Odin and Heimdall won't flash odin?

Search This thread

XjokiX7

Jan 21, 2012
So I'm going to give my continuum later for my cousin who needs a phone. But before I do that I decided to bring it back to a stock rom (EC09) So then I can give it to him. But whenever I try flashing it with Odin it stops on the modem.bin then fails. tried different cables even a new one and still fail. so then I tried Heimdall to install the modem and kept getting error -12. and from what people say it's the same error. get a new cable, change it to another port, etc. I'm running out of ideas and wan't to fix it before I give it to him. The phone turns on but without modem there can be no service and what not and that's what I need. is there a way to install the modem from root explorer, adb, or something? Thanks in advance!

ciscogee

Aug 13, 2011
Wa State
You can extract modem from odin image.

Then find a modem (radio) cwm zip like from ec03 or 07.

Replace modem in 7zip and delete any other files in radio zip.

Flash via cwm

ciscogee

Aug 13, 2011
Wa State
I'm not sure if ec09 is real modem or dummy. I haven't grabbed files from my ext hd yet. But ec07 radio may work, some old schooler may know

trailblazer101

Dec 17, 2010
Pennsylvania
If I was you, I would go all the way back to the full DL17 package, then just OTA up to EC09...

I think I remember the radio being a dud in the EC09 package, so to be safe just do that, or flash the full EG04 package...

Sent from my SCH-I400 using xda premium

XjokiX7

Jan 21, 2012
If I was you, I would go all the way back to the full DL17 package, then just OTA up to EC09...

I think I remember the radio being a dud in the EC09 package, so to be safe just do that, or flash the full EG04 package...

Sent from my SCH-I400 using xda premium

Tried it with no success.. Always stops at the modem.bin and it stays frozen or it fails. Gonna give it a few more tries later just in case.

ciscogee

Aug 13, 2011
Wa State
I just flashed eg04 stock via odin and it hung on modem also.

I had efs clear and botloader update and repartition checked.

Tried twice (close odin, unplug, pull battery, put back in dl mode)

After 3 mins of hanging closed odin and plulled battery and booted in eg04.

Says I have radio. :)

Did u get urs up?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I figured, but you know what they say about look for the simple things first.

Sent from my SCH-I400 using xda app-developers app