Search This thread

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor / XDA Welcome Team
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
is there something specific that needs to be done then for cdma? because when i flash them using the instructions in safestrap it boots up and everything but there is no service on cdma and i dont have a global sim so i have no idea if gsm works or not?

the jellyean roms require a sim card even for cdma, at least they did, don't think that has been fixed. I even had to unlock sim to get them to work.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk

Reactions: jam0688

jam0688

Jun 27, 2012
Arkansas
oh ok. how do you unlock the sim to where itll work with other carrier sim cards? i tried a tmobile sim card and it asks for a sim card unlock code and if i got a verizon sim card it shouldnt ask for that right?

sd_shadow

Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
Reactions: jam0688

hanlincn

Feb 14, 2009
sorry , how can i update to this ROM from 2.3.4 of rooted official Verizon 890 ROM?

sd_shadow

Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
sorry , how can i update to this ROM from 2.3.4 of rooted official Verizon 890 ROM?
2.3.4 is the android version, 890 is short for the system version see menu>settings>about phone>system version
906 is the latest, you can not downgrade 906 to 890
see my system info screenshot

---------- Post added at 11:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 AM ----------

ok misread

---------- Post added at 11:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 AM ----------

you need to install safestrap

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 AM ----------

see my safestrap links

T

Tquetski

Checking in to say hello and explain the lack of updating to this.

The initial build for this device was pushed to check codebase compatibility; as of right now I also want to fork Lewa OS5 around as well, then 4.4 V6 which isn't officially out but w/e **** it right

I've added this device to 'supported' and it's made it beyond the initial batch test I pushed out, you guys will def. get LewaOS and 4.4 MI in the forseeable

Silkmeister1

Jun 15, 2013
Earth
Hey guys I have had multiple issues with the Verizon 3 CDMA (using it on GSM and vice versa) here are some tips to make it work:

JUST TO LET YOU KNOW! YOU CAN FLASH BACK TO 890 IF YOU ARE ON 906. PETER SOUZA WROTE A SCRIPT FOR THIS. JUST RUN THESE COMMANDS AS ADINISTRATOR
I HAVE ATTACHED THIS. file->download and just extract all to a folder https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwaOq-qBGur0bzlySWpycF9rTmc/edit?usp=sharing

here is what i learned

use the following link for some of the more complicated things to edit (such as build.prop etc)
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1845243
1) if you are using a droid 3 on Verizon, call Verizon and ask to speak with the manager. Tell them you have a "global droid 3" that is not working globally -the sim card you put in asked for a code that you don't know... then threaten to hold them accountable for selling a phone that doesn't live up to its name!
After that, they should offer you a free unlock code.if not DEMAND IT FROM THEM. That's how i got mine.
don't pay 19.95 or 29.95 to these sites that provide unlock codes when you can force Verizon to give it to you.
2) if you are rooted, safe-strapped, and use a custom Rom you have to tweak the build prop.
3)the one thing that helped me most was to open the dialer and dial *#*#4636#*#* Click Phone Information -> scroll down to the drop down box and select CDMA ONLY for CDMA (or CDMA/something)and for GSM use either WCDMA ONLY or GSM AUTO (pril)

regards Silkmeister1

Last edited:
Reactions: MReinke

Top Liked Posts