[Q] Cannot install null rom

Search This thread

udotbdot5

Jan 2, 2014
Hi everyone.

First of all, i am sorry if my question has been answered somewhere. i have searched thoughout this and other sites and have asked in several threads, with no reply.

I have rooted my Gear (impactor) but my SU binary update just fails installation every time. Someone told me this is not fatal, so after 2 days, i tried the next steps and am able to load the null zip file, install it, but at the very end, with no error message, it reboots to download mode. everytime. at this point i have to use odin to load the stock recovery and start again.

No guide or comment in any thread suggests anyone has had this problem. As you can probably tell, this is all quite new to me, so I do understand that it could just be me doing something wrong, that others may take for granted.

Also, my null installation says i am installing onto a i9300 - is this normal?

1)How can i manually update the su binary (tried superuser, superuser fixer. busybox), and is that related to the rom not working?

2)Why does the installation get to the very end but then just reboot into download mode...?

I just want to be able to use this rom but nothing i try is letting me get past this stage. Any help would be appreciated massively.

fOmey

Recognized Developer
Mar 7, 2009
Sydney, AUS
Hi everyone.

First of all, i am sorry if my question has been answered somewhere. i have searched thoughout this and other sites and have asked in several threads, with no reply.

I have rooted my Gear (impactor) but my SU binary update just fails installation every time. Someone told me this is not fatal, so after 2 days, i tried the next steps and am able to load the null zip file, install it, but at the very end, with no error message, it reboots to download mode. everytime. at this point i have to use odin to load the stock recovery and start again.

No guide or comment in any thread suggests anyone has had this problem. As you can probably tell, this is all quite new to me, so I do understand that it could just be me doing something wrong, that others may take for granted.

1)How can i manually update the su binary (tried superuser, superuser fixer. busybox), and is that related to the rom not working?

2)Why does the installation get to the very end but then just reboot into download mode...?

I just want to be able to use this rom but nothing i try is letting me get past this stage. Any help would be appreciated massively.

Have you read the instructions ?

You need to flash the recovery first, then flash the rom. The rom is for THE GEAR, not your phone.

Reactions: waco2hot33

udotbdot5

Jan 2, 2014

You need to flash the recovery first, then flash the rom. The rom is for THE GEAR, not your phone.

Thanks for your reply.

I did read it, and i did follow it. Ive done almost nothing on my phone, and flashed the recovery(odin), moved the rom zip to the watch (adb or wondershare) - and then gone into recovery mode to install it.

Was this wrong? Or have i missed something important?

fOmey

Recognized Developer
Mar 7, 2009
Sydney, AUS
Thanks for your reply.

I did read it, and i did follow it. Ive done almost nothing on my phone, and flashed the recovery(odin), moved the rom zip to the watch (adb or wondershare) - and then gone into recovery mode to install it.

Was this wrong? Or have i missed something important?

Read them again please.

udotbdot5

Jan 2, 2014
Read them again please.

Thanks for your help.

Having read and reread them, i still can not understand what you are referring to when you mention that the rom is not for my phone and that i need to flash recovery first.

Thank you for replying, i will start from the beginning again

almulder1092

Oct 11, 2013
Thanks for your help.

Having read and reread them, i still can not understand what you are referring to when you mention that the rom is not for my phone and that i need to flash recovery first.

Thank you for replying, i will start from the beginning again

Try checking out my tutorial and see if that helps ya.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone.