system version 183.46.10 that was hacked from the moto G previous post gple...... Had to flash the stock 4.4.2 then flash to this. ROM working well. Lost my custom recovery. Tried every method listed above including RASHR and Flashify. No custom recovery seems to stick. Now seems to have lost stock recvoery. When I use the hard buttons and select recvoery stuck in boot loop and need to force to load. ROM still works after this failed recovery flash. I'v downloaded the TWRP and CWM from Dhacker29. TWRP 2710 and CWM 6.0.4.6. Don't understand the HTML file on the TWRP download. Have tried to rename it with img ending. Tried to load on internal storage. Tried to download directly to phone. Any help on what basic concept that I'm missing would be appreciated.

xKroniK13x

May 15, 2014
Atlanta, GA
www.coreymccown.com
This is likely a NOOB question from a guy out of his depth.I'm currently running 4.4.2 system version 183.46.10 that was hacked from the moto G previous post gple...... Had to flash the stock 4.4.2 then flash to this. ROM working well. Lost my custom recovery. Tried every method listed above including RASHR and Flashify. No custom recovery seems to stick. Now seems to have lost stock recvoery. When I use the hard buttons and select recvoery stuck in boot loop and need to force to load. ROM still works after this failed recovery flash. I'v downloaded the TWRP and CWM from Dhacker29. TWRP 2710 and CWM 6.0.4.6. Don't understand the HTML file on the TWRP download. Have tried to rename it with img ending. Tried to load on internal storage. Tried to download directly to phone. Any help on what basic concept that I'm missing would be appreciated.

If it's downloading an HTML file, it's probably getting a server error and saving that error as a webpage. Definitely your problem. If you bootloop in recovery, it's because it flashed this HTML file as your recovery and certainly won't know what to do.

Go on your PC and try downloading it, then email it to yourself or flash it using 'fastboot flash recovery yourrecovery.img'

Sent from my DROID RAZR M using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts