Backporting "Text Fiction" to Android 2.1

Search This thread

onyxbits

Dec 29, 2012
www.onyxbits.de
Hi,
having a discussion with rcmeredith over at this thread whether or not it would be worth supporting Android 2.1 in Text Fiction (interactive fiction player). I did a hackjob backport(*) as a test to see how much trouble it would be. Unfortunately, the amount of extra work is considerable, so I'm looking for input if continued support is something I should do.

(*) Using the "Import" menuitem will crash the app (either pass them over directly from your browser or copy the files manually). Also note that "smooth scrolling" is available from the settigns but doesn't have any actual effect.

richardcoop

Jan 13, 2014
Hi,
having a discussion with rcmeredith over at this thread whether or not it would be worth supporting Android 2.1 in Text Fiction (interactive fiction player). I did a hackjob backport(*) as a test to see how much trouble it would be. Unfortunately, the amount of extra work is considerable, so I'm looking for input if continued support is something I should do.

(*) Using the "Import" menuitem will crash the app (either pass them over directly from your browser or copy the files manually). Also note that "smooth scrolling" is available from the settigns but doesn't have any actual effect.
There already is "Son of Hunky Puck" here: http://bit.ly/Mdr4sC which does interactive fiction on Android 2.1 supporting both Z-machine and TADS.

It might be similar.