[Q] Medion Lifetab S-7852 ROOT

Search This thread

daddlefan

Oct 1, 2013
is there anyone who can help me what to do to root the medion lifetab i tryed but dont understand what to do german and english not.... hope someone can help me :eek:
grtz Martino:good:

At least you should add which language you need! Well, independantly you have to find someone who can explain/translate the english tutorial for you! Try google-translation! But I can't post in all desired languages.
It's in the Spoiler at the end of the german rooting tut . daddlefan

martinodex

Oct 8, 2014
re

Prefer dutch but dont fhink u can?:s or some quik steps easy english ..dificult guide for me the english one :s

daddlefan

Oct 1, 2013
Prefer dutch but dont fhink u can?:s or some quik steps easy english ..dificult guide for me the english one :s
Nederlandse tutorial for kkorc!

1. Maak een Linux-USB Stick, min. 8GB , maak gebruik voor de stick van LiNUX LiVE USB CREATOR, neem Kubuntu Trusty Tahr 32-bit, en in USB-Creator de maximale persistenz instellen-daar is een schuif-regelaar, of je neemt een 32-bit vaste Installatie, deze booten, Network starten en kkorc downloaden; of van te voren in Windows downloaden en later met file-explorer in Linux-folder /Downloads verschuiven. dan moet je geen Network in Linux opzetten!

2. Breng je Tab in flash-mode: Tab moet uit zijn, USB connected, dan met Vol.+ toets neerpersen en vergezeld daarmee voor ongeveer 4 sec. Power-toets persen > beeldscherm moet donker blijven , geen android-robot or accu-icon mag opkomen, anders ben je niet in flashmode; als de Tab booted en de Lifetab-lijn zou opkomen, onderbreek met 8 sec. Power-toets persen tot het uitgaat; geen accu-icon zal nu opkomen, zo kun je meteen de toets-kombinatie herhalen, dit keer mag je de Power-toets naast de neergeperste Vol.+ maar voor 2-3 sec neerpersen > beeldscherm moet donker blijven- controle voor flash-modus zie volgende lijn

3. Start in Linux een terminal (console) en schrijf aan het prompt-teken $: lsusb > het moet dan ongeveer zo uitzien:
Code:
kubuntu@kubuntu:~$ [COLOR="Blue"]lsusb[/COLOR]
Bus 007 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 005 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
[COLOR="Blue"]Bus 002 Device 005: ID 2207:310b[/COLOR]  
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 090c:1000 Silicon Motion, Inc. - Taiwan (formerly Feiya Technology Corp.) Flash Drive
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Deze blauwe lijn moet daar staan > Bus 00x Device 00y: ID 2207:310b, (bus en device-cijfers kunnen wisselen) dan is jouw tab in flash-modus
Wissel naar de Downloads-folder, in deze folder moet kkorc geplaatst worden >
kubuntu@kubuntu:~$cd Downloads > return
kubuntu@kubuntu:~/Downloads$ Kijk uit voor engelse schrijf-layout, Y en Z geruild, bevoor je begint moet je - en / zoeken met een paar test-tekens of cijfers in de Teminal schrijven

4. Schrijf aan de prompt ($) in de terminal een na het ander folgende orders, tussendoor na elke lijn return
$: sudo sh - > prompt wisselt naar #, attentie, een leege afstand(space) tussen sh en -
#: chmod 0777 kkorc > als het goed gaat komt zonder een info de enkele prompt '#' terug > daaraan schrijf je
#: ./kkorc -zbackup
Nou schrijft 'kkorc' een backup-file _all.bin.gz in je Downloads-folder, ongeveer 850-900MB > daarna rooten met
#: ./kkorc -root
Duurt ongeveer 10 - 16 min., helemaal niets aan de PC , Tablet of de verbindings-lijn doen > Geduldig blijven
Als daar '#: Done' staat is je tablet gerooted en het bootet. Maar als het uitgaat, USB-verbinding aftrekken en normaal starten.
Hartelijk gefeliciteerd!

Last edited:

willeyeam246

Jun 3, 2016
Hi there us just use Kongo root. I accidentally uninstalled android system and I need someone to back up their system or stock and send it to willeyeam246@outlook.com I have a median lifetab s7851/2 it says s7852 on the back but the is showed s7851 so I'm unsure but I need stock quick if anyone can do this

---------- Post added at 04:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

Hi there us just use Kongo root. I accidentally uninstalled android system and I need someone to back up their system or stock and send it to willeyeam246@outlook.com I have a median lifetab s7851/2 it says s7852 on the back but the is showed s7851 so I'm unsure but I need stock quick if anyone can do this

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    S-7852 root

I'm interested too. Someone?

Hi guys.....Here is the way to root the beast ;)

http://www.android-hilfe.de/medion-lifetab-s7852-forum/586593-s7852-root-unroot-backup-tools.html

All thanks to daddle......:good::good::good::good::good:
    Hi daddle, and thanks for your work!

We understand that the guide has to be in German, but it's a pity for us who do not speak German. The translation by Google is often strange and difficult to understand. Anyway, I have already an USB stick with Linux, and I will try to root the tablet today. With some luck, I will understand the parts of the guide that are still obscure for me, and I will try to translate the guide if everything goes well. I'll show you a draft before publication, as requested.

If someone else wants to translate the guide, please let me know. I'm probably not the right person to do that work, because English is not my native language, and my English is not always perfect. But anyway, it will be more understandable than the Google translation! ;)
    Hi, sorry for this. 1) Make a new download and try again!

2. Are you sure your Live-CD- Linux Version is able to write to your hard disk? /media/ c:\folderxxx?

The message says it could not download your image to your hard disk, I guess. The image is inbetween written to your

USB-Stick/ Harddisk to be manipulated with root-binarys, for this your hard-disk must have an fat32-Partititon, like on the usb-stick.

To boot from usb-stick you have to change boot-priority in bios! It is the approved method!

And don't be worried, ikkorc will not brick., daddle
    Thanks for your reply, but I've managed to have it working without your help. This time with great success! :)
    Anyway, you are at least partially right. The kkorc program needs some disc space, and I guess it has used the RAM disc mounted by default when the Linux Live CD is used. But my RAM is limited to 4GB and that was probably not sufficient to hold the backup and the image of the system disc. When I have tried the second time, I did not the backup again (since I have it already), and therefore kkorc had enough disc space to complete the process.

For info, here is what is printed to the console (after the logo and the warning) when everything goes well:
    Code:
    -=> [[ rooting system ]]
    * check for device...found
    * write test...pass
    * prepare /system...done
    done
    * injection...done
    * modify /system...done
    * rebooting device...done
    #
    And indeed, the tablet reboots automatically. (Note that the App Store has to update the SuperSU app, because the version installed automatically by kkorc is already obsolete. So, don't rush to test if the tablet is correctly rooted, because it may not work during the update. After the update, everything should be OK.)

Since everything worked well, I'll try to translate the guide, but please be patient. I have to work in my garden for some hours...
    Well thats the correct analyzing, the basic prob is the disk space as I said. But you managed finally after I posted my suggestions! And I was not only partially right! That's why I said you need a fat32-partition, because ram-disk size is critical low. And "without my help" is a little bit a joke, I published the whole thing!
    Oh, well, I did not mean that you were useless! It's just that I've read your post after having solved the disc space issue myself. Also, you were right on the cause of the problem: lack of disc space. But the process works fine, even without disc access in read/write mode, because apparently, 4GB of RAM disc is just sufficient to store the Linux stuff and everything necessary to root the tablet, but without the backup. Anyway, thanks again for your help and your guide.

Second the su-binarys are not "obsolete", if I understand the meaning of "obsolete" correctly, Root works with them without problems! Only the app forces you to update, in case you want to change root-permissions in the app!
    Obsolete might not be the right term. I have explained that English is not my native language. But as soon as the tablet has finished booting (with root enabled for the first time), the Google Play Store updates silently the SuperSU app, and that takes some time. I suppose that it updates it because the version installed by kkorc is not the latest. Hence the word "obsolete". That doesn't mean that it doesn't work. (However, if, like me, you try an app requiring root when the Play Store is still busy replacing the SuperSU app, you can't get it to work, and that may give the incorrect impression that the tablet is not correctly rooted. It's not a big problem, but I just wanted to let the other users know.)

Third, the USB-Stick provides only 4gig space as well, except OS, the -zbackup utilizes 850MB, the image.tmp aprox. max 1.5 gig, with the latest update even less, and it works there. So where is your space gone to? All for your linux Live-CD-OS? Does it take more then 1.5 gig? Well I never used a Live-CD, too slow in booting, critical in ramdisk-size, so it might be.
    I don't know what has used my memory the first time, but it is a fact that root has not been applied, apparently due to a lack of memory.

I would greatly appreciate if you manage to translate, but please be so kind, as said above, send me the translation before publishing via PM on Android-Hilfe.to evtl correct minor misunderstandings.
    Read your PMs here. I've just posted a draft of the translation. As soon as you will validate it, I will post it in this thread. Or you can do it yourself if you wish.

Edit:

Thanks for you reporting anyway. Congratulations for managing the disk-space problem. Thats why I said use a USB-Stick to avoid this problem.

Just read your former post on the "germanish" character off the tut,Sorry I did not see it before due to limited Internet-access aboard.

I will do a translation by myself, but just started yesterday my yearly holidays, sailing away the netherlands-coast side, so in the moment I have no time for it!

So this would take another three weeks, too long for people exitedly waiting for it! regards daddle(fan)
    Thanks again for all your efforts, and have good holidays! Just be sure to validate the translation before you go to any distant exotic location without internet! ;)
    Did you put kkorc in the ramdisk folder and started it from within, or did you try from a windows folder? Then it shouln't work probably.
    I haven't paid much attention to the directory it was in. It was the normal Download directory, as recommended in your guide. Since it is read/write, I suppose it was in the RAM disc. (I guess the LiveCD tries to avoid to write on physical drives. A Live CD is made to try Linux, not to save useless Linux files on the Windows hard discs.)

Anyway, it is good to know that rooting can be made with a Live CD, but it is preferable to use the USB stick to have a real physical disc with more memory to write the temp files, as recommended by your guide. I have had to use the CD because there is no way to boot from the USB stick with my PC. BTW, I have of course tried to modify the boot devices and order in the BIOS, and I can see the USB stick in the Boot Menu, but when I select it, nothing happens and I see the usual Windows boot screen. That may be because the connections from the discs to the motherboard have been modified in my PC. I may be the only one in the world with that problem, but luckily using the CD worked... the second time, without the backup in the RAM disc. I'm happy! (End of OT.)