[Q] What are the Benefits of rooting Z2?

Search This thread

kanekanekane

Jun 3, 2014
Hi All,

I have seen allot written about rooting.

My question is, as things stand, what are the current benefits of rooting?

Thanks

Viresh

strongylad28

Jun 10, 2012
What do you mean with camera mods?

Basically it gives you the option to do things you normally couldn't. Install custom software. Delete apps that normally can't be deleted. Modifications to things like camera (eg the phone currently only uses 8mp in superior auto, but the mod allows it to use 20mp in superior) all kinds of tweaks and stuff that without root access, you wouldn't be able to install. Root is like a superuser that allows anything to be done to the device. Imagine a work computer that you can't install things on without administrator access. Rooting removes the "administrator" access to let you do whatever you want.

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app

The Gunner

Jun 14, 2011
Italy
Basically it gives you the option to do things you normally couldn't. Install custom software. Delete apps that normally can't be deleted. Modifications to things like camera (eg the phone currently only uses 8mp in superior auto, but the mod allows it to use 20mp in superior) all kinds of tweaks and stuff that without root access, you wouldn't be able to install. Root is like a superuser that allows anything to be done to the device. Imagine a work computer that you can't install things on without administrator access. Rooting removes the "administrator" access to let you do whatever you want.

yes yes, i understand the question of rooting, i asked you for camera because mine (and most of all Z2) have problems with focus in camera, and for the 20mp i suggest to use only in 8mp, the 20mp looks very bad quality.

strongylad28

Jun 10, 2012
yes yes, i understand the question of rooting, i asked you for camera because mine (and most of all Z2) have problems with focus in camera, and for the 20mp i suggest to use only in 8mp, the 20mp looks very bad quality.

I think mainly that's because it's manual mode only in 20mp and getting the settings right for Joe public is impossible. However if it was superior auto where it does it for you, I imagine the 20mp would be amazing

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What do you mean with camera mods?