QuickDesk Beta

Search This thread

x.v_

Apr 4, 2009
This is probably one of the best apps I have seen in a long time!

1. Get it on the market
2. Set as default home
3. Set the home you were using before in settings
4. Double tap home anywhere and see a mini homescreen!

It's VERY similar to Apple's overlay feature on Macs (middle button) which lets you put widgets and access them at any time.

Try it out!

http://www.droid-life.com/2010/06/21/quickdesk-beta-hits-android-market/
^some pictures and a little more info

nfcrockett

Dec 24, 2009
Indianapolis
YES! Exactly what I need when I walk outside and bam the sunlight hits the screen, press home twice to access the power control widget and turn the brightness up, never even leaving the app I was in! I love Faruq Rasid's work, first the HelixLaunchers and now QuickDesk!

x.v_

Apr 4, 2009
This is pretty slick.

Nice job!
I didn't make it or anything, if that was directed to me. Just sharing! :p

YES! Exactly what I need when I walk outside and bam the sunlight hits the screen, press home twice to access the power control widget and turn the brightness up, never even leaving the app I was in! I love Faruq Rasid's work, first the HelixLaunchers and now QuickDesk!
Same here! It's perfect! :)

krelvinaz

Feb 20, 2008
Mesa AZ
If you didn't set it up properly, it says you can clear defaults in your Android applications settings if the popup doesn't appear.

Where exactly is that. I don't want to end up clearing the wrong stuff.

breathtakingevil

Apr 26, 2010
I don't know if this is just me... because I haven't seen anyone else complain.

It looks like a very nice concept, but my phone would lag all over the place when I used this app. When I would select applications some would be unresponsive and when I would select from a list, the highlight would flicker... Did I do something wrong? Should I just try reinstalling it?

**edit... I tried reinstalling it... I encountered the same problem again. But then I messed with some of the settings and it worked fine. Great app!

Last edited: