Razr M Launcher,Circle Widgets , Notification Count, and few stock app on Raz

Search This thread

psyhound

Nov 26, 2010
facebook.com
Gave up from this one... started lagging as hell! Well, I hope I'll get myself RAZR M or HD next year so I'll be able to enjoy this launcher. :)

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

MichaelMcC

Sep 11, 2011
so I have the razr m that has been updated to jelly bean. I love the phone and circles widgete but...
1) the weather doesn't actually pull my "current location" it pulls a town 6 miles from where I am. NO One (motorola, verizon or accuweather) can explain why nor fix it. Is it a petty thing YES, but very annoying. I have all location services selected and even unselected and reselected to see if any changes. NONE. any ideas?
2) doesn't update to well and no refresh button( now on motorola site it shows that with the jelly bean update its supposed to refresh but I can't get it too.

I appreciate all that you guys do to on the forum, What a wealth of information! Thanks in advance for any help you can offer :D

I've noticed if I have VZW Location Services on in locations it will use the cell tower location for the Weather location. I turn it off and it gives me the correct location. My tower is 5 miles away. The only time I turn VZW Location on is if I am traveling and I want current local weather from the closest tower.

scrappin45

Mar 29, 2012
I've noticed if I have VZW Location Services on in locations it will use the cell tower location for the Weather location. I turn it off and it gives me the correct location. My tower is 5 miles away. The only time I turn VZW Location on is if I am traveling and I want current local weather from the closest tower.

Thanks for the post. I've too tried this unfortunately, I still get the same damn wrong town! I give up even Motorola can't explain it.

supermario3

Dec 16, 2010
Launcher is a little bit lagging. But it's ok to me. I like this clock and quicksettings. It's like a new phone. :)
Edit: I copied the apk in system/app and did the permission thing. Than I installed the launcher and circle widget worked. When I reboot the phone I have to reinstall the launcher otherwise circle widget dosnt work. Is this normal??

Last edited:

PC9850

Nov 28, 2012
Just got done implementing all these neat upgrades and resolving the GPS toggle / Circles Widget bug with the lib file fix. The only bug left, and I'm surprised no one else has mentioned it, is when adding widgets now, every time I drop it where I want it my action is cancelled and a buggy list of widgets to choose from comes up. They are all blank with emblems, and you have to touch and hold them for the words to show up. Anyone else have this quirk? EDIT: Pushing Homescreen.apk to system/app and setting permissions resolved this bug.

Another question, admittedly noobish. Whenever the JellyBean upgrade rolls around, will all these tweaks we're doing foul it up?

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2012
Ever since I ran through this exercise, I haven't been able to get the circles widget to work. It used to just say, problem loading widget. I just tried it again, and it came up with this error: "The Circles widget is not supported on 3rd party home screens." It says this "under" the "problem loading widget" message. I don't have a 3rd party home screen, I have the home screen from the Razr M as described in this thread. Any thoughts on how to fix this?

hansip87

Jan 14, 2011
Jakarta
Really like to try this one out, but i really hope that i don't have to change the launcher.. The RAZR stock launcher is fine so far..

I have a question, Beside Circle Widget, does any other apk require the Launcher? And will the new gallery not break the motocast app? Thanks a bunch :)

Last edited:

artur0588

Apr 1, 2012
Kharkiv
Ever since I ran through this exercise, I haven't been able to get the circles widget to work. It used to just say, problem loading widget. I just tried it again, and it came up with this error: "The Circles widget is not supported on 3rd party home screens." It says this "under" the "problem loading widget" message. I don't have a 3rd party home screen, I have the home screen from the Razr M as described in this thread. Any thoughts on how to fix this?

You need open razr m homescreen.apk and locate lib folder, unzip 2 files inside and put in system/lib folder with rw/r/r permissions.

Reactions: ArtieTheOneManParty

hansip87

Jan 14, 2011
Jakarta
Just want to confirm that i have tried to install any other apk and the ones that don't work correctly without custom home are quick view and widgets and weather. Messaging and camera works perfectly. Thx a bunch OP!

Sent from my XT910 using xda app-developers app

sangweb

Feb 8, 2008
I've installed google now on my Razr Maxx and it can be activate from the search on the phone. Is there a way to activate this using the search from this M Launcher? It looks like I cannot remove the google search from the M Launcher so I would like to activate the google when press on the search screen instead of the normal google search. TIA

hansip87

Jan 14, 2011
Jakarta
inject it manually to /system.

Btw if anybody needs some apk from RAZR M, please PM me, i have downloaded the full dump but not aware what's cool what's not.. ;)

Nizen054

Sep 25, 2008
inject it manually to /system.

Btw if anybody needs some apk from RAZR M, please PM me, i have downloaded the full dump but not aware what's cool what's not.. ;)

Thank you!
and about the rest,
is there new phone and contacts apk's?

---------- Post added at 01:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------

Can you upload al the apk's to the server?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update for Jelly Bean

Haven't update this thread for so long since I don't own a Razr anymore. For easier installation, flash the attached zip in recovery. This will update to the Jelly Bean launcher. This is for Jelly Bean only and will only work with Jelly Bean. Best of luck to everyone.

Link: http://d-h.st/eSf

Credit to OG post : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2132432
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    As last night I found out most of the apps and launcher on the Motorola Razr M can be install on the Droid Razr pretty easily. So here is the full instruction on how to get those apps on your Razr :D.

* Work on any custom ROM, CM9, CM10 or tablets

1. Go to system/app and rename the following file:

Weather.apk to Weather.bak

MotGallery.apk to MotGallery.bak

BlurCamera.apk to BlurCamera.bak

2. Download and installation:

Laucher: http://www.mediafire.com/?vac3w2o3ez4e8f7

- Copy launcher to system/app
    - Set permission to RW-R-R
    - Tap on the the file just copied and do a double installation to overwrite system app (this way Circle Widgets will work/ even after reboot, GPS toggle wont force close)

Circle Widget 3D: http://www.mediafire.com/?za571x2hm3rm2fm
    - Install as normal app if fail push to system and set permission

Weather: http://www.mediafire.com/?qnfx8x5w3bassy3
    - Install as normal app if fail, copy to system and set permission (only fail because you didn't follow my tutorial) ;)

Gallery: http://www.mediafire.com/?2lo0p6ig9cwi4pg
    - Copy to system/app and set permission to RW-R-R

Camera: http://www.mediafire.com/?9zcbh423ttwe9we
    -Copy to system/app and set permission to RW-R-R

Messaging: http://www.mediafire.com/?al3n9i9k5213i1a
    - Install as normal app, if fail push to system and rename existing Messaging.apk to Messaging.bak before copy to system app and set permission

Email: http://www.mediafire.com/?7jxaw9xqncjhurw
    - Install as normal app

QuickView (notification count): http://www.mediafire.com/?s1ksmudp69aho5m
    - Copy to system/app and set permission to RW-R-R

A few apps will disappear from the app drawer (such as Gallery) after the installation just give your phone a reboot and hola you have a brand new phone ;)

Razr fan from Canada
    Done!!

Links are now posted on first post. Picture coming soon, please hit thanks if I help you out :D

you saved my day! after count less hours of troubleshooting between gps toogle fail and circle widgets fail, the lib files did the job!!!!

instructions for noobs

1. make a copy of homescreen.apk
    2. change the .apk extension to .zip
    3. extract using winrar or winzip
    4. locate the files 'libnative_renderer.so' & 'libtexture_mem.so' inside the folder 'armeabi' under lib folder
    5. copy both files to system\lib folder and overwrite any existing files and set permissions rw r r
    6. REBOOT
    7. Install 3d circles and weather in any order
    8 Enjoy!:angel:

Working flawlessly on my Atrix 2

Coming soon(i still cant make work boths gps toggle and circle widget at same time, is one or another...)

For those who have the above mentioned disaster, try the steps above

---------- Post added at 09:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 AM ----------

Hey,

Everything seems to be working great, thanks for this. Circle widgets always shows an error regarding 3rd party apps, I've tried installing homescreen, circled and weather a few different times with no dice. Let me know if there is anything else simple I can try to fix this.

1. make a copy of homescreen.apk
    2. change the .apk extension to .zip
    3. extract using winrar or winzip
    4. locate the files 'libnative_renderer.so' & 'libtexture_mem.so' inside the folder 'armeabi' under lib folder
    5. copy both files to system\lib folder and overwrite any existing files and set permissions rw r r
    6. REBOOT
    7. Install 3d circles and weather in any order
    8 Enjoy!

Working flawlessly on my Atrix 2
    The problem people has with the widget is that the logcat wasn't checked... in order to get it working correctly you need to pull the libs inside homescreen.apk(don't delete them!) and push them to lib folder with rw-r--r-- permissions. Then push the circle apk and finally the weather apk. You don't need to reinstall it from system.
    New tutorial is posted in original post. Now with Email and Text Messaging notification count. Guarantee 100 % success and functional, please hit Thanks for my hard work :D