FrameMe - The easy way to show off your favorite photos [Update 4-29-11]

Search This thread

del4

Jan 25, 2007
Arizona
Feature requests

Here are a couple other suggestions to add to the to-do list (or perhaps not! ;):p):

1) When you tap on the frame widget, a full-screen view of that photo comes up and you can then swipe through the set of photos easily. Any chance of having the auto-switching behavior continue after we've gone into full-screen mode? To clarify, once you tap on the widget-sized photo, have the full-screen photos continue to cycle through as the widget-sized photos do. This would in effect allow for a digital picture frame mode... This mode could be turned on/off via a setting since some users may not want it.

2) Again, after tapping on the frame widget and bringing up the full-screen view, tapping on the Menu button brings up the existing Frame Settings option along with a new option to View Thumbnails of all the photos connected to that frame. This would make it easier to quickly find a particular photo amongst possibly many instead of having to swipe, swipe, swipe to get to it.

Hope you find some free time soon and will consider adding in one or both of these options in a future update!

PhilD41

First let me say that version 1.3.3 is now posted. This is mainly fixes for Droid X and Droid 2 as well as some work-around's for the "out-of-memory" issues I was having working with the bitmaps. Hopefully you will see some improvements.

Second let me say thanks for all the great suggestions and feature ideas! I really really like them, just need some time to work on it. Some of you may know that this app was coded while I was in Ukraine adopting our 4 year-old daughter. (see details here if you are curious). We have been home for a little over a month and my development time has gone to zero! It is amazing how 4 kids 4 and under can make time simply vanish! I hope to find at least some time to work on it after Christmas. Below are a few of your ideas I am hoping to eventually get included.

• Custom Frames - provide image path to user frame
  • Picture Frame Mode
  • Web hosted frames to decrease application size
  • All widget sizes - requires web hosted frames
  • Directory thumbnails option in view mode

All that said, there are still some bugs I need to get hammered out first. The most notable are below:

• Proper croping aspects for hdmi phones - Droid X and similar
  • FCs when picking image with file browser on some phones

Be sure that I have not abandoned work on this app. As you can tell, there are big plans for it, you will just need to be patient. I appreciate you support so far.

Beards

Nov 3, 2008
Hi Philip,
Pleased to hear the kids are keeping you busy. That's what they are made for. :)

As a side note ~ I've now added a Galaxy Tab to my phone list so will be able to do testings for you on that phone (as well as continuing with the Galaxy S).

Initially it all seems well on the Tab but have not yet had time to carry out a thorough test. Hope to do this sometime towards the end of the weekend.

All the best.
Mike

cordell12

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 22, 2010
Dayton, TX
Very nice app! I remember seeing the thread when I first rooted my Hero a couple months ago, I never installed it though. I side loaded it via free XDA link and gave it a test run, much better than stock frames :) I then proceeded to the market and supported it.

Thanks for your work!

stunt4949

Dec 9, 2010
Thanks for this!

I'm looking forward to updates. Someones posted a suggestion earlier about being able to view a slideshow/other images after tapping the widget...definitely would make this app/widget rock!!

PS - Kudos to the adoption! My wife and I adopted after having our first 2!!

PhilD41

1.3.5 finally released...
Updates in first post...

So I haven't had time to do much with this sense getting back from Ukraine. I did make some minor updates for a few more memory issues and added support for the Atrix's external sd card. I also threw in a "frameless" option so you can display an image without one of the included frames. That is about it in way of functionality. A nice about screen was included as an app-drawer app as well, mainly for those buying from the market that don't know to look in the widget list for it.

Hope you are still enjoying it! I still have a long list of improvements when I have time.

dpeeps74

Oct 28, 2009
Austin
Hey, since the last update I am unable to load images through any app but gallery and am having problems having more than 1 frameme widget on adw ex (old version and the new one released today. I've also tried un/reinstall of frameme, and the other apps I've tried to add a pic are quickpic, root explorer and file manager. And quickpic has also been tried on 2 versions. I've also been on cm 7.0.2 and 7.0.3 of cyanogenmod

~maybe I set it too high...

vido.ardes

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 22, 2008
UK
first of all, great work, this is a very nice little app.

I have searched through this thread and haven't seen anyone mention it, is it possible to get a transparent background? When I pick something with transparency, it displays black instead of clear.

Keep up the good work!

Hippie459MN

Hey, since the last update I am unable to load images through any app but gallery and am having problems having more than 1 frameme widget on adw ex (old version and the new one released today. I've also tried un/reinstall of frameme, and the other apps I've tried to add a pic are quickpic, root explorer and file manager. And quickpic has also been tried on 2 versions. I've also been on cm 7.0.2 and 7.0.3 of cyanogenmod

~maybe I set it too high...

I am having same issue. I can select my image in QuickPic but then when I click save it says it couldnt save image or whatever and to please use another option or something along that line. Really stinks cause I have removed the factory gallery and only have QuickPic installed so this is useless to me. Please fix it so I can actually use it. Also I am using ADW Launcher EX. My specs are in my sig.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Bug found

I noticed a bug in the latest release today. The scrolling option has a memory. If you remove all the widgets from your homescreens they re-add one. When you open the new widget and scroll, it scrolls thru all images you have ever had widgets for. This is even after a reboot.