Broke screen getting replacement

Search This thread

crbnfbr

Dec 14, 2013
I just cracked the screen on my i605 yesterday, and they're sending me a replacement today. What are the odds that it'll have 4.3 on it? Because, I'd really like to unlock the bootloader.

crbnfbr

Dec 14, 2013
I just cracked the screen on my i605 yesterday, and they're sending me a replacement today. What are the odds that it'll have 4.3 on it? Because, I'd really like to unlock the bootloader.

Just got my "new" replacement phone, and yep 4.3 on it. So, no unlocking the boot loader. Is there any way I can installed sophisticated ROM, or better yet CWM recovery?

lacoursiere18

Jan 9, 2013
LbTs
Just got my "new" replacement phone, and yep 4.3 on it. So, no unlocking the boot loader. Is there any way I can installed sophisticated ROM, or better yet CWM recovery?

No there is not at this moment.. sad to say:rolleyes:.. There is one option but it might cost you about a $100.. You could look online for a 4.1.2 motherboard for i605, the specific model.. it very simple to swap out..took me only about 15 mind and I have never done it before.. If your not comfortable PM me and I can recommend someone you can send it to that guarantees their work/parts for 3 months.. good luck man!:good:

crbnfbr

Dec 14, 2013
No there is not at this moment.. sad to say:rolleyes:.. There is one option but it might cost you about a $100.. You could look online for a 4.1.2 motherboard for i605, the specific model.. it very simple to swap out..took me only about 15 mind and I have never done it before.. If your not comfortable PM me and I can recommend someone you can send it to that guarantees their work/parts for 3 months.. good luck man!:good:

I actually tries "saferoot" and so far so good. I'm still waiting to see if it'll restore my data through Titanium Backup. Root checker does show it is rooted though.

I though about taking the mobo out of my cracked screen phone and swapping it once I booted this replacement and saw it was 4.3.

lacoursiere18

Jan 9, 2013
LbTs
I actually tries "saferoot" and so far so good. I'm still waiting to see if it'll restore my data through Titanium Backup. Root checker does show it is rooted though.

I though about taking the mobo out of my cracked screen phone and swapping it once I booted this replacement and saw it was 4.3.

Dude thats a GREAT idea! You should.. as long as it was not damaged with the phone..
You can root 4.3 just fine.. that is the same method I used when I did it.. Make sure evrything is installing properly and you have no errors when the script runs through..
If you need any helping swapping motherboard out.. Hit me up in a PM and I can maybe provide some pointers..

crbnfbr

Dec 14, 2013
Dude thats a GREAT idea! You should.. as long as it was not damaged with the phone..
You can root 4.3 just fine.. that is the same method I used when I did it.. Make sure evrything is installing properly and you have no errors when the script runs through..
If you need any helping swapping motherboard out.. Hit me up in a PM and I can maybe provide some pointers..

Is it just a matter of taking out all the baby silver screws, and connecting some ribbon cables? Also, will I still keepxmy CWM recovery and old sophisticated root?

I've done dzens of pc mobos but never a phone.

lacoursiere18

Jan 9, 2013
LbTs
Is it just a matter of taking out all the baby silver screws, and connecting some ribbon cables? Also, will I still keepxmy CWM recovery and old sophisticated root?

I've done dzens of pc mobos but never a phone.

Yes..thats all it takes.. Umm not to sure.. Whatever you had on your old one might still be there.. not sure if it resets or anything..

If you have done PC's then it should be no problem for you.. take your time..just smaller pieces..
Good Luck!:good::highfive:

crbnfbr

Dec 14, 2013
Yes..thats all it takes.. Umm not to sure.. Whatever you had on your old one might still be there.. not sure if it resets or anything..

If you have done PC's then it should be no problem for you.. take your time..just smaller pieces..
Good Luck!:good::highfive:

I've already sealed it up in the return envelope, but I'll cut it open for a chance to run a custom recovery and better root. I just don't think I can last a full year before my contracts up.

Even if it does reset my CWM backup I'd hope would restore everything.

lacoursiere18

Jan 9, 2013
LbTs
I've already sealed it up in the return envelope, but I'll cut it open for a chance to run a custom recovery and better root. I just don't think I can last a full year before my contracts up.

Even if it does reset my CWM backup I'd hope would restore everything.

Worse case scenario is just running CASUAL again and unlocking it. Let me know what happens:good:

crbnfbr

Dec 14, 2013
At the very least I'll at least I'll get my boot loader unlocked, CWM recovery and sophisticated rom all back.

Well, I swapped the old mobo with the new one. Now, neither the old mobo or new mobo works with the replacement phone. I made sure everything was connected the same way, but still it won't even power on.

crbnfbr

Dec 14, 2013
I watched the video. Battery was at like 90%. Now with the now mobo in the new phone if I hit the power button 3 times the LED will turn red, but when it's pliugged in charging it doesn't do anything.

I did leave the speaker and antenna from the new mobo in the replacement phone. Do I need to swap those too?

crbnfbr

Dec 14, 2013
I watched the video. Battery was at like 90%. Now with the now mobo in the new phone if I hit the power button 3 times the LED will turn red, but when it's pliugged in charging it doesn't do anything.

I did leave the speaker and antenna from the new mobo in the replacement phone. Do I need to swap those too?

I can now get the green LED light to come one with the new mobo and charger plugged in if I hold the power button, but that's all it will do.

lacoursiere18

Jan 9, 2013
LbTs
I can now get the green LED light to come one with the new mobo and charger plugged in if I hold the power button, but that's all it will do.

Sounds like something wasn't put together right.. I would start over and make sure all is connected properly.. And this motherboard was from same device correct? Not like one from tmobile, sprint etc ect Verizon to Verizon..

crbnfbr

Dec 14, 2013
Yeah, it was from a i605 I got two weeks short of a year ago. I also agree about something not being put together right. I'm going to swap the antenna and speaker too.

lacoursiere18

Jan 9, 2013
LbTs
Well, I've made some progress. It boots up with the blue LED and I can hear the Verizon chime, but I get absolutely nothing on the screen. It's completely black.

Weird sounds like something is not hook up to the screen? You didn't force it open and mess the screen up right..:eek:

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

crbnfbr

Dec 14, 2013
I'm thinking I must have messed up a ribbon cable by accident. The insurance company is going to send me a new one, and I'll just keep the locked bootloader and "saferoot" so I can use Titanium Backup and Rom Toolbox.

Top Liked Posts