[Q] Viewsonic gtablet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Sprdtyf350

Jan 29, 2009
I just tried the Youtube stuff using the zpad_clean_v1(1106) and I don't know if everything is there but it sure seems like it is. My download list now shows all of my purchased apps also.

Yahoo! Pretty good fix...:D

jpothorst

Oct 11, 2007
I just tried the steps in the YouTube video on my G tab w/ CM beta2. It works for all my apps except the NYT app. Thats still not found. It seems to zonk the list of installed apps in market. Apps I've purchased just say purchased, some apps say installed, most apps just aren't there. Luckily I had already synced to AppBrain and AppBrain can trigger/check for updates. Thanks for the link.

Here're the lines you wanted from build.prop.

Find this entry:

ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi

and edit it to be:

ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi-v7a
ro.product.cpu.abi2=armeabi
I'm on CM beta2 also...worked for me.
Downloads were not all listed but found them in the Apps list and many had updates available. Facebook updated and I now have Places. Let's see what happens when I try to Check In...

wasserkapf

Sep 6, 2010
Guys.. I may have found a MARKET FIX

I hold no responsibility for anyone having issues after doing this. As always, Nandroid before changing important files. I followed this video, step for step in real time as he did it. On my CM6.1b2 running G-Tablet and followed his instructions. After rebooting and opening market mine went back into the accept terms for a second, but then went right to market. And now things that weren't showing up before are all now. Dropbox, titanium backup, and other things I was searching for when i realized we didn't have a full market. This is nothing hard.. Watch the video. And try it if you feel comfortable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l-nySibzeA&feature=related

will test more in a second. Edit. Still not full but way more than before. Most of the normal things are showing up now. Almost double the results now.

I have a stock g-tablet with TnT, rooted and with LauncherPro. This doesn't work, maybe because the system settings app is different. I think that you may need the default settings app.

Last edited:

n0m0n

Dec 3, 2009
HERE
Read the post above from a guy who works at Sears. Again, it could be up to the individual store manager, and maybe you've pissed this guy off and he's just determined to say no or maybe he's taking something very literally, but I'd continue to pound on the fact that it's missing SEVERAL KEY components that it claims to have. Flash, Market, or simply use it until it sh*ts itself then bring it back and say it won't boot and it's defective.

I'd keep calling Sears and politely complaining and working your way up the chain. You'll catch a hell of a lot more flies with honey as they say; if you keep polite and insistent you'll surely find someone who will make it right for you.

Failing all of that, iis there another Sears nearby? :)

No I didn't piss this guy off other then the financial time we live in is probably not healthy for a store manager of a chain that just showed the street a quarterly loss.
The progression went as follows the sales rep first told me that there was a 15% restocking fee.
I requested that he call a manager becuase I did not feel the store policy was not fair since the product wasn't even physically on display.
Al the time saying that I knew it was not him.
The department manager stated with no room to wiggle that that was the store policy and that was that.
I then requested the store manager (NICELY) he to said that is the policy of the company and not a store policy.
I left and called the customer service 800# at which time the rep (and he said he was a supervisor) told me that if I did not like the company policy then I would not purchase the product form them...
Asked for the DM and was told that the store manager would have to deal with my position and that I was at the top of the ladder.
Back to the store manager and he stood more solid as if the cement had settled, I figure since the CS 8003 backed him he wouldn't there was no wiggle room at all.

Ironically he did thank me for sharing all the negative on the device and would advise the sales personnel!!!!!!!!!
Here I sit.

debaillon

Jun 14, 2007
roebeet, if you get a good market fix working with TnT lite, will you be packaging it up in an update.zip and posting it here?

KorbenD

Nov 9, 2010
Just a heads up that I couldn't get this to work on either TnT Lite or zPad clean -- the data won't clear, for some reason. :(

I finally got this working by ending the tasks and then clearing the data for Google Framework by using Titanium Backup. Any of the other data/cache management tools should work too.

The quick test to see if it's working is to try running Market after clearing data. If you get an error, then it should be done. Reboot. Be sure you have a connection before running Market again.

rothnic

Aug 18, 2010
Guys.. I may have found a MARKET FIX

I hold no responsibility for anyone having issues after doing this. As always, Nandroid before changing important files. I followed this video, step for step in real time as he did it. On my CM6.1b2 running G-Tablet and followed his instructions. After rebooting and opening market mine went back into the accept terms for a second, but then went right to market. And now things that weren't showing up before are all now. Dropbox, titanium backup, and other things I was searching for when i realized we didn't have a full market. This is nothing hard.. Watch the video. And try it if you feel comfortable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l-nySibzeA&feature=related

will test more in a second. Edit. Still not full but way more than before. Most of the normal things are showing up now. Almost double the results now.

You should post this in a different thread or else it will get lost.

roebeet

Jul 15, 2010
Pennsylvania
I finally got this working by ending the tasks and then clearing the data for Google Framework by using Titanium Backup. Any of the other data/cache management tools should work too.

The quick test to see if it's working is to try running Market after clearing data. If you get an error, then it should be done. Reboot. Be sure you have a connection before running Market again.

WORKED. Awesome. I'm going to write this up and mention all references so it's out of the big thread.

THANK YOU!!!!

switt

Mar 13, 2008
I'm on CM beta2 also...worked for me.
Downloads were not all listed but found them in the Apps list and many had updates available. Facebook updated and I now have Places. Let's see what happens when I try to Check In...

After I updated apps via Titanium my Market Download list started to populate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm probably going to call my local SEARS, tomorrow - I pre-ordered an Archos 101, but this thing might actually be better (and available quicker). It's a little pricier than I was looking to spend, but it's probably very fast.
    Disassembly

Probably best to use a plastic iPod 5G tool versus a screwdriver.

There are four screws hidden behind the rubber feet, in the back of the device. Pull off the feet, and unscrew.

Then, slowly pull off the back of the device, using the iPod tool or small screwdriver - there are clips which hold it together. Once the clips are off, the back comes off.

Some pics:

gtpic01.jpg

gtpic02.jpg

gtpic03.jpg

gtpic04.jpg

gtpic05.jpg

gtpic06.jpg

gtpic07.jpg
    I just got a Viewsonic gtablet from Sears today (was on sale $379.00),looks like it can be very powerful... but I am lost ,it needs some updates... no market ... Very fast on the net... no flash at all,wont play any youtubes
    I hope someone know s something about this tablet , I cant find any help other than calling Viewsonics help number
    this is the newest pad i ever seen

:confused:
    I also purchased one tonight and it is utter junk with this TapnTap UI loaded on it. I did manage to load Launcher Pro and this thing was FLYING! Lets get this project moving!
    Here you go :) Flash should work

Hope this helps guys.. this is the apk file for the folio 100 which was downloaded from the service center this morning, hope it works :) for me it only works on the stock browser not opera. Pleases leave feedback