[Q] battery life of CM7, Bumblebee and mokee

Search This thread

whyzee

Oct 15, 2011
Chennai
can anybody who used all three of the roms comment on the battery life of these ROMS? how do they compare against each other?

cheezzzz

Nov 29, 2011
can anybody who used all three of the roms comment on the battery life of these ROMS? how do they compare against each other?

im not one to say I have used all 3, ive only used CM7. it was good. actually even MIUI is good but u gotta know how to find your wakelocks with betterbatterystats. that way you can optimize battery life regardless of whatever rom you're on.

I could go 1-2 days on my MIUI currently FR rom, moderate usage, all my syncs are off, i manually refresh for notifications.

Reactions: whyzee

whyzee

Oct 15, 2011
Chennai
im not one to say I have used all 3, ive only used CM7. it was good. actually even MIUI is good but u gotta know how to find your wakelocks with betterbatterystats. that way you can optimize battery life regardless of whatever rom you're on.

I could go 1-2 days on my MIUI currently FR rom, moderate usage, all my syncs are off, i manually refresh for notifications.

What do you mean "but u gotta know how to find your wakelocks with better batterystats" ? I usually dont have anything running in the background...

vivekb

Jul 27, 2011
Mumbai
I have used CM 7, all MIUI, Lewa, and Mokee, and Ice BlacK too

In my view
1. CM7 have better battery life (but as I use to play 3 D games I won't prefer)
2. Second is Galnet MIUI, built by elol, decent battery life with good performance.
3. Third is Mokee, It is the best ROM for gamer and for others too who don't use to play game. It almost serve me for whole day with games, music and all mail, FB, Linkedin sync on for 24 hrs. :D

Delhi-Boy's

Apr 18, 2012
For me best choice is "Bumblebee" it's really a stable ROM and give's really great battery life, Best in which i have used.
In term's of Gaming this ROM is really great, it give's games extra smoothness to Game's by increasing FPS with help of it's new GPU derive.
This all make this ROM as my daily use ROM.

cheezzzz

Nov 29, 2011
What do you mean "but u gotta know how to find your wakelocks with better batterystats" ? I usually dont have anything running in the background...

google xda betterbatterystats. download the app and follow the thread, those are uber battery sensitive people in the community.

so you manually sync all your apps as well? even calendar? and leave gtalk signed out?

wakelocks are what keeps the phone away from entering deep sleep. from the betterbatterystats app, if u see ur device entering 96% and above Deep Sleep after a night's full charge and allowed to idle, then good job, no matter what rom ur running u should be doing it right.

wakelocks are what cause a battery drain even when your phone is off idle while u sleep. it isnt only about background apps.

Last edited:
Reactions: whyzee

Arya_3RDNumber

Feb 26, 2012
LG V20
Yes,,I was use betterbatterystats,,I have managed all wakelocks and partial too,,it's give me battery life more time
But battery use info from setting doesn't change,,still give me "Android System" for highest % deal,,

Sent from my CSL-MI410 using Tapatalk 2

whyzee

Oct 15, 2011
Chennai
Yes,,I was use betterbatterystats,,I have managed all wakelocks and partial too,,it's give me battery life more time
But battery use info from setting doesn't change,,still give me "Android System" for highest % deal,,

flash stock rom and see if the problem persists. If it does return your phone and get a new one. You've got no other go!!!

cheezzzz

Nov 29, 2011

post your dump here. and also at the BBS thread where u got the app.

so unless you are getting 96% and above deep sleep, id say you have not completely managed your wakelocks yet. also what are your governor and i/o scheduler settings? OC'ed at? do you have a screen off profile to lower clock speed when screen off?

battery use info may show that, but most important is u charge your phone to full, let it discharge while u sleep and wake up next day, OBTAIN 96% DEEP SLEEP OR HIGHER. figure out what are the wakelocks in BBS. if BBS is managed correctly, even if your android system is using highest %, no big deal, more importantly your battery isn't draining like mad.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have used CM 7, all MIUI, Lewa, and Mokee, and Ice BlacK too

In my view
    1. CM7 have better battery life (but as I use to play 3 D games I won't prefer)
    2. Second is Galnet MIUI, built by elol, decent battery life with good performance.
    3. Third is Mokee, It is the best ROM for gamer and for others too who don't use to play game. It almost serve me for whole day with games, music and all mail, FB, Linkedin sync on for 24 hrs. :D

google xda betterbatterystats. download the app and follow the thread, those are uber battery sensitive people in the community.

so you manually sync all your apps as well? even calendar? and leave gtalk signed out?

wakelocks are what keeps the phone away from entering deep sleep. from the betterbatterystats app, if u see ur device entering 96% and above Deep Sleep after a night's full charge and allowed to idle, then good job, no matter what rom ur running u should be doing it right.

wakelocks are what cause a battery drain even when your phone is off idle while u sleep. it isnt only about background apps.